Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

YOU’RE NOT IN "JESUSLAND" ANYMORE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YOU’RE NOT IN "JESUSLAND" ANYMORE
    Posted: 19 November 2004 at 10:57am

Food for thought.

Though many American liberals continue to regard Europe as a model of sophistication and humanism, and thus a great potential check on rampant U.S. "cowboyism," Europe actually is a bit of a fever swamp. There's nothing new about this -- think of pre-World War II Europe. The re-emergence of European anti-semitism, though under-reported, is no secret either. In truth, though, Europe was essentially racist even during the golden age of the former Western Europe. And I'm talking about anti-black racism, not just anti-Semitism. In fact, the appointment of Condi Rice to replace Colin Powell made me recall a remark that a friend of mine who lived in Europe made more than 30 years ago. He said that it would be decades before the U.S. could appoint a black Secretary of State or Secretary of Defense because the Europeans wouldn't take one seriously. Come to think of it, where is England's Rice or France's Powell?

Anyone who follows European soccer knows about European racism. By the mid-1960s viciously racist crowd behavior was basically a thing of the past in the U.S sporting scene. But it was just getting started in Europe. Black players were routinely abused by English fans for at least two more decades. Unfortunately, Everton fans were considered among the worst, although at least they could be won over by good play. In the famous 1966 World Cup match between North Korea and a Portuguese team full of African players, the Everton crowd cheered the players off the field.

Overt racism finally has mostly been vanquished from the English game. However, blacks on the English national team often are the targets of terrible abuse when England plays on the continent. Yesterday, England played in Spain, a nation that surely is in the upper echelon of Euro-taste and sophistication. The blacks who played for England -- Ashley Cole, Shaun Wright-Phillips, and sub Jermaine Jenas -- faced a torrent of abuse throughout the match from the Madrid crowd, including chants of "monkey" and imitation monkey noises The same thing happened the day before when the England under 21 team played in Spain. One victim, Carlton Cole, complained that even little kids were joining in. Previously, the Spanish coach had made a racial slur about Thierry Henry, the French super-star who plays in England. And speaking of France, fans of the club St. Etienne physcially attacked opponent Bastia's black players after a match this weekend. Accounts of these disgraceful events can be found.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=316774&cc=5 901

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=316723&cc=5 901

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=316777&cc=5 901

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=316758&cc=5 901

Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 11:35am
And? Racism Still happens quite frequently here in the US. I'd guess that 60-70% of the people in this country could easily be proven to hold people in a negative light based solely on race. Just because it isn't politically correct to say it hear, doesn't mean people aren't thinking it. If anything, the Euro-trash gets bonus points for letting people demonstrate true Freedom of Opinion and Freedom of Speech, which is something you hold in high regards, given your other threads, isn't it?
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 2:00pm
Please, please, stop using that annoying tiny font.  Is using the default font really that hard?
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Please, please, stop using that annoying tiny font.  Is using the default font really that hard?

x a bajillion

Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff Z’Nuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 2:02pm
We are in Jesusland. Jesusland has nothing to do with racism. Please, go away.
X
Slimz.357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slimz.357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 2:04pm
^^^ Amen.
"If you make it idiot proof, they'll make a better idiot."
REQUIRED READING
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 2:46pm

Originally posted by Multi-Colored J Multi-Colored J wrote:

Did you actually read it.

Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff Z’Nuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by new002 new002 wrote:

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Did you actually read it.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

Was that a statement or a question? I think it was a question, so I shall dignify it with a response.

What the hell do soccer and anti-semitism have to do with Jesusland?
X
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 2:53pm

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Did you actually read it.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

Was that a statement or a question? I think it was a question, so I shall dignify it with a response.

What the hell do soccer and anti-semitism have to do with Jesusland?

Hey, glad you asked.  It really is geared toward Clark Kent. I just was wondering his opinion since it is part of his sig.

Also, hey J,  read this part and check the links, man that is a pisser. Europe is not the open liberal society we all think it is.  I guess being a Canadian I don't see this kind of stuff up here so it shocks me a bit.

However, blacks on the English national team often are the targets of terrible abuse when England plays on the continent. Yesterday, England played in Spain, a nation that surely is in the upper echelon of Euro-taste and sophistication. The blacks who played for England -- Ashley Cole, Shaun Wright-Phillips, and sub Jermaine Jenas -- faced a torrent of abuse throughout the match from the Madrid crowd, including chants of "monkey" and imitation monkey noises The same thing happened the day before when the England under 21 team played in Spain. One victim, Carlton Cole, complained that even little kids were joining in. Previously, the Spanish coach had made a racial slur about Thierry Henry, the French super-star who plays in England. And speaking of France, fans of the club St. Etienne physcially attacked opponent Bastia's black players after a match this weekend. Accounts of these disgraceful events can be found.

Edited by new002
ItalianoGuy04 View Drop Down
Strike 1, lewd questions, 2/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItalianoGuy04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 2:55pm
^^ ya somone explain that?

Supe'd up Spyda Victor, don't like it, don't care
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 3:12pm

Well, I didn't read it because the font gave me a headache.

If you have a question for me, please state it and I may answer.

new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 3:15pm

All what a lame excuse., your better then that CK.

Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 3:16pm
What does anything in Europe have to do with his sig. More importantly, why do you ignore my posts, which at least attempt a valid point/counterpoint discussion, while butting heads with the goon squad in the most innane, "I'm rubber and you're glue" sort of way.

Methinks I smell a professional troll.
Burnt Fingers View Drop Down
fap fap...er i mean clap clap clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burnt Fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 3:19pm
Thats only 1 of the countless reasons soccer is the worst sport ever.
Not da pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Not da pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 3:19pm
im in united states of canada thank god

^Not me!^
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 3:47pm

All what a lame excuse., your better then that CK.

OK Clark, this is a larger font just for you. Although I don't see why you don't use copy and paste.  Hey you choose that picture for a reason, so lets hear it.

Though many American liberals continue to regard Europe as a model of sophistication and humanism, and thus a great potential check on rampant U.S. "cowboyism," Europe actually is a bit of a fever swamp. There's nothing new about this -- think of pre-World War II Europe. The re-emergence of European anti-semitism, though under-reported, is no secret either. In truth, though, Europe was essentially racist even during the golden age of the former Western Europe. And I'm talking about anti-black racism, not just anti-Semitism. In fact, the appointment of Condi Rice to replace Colin Powell made me recall a remark that a friend of mine who lived in Europe made more than 30 years ago. He said that it would be decades before the U.S. could appoint a black Secretary of State or Secretary of Defense because the Europeans wouldn't take one seriously. Come to think of it, where is England's Rice or France's Powell?

Anyone who follows European soccer knows about European racism. By the mid-1960s viciously racist crowd behavior was basically a thing of the past in the U.S sporting scene. But it was just getting started in Europe. Black players were routinely abused by English fans for at least two more decades. Unfortunately, Everton fans were considered among the worst, although at least they could be won over by good play. In the famous 1966 World Cup match between North Korea and a Portuguese team full of African players, the Everton crowd cheered the players off the field.

Overt racism finally has mostly been vanquished from the English game. However, blacks on the English national team often are the targets of terrible abuse when England plays on the continent. Yesterday, England played in Spain, a nation that surely is in the upper echelon of Euro-taste and sophistication. The blacks who played for England -- Ashley Cole, Shaun Wright-Phillips, and sub Jermaine Jenas -- faced a torrent of abuse throughout the match from the Madrid crowd, including chants of "monkey" and imitation monkey noises The same thing happened the day before when the England under 21 team played in Spain. One victim, Carlton Cole, complained that even little kids were joining in. Previously, the Spanish coach had made a racial slur about Thierry Henry, the French super-star who plays in England. And speaking of France, fans of the club St. Etienne physcially attacked opponent Bastia's black players after a match this weekend. Accounts of these disgraceful events can be found.

Edited by new002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 3:58pm

Ok, I read it.  Boring, and old news.

Your implied question about the picture in my sig:  I have that picture in my sig because it makes me laugh, and I like to share.

Was there anything else you wanted to know?

Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 4:01pm

Why does that make us not be Jesusland?  Did we not just make marriage safe from homosexuals in the name of Jesus?  Did we not just "vote our values" in the last election?  Did we not just unleash the most backward non-progressive bunch of evangelical apes since the dark ages upon ourselves?  By the way, those moral red states have a much higher rate of divorce that those evil blue one's do.  Bunch of hypocrites... 

MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 5:42pm

CK, I thnk your sig is funny and true. That's what we're becoming. And it's all because JFK, a democrat, fooled around with blacks rights and made the old confederacy angry. Now, since pretty much the entire south votes with them, they control the presidential office. The only way for a democrat to win is for them to be from a southern state. Check out the last few democratic presidents. Sothernors are mostly religious people along with most republicans. Welcome to Jesus land.

Edited by MROD
I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 6:36pm
How come no one ever picks on me?

/me jealous of CK mostly for his handsomely charming good looks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic