Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

YOU’RE NOT IN "JESUSLAND" ANYMORE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 10:30am
Originally posted by new002 new002 wrote:

So tell me, how do I avoid upsetting the left people on this forum,

First, you need to stop referring to "leftists."  That's a good way to start.  I am not a "leftist," and adrenalinejunky is most certainly not a "leftist," as he has pointed out on several occasions.

You are not upsetting "leftists," you are upsetting everybody.  That is part of your problem.  Referring to everybody who doesn't jump on your bandwagon as a "leftist" makes everybody mad, whether they are leftist or not.  It is annoying and rude.

Second, you need to stop the crusade.  There is nothing wrong with the articles you posted.  Heck, I was about to post the 85 lashes story myself.  It is all about presentation.  There are two elements to this:

First, I haven't seen any other threads started by you that I can recall, and then suddenly there are 3 Islam-critical articles in a row.  That's not random.  That speaks of some intent on your part not to post interesting/hair-raising articles, but to specifically inform us of the evils of Islam.  That is annoying and rude.  I don't like when telemarketers interrupts my dinner, and I don't like when people start multi-thread political rants on my internet forum.  It would have been much better if you had started a single thread entitled "Islam is teh sux", and posted all the articles there.  You showed poor netiquette, and that is annoying and rude.  After a while, we had three threads going that were looking increasingly identical.  Definitely annoying and rude.

Second, this was aggravated by your commentary.  In two of the three cases you did not simply post the article, you highlighted sections or added clever headers designed to make your point about "Islam is teh sux."  This is not merely being informative, it is trying to make a point without coming out and saying it.  It took us until page 4 or 5 to get you to explain your actual point, which I was able to answer with a single word.  If you have a point, make it - insinuation by multi-posting is not a good way to make friends.  It is just annoying and rude.  By the time we got to the meat of the discussion you had already made everybody mad by your poor manners.

To bolster my point about how it is your behavior that is the problem, not the substance, I point you to the first responses in each of your threads.  There were several Islam-critical responses.  None of these posters were criticized for the substance of their response.  As junky, EJP, and others have pointed out on multiple occasions, we criticize Islam plenty around here.  Plenty.  That's not the point.  These other posters in your threads were not being annoying and rude.  THAT is the point.

To summarize:  1.  Your categorization of everybody as "leftist" is annoying and rude.  2.  If you were merely trying to point us toward some informative stories, you should simply have done so, without ulterior motives.  Your ulterior motives shone through strong, which made your multi-posting annoying and rude.  3.  If you were trying to make a political point, you should have just made the point, and made it in a single thread.  Your multi-post insinuations were annoying and rude.

To summarize the summary:  Annoying and rude.

Edited by Clark Kent
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 1:00pm
Drop it, Clark. Like I said before, Professional Troll. He can't seem to argue anything other than his right to post. I have yet to see him counter a single, sensible, on-topic post. Rather, he's helped de-rail his own threads into innane arguments over his right to repeatedly post critisisms of the islamic religion. I also can't recall him making the distiction between average, everyday muslims, and these extremists when it has been, both subtly and outrightly, pointed out to him.

He's here to pick a fight with you. Stop and he'll(hopefully) go away.
pballa j.r. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike1~Language. 12/04

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa j.r. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 2:54pm
I just want to know why he refers to himself (new02) in third person.
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by new002 new002 wrote:

So tell me, how do I avoid upsetting the left people on this forum,

First, you need to stop referring to "leftists."  That's a good way to start.  I am not a "leftist," and adrenalinejunky is most certainly not a "leftist," as he has pointed out on several occasions.

You are not upsetting "leftists," you are upsetting everybody.  That is part of your problem.  Referring to everybody who doesn't jump on your bandwagon as a "leftist" makes everybody mad, whether they are leftist or not.  It is annoying and rude.

Second, you need to stop the crusade.  There is nothing wrong with the articles you posted.  Heck, I was about to post the 85 lashes story myself.  It is all about presentation.  There are two elements to this:

First, I haven't seen any other threads started by you that I can recall, and then suddenly there are 3 Islam-critical articles in a row.  That's not random.  That speaks of some intent on your part not to post interesting/hair-raising articles, but to specifically inform us of the evils of Islam.  That is annoying and rude.  I don't like when telemarketers interrupts my dinner, and I don't like when people start multi-thread political rants on my internet forum.  It would have been much better if you had started a single thread entitled "Islam is teh sux", and posted all the articles there.  You showed poor netiquette, and that is annoying and rude.  After a while, we had three threads going that were looking increasingly identical.  Definitely annoying and rude.

Second, this was aggravated by your commentary.  In two of the three cases you did not simply post the article, you highlighted sections or added clever headers designed to make your point about "Islam is teh sux."  This is not merely being informative, it is trying to make a point without coming out and saying it.  It took us until page 4 or 5 to get you to explain your actual point, which I was able to answer with a single word.  If you have a point, make it - insinuation by multi-posting is not a good way to make friends.  It is just annoying and rude.  By the time we got to the meat of the discussion you had already made everybody mad by your poor manners.

To bolster my point about how it is your behavior that is the problem, not the substance, I point you to the first responses in each of your threads.  There were several Islam-critical responses.  None of these posters were criticized for the substance of their response.  As junky, EJP, and others have pointed out on multiple occasions, we criticize Islam plenty around here.  Plenty.  That's not the point.  These other posters in your threads were not being annoying and rude.  THAT is the point.

To summarize:  1.  Your categorization of everybody as "leftist" is annoying and rude.  2.  If you were merely trying to point us toward some informative stories, you should simply have done so, without ulterior motives.  Your ulterior motives shone through strong, which made your multi-posting annoying and rude.  3.  If you were trying to make a political point, you should have just made the point, and made it in a single thread.  Your multi-post insinuations were annoying and rude.

To summarize the summary:  Annoying and rude.

What this comes down to is your assumptions.  Basically what I keep hearing from you. Is that I posted three separate threads in a close time span.  That makes me anti-islamic. 

http://www.tippmann.com/players/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp ?TID=118861&KW=new002

There is the fist post.  I copied word for word from the news article. What could possibly be offence?

Look at the other 2 stories.  On the last one, the title calls Terrorists names. I will not apologie for calling terrorists names.

Edited by new002
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:22pm
Do you purposely not read his posts. He had answered what you have done wrong, read THE FIRST PART too. I think you might skip it so you do not have to admit what you're doing.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:24pm
I give up.
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:25pm

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Do you purposely not read his posts. He had answered what you have done wrong, read THE FIRST PART too. I think you might skip it so you do not have to admit what you're doing.

That is true Dune; I am difficult to the lefties.  Perhaps even annoying and rude.

The bottom line is Clark asked me about the assignment. I gave it to him. Instead I got a rant.  If he wants to be helpful. Then create a demonstration on what he would have done differently from my posts.  So we can compare word for word.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:27pm

I give up with you Clark. You told him how to stop, yet he doesn't and just keeps up with his "can't I post this" idea. Which is not what we're arguing about. Nothing more can be done.

new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I give up with you Clark. You told him how to stop, yet he doesn't and just keeps up with his "can't I post this" idea. Which is not what we're arguing about. Nothing more can be done.

Clark says, "First, I haven't seen any other threads started by you that I can recall, and then suddenly there are 3 Islam-critical articles in a row. "

Well that is Clarkís assumption.  He assumes that new002 is someone who has never posted anything about anyone else. While it is quite likely that new002 was created just to discuss sensitive issues.

All I can say Dune, Is Clark should do the project.  So we can quantifiably compare word for word, what he would post differently.  Anything less is a not helpful.

Edited by new002
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:38pm

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

I give up.

Do the project. 

Then we have a quantifiable word for word comparison. 

My word, Clark, we have had debates in the past that worked out well.  Don't give up now.

adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:42pm
the point isn't that "new002" is new, but that "new002" has no established record for behavior. if you had been around posting news articles on a variety of subjects for some time now, that would be something different, but that isn't the case.

your view of helpful is quite honestly retarded. the whole assignement is set up to put clark at a disadvantage to start with. how is telling you what about your posts was viewed as wrong not helpful?

if you want to discus it, use a modicom of thought to actually analize whats being said, otherwise, i'm giving up as well.
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:51pm

Originally posted by adrenalinejunky adrenalinejunky wrote:

the point isn't that "new002" is new, but that "new002" has no established record for behavior. if you had been around posting news articles on a variety of subjects for some time now, that would be something different, but that isn't the case.

Now that is a reasonable argument.  So the assumption is still the readers. Right?  (don't answer that here. This thread is complicated enough)

your view of helpful is quite honestly retarded. the whole assignement is set up to put clark at a disadvantage to start with. how is telling you what about your posts was viewed as wrong not helpful?

I disagree, if you want to quantify, the only method is to compare word for word. That is why the project is necessary.

if you want to discus it, use a modicom of thought to actually analize whats being said, otherwise, i'm giving up as well.

Edited by new002
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 4:18pm

Originally posted by adrenalinejunky adrenalinejunky wrote:

Ok, New002 is wrong in his approach. That may be true. Other then saying your wrong, wrong, wrong.  We should be able to quantify word for word the difference between that Clark perceives as right and wrong and new002 perceives as right and wrong.  Then this should be quantifiably obvious.

MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 4:32pm

[/QUOTE]

Clark says, "First, I haven't seen any other threads started by you that I can recall, and then suddenly there are 3 Islam-critical articles in a row. "

Well that is Clarkís assumption.  He assumes that new002 is someone who has never posted anything about anyone else. While it is quite likely that new002 was created just to discuss sensitive issues.

[/QUOTE]

Please stop refering to yourself in the third person.

I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 4:36pm
Hades can no longer follow this thread by just skimming it. Nor does he think he cares too.

Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 5:00pm
derail train coming...

*locks and loads his 8 account rollercoaster*
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Frozen Frozen wrote:

derail train coming...

derailing is for nubs.

Dragunov View Drop Down
Stike One. Offensive Sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragunov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

derail train coming...

derailing is for nubs.

Take that back, you fiend.
RAMBINO IS MY BABIES DADDY

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 5:02pm
I wonder if Enos Spank will show up soon...
∞∞& View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ∞∞& Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Dragunov Dragunov wrote:

Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

derail train coming...

derailing is for nubs.

Take that back, you fiend.

En guarde, evil pirate!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic