FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

YOU’RE NOT IN "JESUSLAND" ANYMORE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 3:26pm

Four of our Presidents were Unitarian.  That drives the evangelicals crazy.

hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 3:47pm

Originally posted by Multi-Colored J Multi-Colored J wrote:

Why would we replace it with islamoland? That is not the best argument.

Why our country is Jesusland, is because Christians are trying to make the country theirs - making abortion illegal (trying to), making homosexual marriage illegal, having prayer in schools...

If having prayer in school is trying to take over the US, then every other religion is tyring to take over the good 'ole US of A.  Students of every religion have the right to have organized prayer in school.  And the aithiests (sp?) have the choice not to even watch them.  That could very well be changed though because a very small percentage of people find it offensive (like the prayers at High School football games).  Why do we wish to please the minorities?  If you have two ways to choose from, it is logical to either choose neutral or to go with the majority.  And BTW, the seperation of church and state was to make sure that any one religion was not deprived of their rights, not to take away the rights of the largest religion in the US.

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Cheesus View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Racist joke 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheesus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 5:12pm
nope.

Welcome to Cheesusland
Forum God
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 1:59am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

EDIT - responding to new002's post.

To answer your question:  Yes.  Assuming, of course, that it were vaguely accurate (i.e., we had a large Muslim population instead of a large Christian population).

Exactly. I think you are right. I doubt you have been called racist or predjuiced for the Jesusland picture? Correct?  Yet the hypocracy of some on this forum is that, if you were to post IslamLand on Iraq, you would be unfairly labled Racist or prejustice.

But more to the point:  Your question is itself the very reason why I love this picture so much.  You appear to be somewhat offended by the "Jesusland" portion of the picture.  In the meantime, others have told me how offended they are by the "US of Canada" portion of the picture.

First understand that what you are saying there is very far from my point. You are headed in the wrong direction.

OK, I will spill the beans, "The bottom line is that criticizing Christians is politically Correct, and were as criticizing Islam is not."

I could quote Christian stories all day long and not be called prejudice and get flack on this forum. I don't recall any out rage on your picture.

However since when is it prejudice to quote the news stories of mostly Islamic people who are hiding to protect their lives? Yet I got nailed for being in an anti-Islam Rage, I was called racist, and prejudiced.

We should be able to criticize all religion with out being called prejudiced on this forum. Currently it is ok to criticize Christianity without being called prejudiced, so there must be a way to criticize Islam with out being called prejudiced right?

Edited by new002
adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 2:01am
last a checked islam wasn't a race.... i doubt he'd be called racist if he did that...
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 2:04am
Response to New002

What are you talking about? It is okay to critize anybody.

Not liking someone because of what they believe or look like is what you are calling "Racist."

Edited by Hades

new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Response to New002

What are you talking about? It is okay to critize anybody.

Not liking someone because of what they believe or look like is what you are calling "Racist."

Well new002 has been called racist a lot on this forum. So how does one criticize Islam without being called racist?

-edit that should have been prejudiced.

Edited by new002
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 2:11am
Ignore who is calling you racist....

new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 2:13am

^^^ my bad, I ment prejudiced

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 2:16am
Eh.. We are all prejudice in some form or another. I wont eat any fresh fruit unless it is perfectly formed on the outside without any marks.

new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 2:46am
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Eh.. We are all prejudice in some form or another. I wont eat any fresh fruit unless it is perfectly formed on the outside without any marks.

Since when is is prejudice to quote the news stories of mostly Islamic people who are hiding to protect thier lives?
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 3:06am
I never said it was. Your barking up the wrong tree....

new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 3:30am

-

Edited by new002
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 3:31am

Direct to all those who have called me Racist, in an Anti-Islamic Rage, prejudiced.  

Since when is it prejudicing to quote the news stories of mostly Islamic people who are hiding to protect their lives? That is people who may be too afraid or dead to tell the stories themselves? 

Edited by new002
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 10:39am

Originally posted by new002 new002 wrote:

OK, I will spill the beans, "The bottom line is that criticizing Christians is politically Correct, and were as criticizing Islam is not."

Don't worry - we had your beans figured out long ago.

And you are wrong.

As many people have told you many times:  Everybody gets criticized on this forum pretty consistently.  Muslims have been criticized on this forum by many people, much more harshly than what you have come up with.  That's OK.  It was always ok.

What is troubling us about your posts (as has been pointed out already by many people) is your apparent crusade (so to speak) against Islam.  It is one thing to make a criticism - it is something else entirely to launch a coordinated multi-thread attack on Islam (or anything else).  If somebody had started three seperate threads for no other reason than to criticize Christianity, you had better believe people would have been upset.

In fact, I was just criticized last week for making a single thread mocking Southerners, of all things.

I don't know how to spell this out any more for you.  You are wrong, wrong, wrong.  The Christians, agnostics, and atheists are all telling you so.  If our resident Muslim were here, he'd tell you as well.

new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 3:53pm

Originally posted by new002 new002 wrote:

Don't worry - we had your beans figured out long ago.

And you are wrong.

What is troubling us about your posts (as has been pointed out already by many people) is your apparent crusade (so to speak) against Islam.  It is one thing to make a criticism - it is something else entirely to launch a coordinated multi-thread attack on Islam (or anything else).  If somebody had started three seperate threads for no other reason than to criticize Christianity, you had better believe people would have been upset.

In fact, I was just criticized last week for making a single thread mocking Southerners, of all things.

I don't know how to spell this out any more for you.  You are wrong, wrong, wrong.  The Christians, agnostics, and atheists are all telling you so.  If our resident Muslim were here, he'd tell you as well.

OK, Clark perhaps you’re right. Perhaps I have gone about this the wrong way. Better to figure this out here and now.

Could you set me straight on this thought?

Do you believe that leftist political correctness is inadvertently silencing the voices of Islamic fascist victims?  Be those victims Islamic people themselves or simply critics of Islam.  

(Just look at what we have here, many pages of disdain against the messenger, and the stories themselves are lost in the noise)

Edited by new002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 4:37pm
No.
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 4:43pm

No.

Fair enough, I can respect that.

So take those three stories I posted and present them in a way you feel would be correct. 

I promise I will wrap this up shortly, if you do.

Edited by new002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 5:03pm
I do not understand the assignment.
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 8:49am

I do not understand the assignment.

Hi Clark.

Anyhow, like to say thanks for sticking it out. 

So here we are; listed below are the 3 titles to my (new002) posts that have caused some outrage on this forum.

Another Islam Critic Goes Into Hiding.

The first story discusses how an Islamic woman is being threatend with death, because she is questioning her own Clerics. She feels that the Clerics should be doing more to condemn extremist members.

What would be the most effective approach for this criticism when speaking with the left and not get called Prejudiced, an anti-Islamic, or racist.  Could you create a demonstration post?

14 years old, 85 lashes

This is a story in Iran; it is about how the young people there are brutalized.  If you follow Iran at all, many young Iranians seem to loathe the mullahs and corrupt and mismanaged rule.

I have seen numerous posts by young Iran‘s trying to get the word out about this repressive system. I posted this to give voice.  

So most effective approach to this story to the left in this forum and again not get called prejudiced & anti-Islamic.

Terrorist Goat violators slay female aid.

Finally, this is about the CARE worker.  This one hits close to home for me. As I have a female civilian school mate who has volunteered to do reconstruction work in Afghanistan.

She arrived there before the Afghan elections. I got a report about some kidnappings there a few weeks ago, fortuately she is safe.

Personally I think that any man who slays an aid worker should be called

worst names not appropriate for this forum.

So tell me, how do I avoid upsetting the left people on this forum,

Could you recreate this post so it would keep me as (new002) out of leftist crosshairs?

--- The catch is that, we need to post three separate threads, at nearly the same time.

Now, once I receive your examples, I would like to go to a different website, and see what type of reactions we get. I get to pick the site. ;)

Edited by new002
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic