FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

YOU’RE NOT IN "JESUSLAND" ANYMORE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Multi-Colored J Multi-Colored J wrote:

We are in Jesusland. Jesusland has nothing to do with racism. Please, go away.

and to further an arguement against the original post, there is much more racism here.
CHiKUN PiMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proudly picking on priests since 800 AD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 8:01pm
GG on sterotyping an entire continent by the actions of drunken idiot soccer hooligans, it's an underused tactic these days.

And no I'm not a fan of Europe either, except maybe Holland!

Edited by CHiKUN PiMP
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 9:17pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

/me jealous of CK mostly for his handsomely charming good looks.

Aw, how sweet.  You're gonna make Dave (and David Hasselhoff) jealous.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 3:27am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Be careful, I heard Hasselhoff has a mean jealous side.

Anyways, it was too difficult to read one of new's rants without a microscope. Well, from the looks of it, it wasn't anything new anywas. Just more complaining about us liberals.

Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 6:42am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Be careful, I heard Hasselhoff has a mean jealous side.

Anyways, it was too difficult to read one of new's rants without a microscope. Well, from the looks of it, it wasn't anything new anywas. Just more complaining about us liberals.

Progressive-thinking liberal scum.  Yor idears ain'twelcome here.

new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 11:13am

Originally posted by Multi-Colored J Multi-Colored J wrote:

We are in Jesusland. Jesusland has nothing to do with racism. Please, go away.

Ok, I read it.  Boring, and old news.

Your implied question about the picture in my sig:  I have that picture in my sig because it makes me laugh, and I like to share.

Was there anything else you wanted to know?

Yes, Glad you asked. Run this thru with me if you don't mind.

What if we stamped out JesusLand and replaced it with IslamoLand...

Would you still find it funny and want to share it with everyone here?

Edited by new002
Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff Z’Nuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 11:39am
Why would we replace it with islamoland? That is not the best argument.

Why our country is Jesusland, is because Christians are trying to make the country theirs - making abortion illegal (trying to), making homosexual marriage illegal, having prayer in schools...

X
Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff Z’Nuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 11:41am
Oh yeah, YOU'RE FROM CANADA! What do you care about American politics? Please, don't argue them. You don't live in the same country...

Edited by Multi-Colored J
X
Squirrel Master View Drop Down
Official Forum Haiku Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squirrel Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 11:45am
Jesus!! soccer!! black, white, christian, jew, east coast, west coast,!!!!! AHHHHH P-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-R-R-R-P  gO-way now......gotta jounce
ROCK IS DEAD!!! Long Live Paper and Scissors
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 12:08pm
I would be just as angry if the country actually did become "Islamoland" because then the gov't would officially be endorsing a religion. However, it is not because I am not predjudiced against the Islamic faith as someone appears to be.

I have no problem with Christianity or Christians, hell, I go to a Catholic school. But there is a fundamental problem when religion and politics in a country such as ours start to mix.

In any case, his sig is funny, it also pokes fun at states that voted Kerry, so lay off.

Also, why is it not okay when the English are clearly racist against the black soccer players, but it is okay when you are clearly predjudiced against the Islamic faith (judging from about nine of your posts)?

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 12:13pm

EDIT - responding to new002's post.

To answer your question:  Yes.  Assuming, of course, that it were vaguely accurate (i.e., we had a large Muslim population instead of a large Christian population).

But more to the point:  Your question is itself the very reason why I love this picture so much.  You appear to be somewhat offended by the "Jesusland" portion of the picture.  In the meantime, others have told me how offended they are by the "US of Canada" portion of the picture.

This picture has a little for everybody.  Anybody who is looking to be offended can find something to be offended by.  You clearly assumed, without foundation, that I intended this to be offensive to "Jesusland" folks.  Others have assumed the opposite.

Well done.

Edited by Clark Kent
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 12:27pm
I love the sig, it's just too bad I don't live in the United States of Canada, I think I'd be much happier.
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 1:06pm
I live in the big red state of Ohio.  We're hemorhaging jobs daily, but Joe and Sally Six-Pack have Jesus in the Oval Office and NASCAR on T.V.  Love the sig Clark.

Edited by Badsmitty
Not da pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Not da pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 1:22pm
wow all caps title and a small ass font.  YUo suck stop spaming

^Not me!^
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 1:47pm
It would not be funny to call us Islamoland because islamics aren't the ones taking over our country.
I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by MROD MROD wrote:

It would not be funny to call us Islamoland because islamics aren't the ones taking over our country.

This country was founded by Christians. They were here before you and your 13 year old renegade self could claim otherwise.

Edited by Frozen
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 2:08pm

And that's quite irrelevant. Th sountry was set up so everyone can have equal rights and to not be biased towards religions.

I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 2:15pm
Our country isn't being taken over by Christians, its being taken over by radical Bush supporters who sit in their front porch rocking chair, with a shotgun in one hand and a bible in the other.

Face the facts. This country is biased in favor of christianity, because that's what the majority of people are. Half the people on this forum are self proclaimed bloody athiests, but that's an infinitecimaly small portion of our nation. Our founding fathers had to base this countries ideals in something, and they chose their own religious roots to do so.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 2:18pm
I voted for Bush but I dont have a bible in my hand. I have Whiskey instead.

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Frozen Frozen wrote:

Our country isn't being taken over by Christians, its being taken over by radical Bush supporters who sit in their front porch rocking chair, with a shotgun in one hand and a bible in the other.

Face the facts. This country is biased in favor of christianity, because that's what the majority of people are. Half the people on this forum are self proclaimed bloody athiests, but that's an infinitecimaly small portion of our nation. Our founding fathers had to base this countries ideals in something, and they chose their own religious roots to do so.

Pop quiz:

1) Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
2) What was the religion of (answer to #1)?
3) List the differences between Deism and Christianity.
4) What was the religion of Benjamin Franklin?
5) True or false--Thomas Paine published The Age of Reason, a work which popularized Deism throughout America and Europe.

Good luck!

EDIT: And for bonus points, please state the purpose of seperation of Church and State in the United States Constitution, and then explain how the Bill of Rights was actually created to protect the minority.

Edited by Ejp414

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic