Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paintjob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zombieman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zombieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: paintjob
    Posted: 21 November 2004 at 7:55pm

what is the best way to paint a 98c and tell me how to do it

ive heard of baking it on and is that the best way to do that and how do you do it

My setup
Red ion
Red system x drop
Red New designz trigger
Red q lock feed neck
68/45 crossfire blue
eggy
Soon to Come
Element Ion Body and Frame
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea whatís inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 7:55pm
search man, this has been asked at least 25 times.
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
zombieman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zombieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 8:02pm
i did search and nothing really came up
My setup
Red ion
Red system x drop
Red New designz trigger
Red q lock feed neck
68/45 crossfire blue
eggy
Soon to Come
trigger_happy81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger_happy81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 9:37pm

hey man i was looking to fo the same and go to this website

http://www.model98.net

It tells you all the possible mods you can do to your model 98 and 98 custom

My Gun is My Best Friend!I am useless with out my gun and my gun is useless with out me!
g-bilt shibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-bilt shibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 11:30pm
stealthmodecustom.com does it for like $35 or somthing like that for any paintjob

if I was better with my airbrush I would attempt a camo job myself

The difference between the possible and impossible is determination.
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea whatís inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by trigger_happy81 trigger_happy81 wrote:

hey man i was looking to fo the same and go to this website

http://www.model98.net

It tells you all the possible mods you can do to your model 98 and 98 custom

use this website, its the best

A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 1:14am
This may Help I'm thinking of painting my 98c Red and Ghetto milling then painting the words the name "Blitzkrieg"(Name I gave my Marker) and "Panda Man"(it shouldn't take to long to figure out that one) in black on it.

Tools you may need: SandPaper, Steel Wool, Dremal, Paint(color of your Choice, and primer), metal file, Elbow Greeese, Safty Goggles, and maybe a insalation mask(Those 1$ mask things)

These are the Steps I'm ganna Fallow

Step 1:Disasemble the marker(make sure it isn't hooked up to gas source) then seperate the 2 Halves.

Step 2(Remember to wear the insalation mask in this Step!): Pull out the ole' Dremal and Grind down the "Tippmann 98 Custom" Part on it. or pull out Sand Paper and elbow Grease and Sand down the 98c part.

Step 3(Remember to wear the insalation mask in this Step!): once you have filed away or grinded down all the way, Grind away all the black/silver paint off... once thats down inspect it really good so that there isn't any discomformity, or small specs of paint left, and file away whats left ot smooth out the edges.

Step 4(Remember to wear the insalation mask in this Step!): Begin to paint lightly over the Reciver Halves, Until a even thin single coat is on. Then Repeat Step 4 Agian till its the Brightness/Darkness/Thickness you want, and makesure there is no silver parts remaining or black specs.

Step 5: Let Dry for about an hour or more(Depends on number of coats) then get the primer(Or whatever that stuff is called) and give it a VERY light Coat of that. then let it sit for around a 1/2 hour - 1 hour. Then check back to see if it turned out the Way you wanted. If it isn't they do sell Spare Reciver Halves.

Step 6: File away any area you may see fit to do so, such as under-neath the foregrip area or the Barrel Thread connector area...

Step 7: Show off your uber skillful painting skillz....

I may have missed somthing but Correct me where I have messed up.

Edited by Panda Man
zombieman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zombieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 8:03pm
thanks panda man
My setup
Red ion
Red system x drop
Red New designz trigger
Red q lock feed neck
68/45 crossfire blue
eggy
Soon to Come
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic