FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

YOU’RE NOT IN "JESUSLAND" ANYMORE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:27pm

I give up with you Clark. You told him how to stop, yet he doesn't and just keeps up with his "can't I post this" idea. Which is not what we're arguing about. Nothing more can be done.

new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:25pm

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Do you purposely not read his posts. He had answered what you have done wrong, read THE FIRST PART too. I think you might skip it so you do not have to admit what you're doing.

First, you need to stop referring to "leftists."  That's a good way to start.  I am not a "leftist," and adrenalinejunky is most certainly not a "leftist," as he has pointed out on several occasions.

That is true Dune; I am difficult to the lefties.  Perhaps even annoying and rude.

The bottom line is Clark asked me about the assignment. I gave it to him. Instead I got a rant.  If he wants to be helpful. Then create a demonstration on what he would have done differently from my posts.  So we can compare word for word.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:24pm
I give up.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:22pm
Do you purposely not read his posts. He had answered what you have done wrong, read THE FIRST PART too. I think you might skip it so you do not have to admit what you're doing.
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by new002 new002 wrote:

So tell me, how do I avoid upsetting the left people on this forum,

First, you need to stop referring to "leftists."  That's a good way to start.  I am not a "leftist," and adrenalinejunky is most certainly not a "leftist," as he has pointed out on several occasions.

You are not upsetting "leftists," you are upsetting everybody.  That is part of your problem.  Referring to everybody who doesn't jump on your bandwagon as a "leftist" makes everybody mad, whether they are leftist or not.  It is annoying and rude.

Second, you need to stop the crusade.  There is nothing wrong with the articles you posted.  Heck, I was about to post the 85 lashes story myself.  It is all about presentation.  There are two elements to this:

First, I haven't seen any other threads started by you that I can recall, and then suddenly there are 3 Islam-critical articles in a row.  That's not random.  That speaks of some intent on your part not to post interesting/hair-raising articles, but to specifically inform us of the evils of Islam.  That is annoying and rude.  I don't like when telemarketers interrupts my dinner, and I don't like when people start multi-thread political rants on my internet forum.  It would have been much better if you had started a single thread entitled "Islam is teh sux", and posted all the articles there.  You showed poor netiquette, and that is annoying and rude.  After a while, we had three threads going that were looking increasingly identical.  Definitely annoying and rude.

Second, this was aggravated by your commentary.  In two of the three cases you did not simply post the article, you highlighted sections or added clever headers designed to make your point about "Islam is teh sux."  This is not merely being informative, it is trying to make a point without coming out and saying it.  It took us until page 4 or 5 to get you to explain your actual point, which I was able to answer with a single word.  If you have a point, make it - insinuation by multi-posting is not a good way to make friends.  It is just annoying and rude.  By the time we got to the meat of the discussion you had already made everybody mad by your poor manners.

To bolster my point about how it is your behavior that is the problem, not the substance, I point you to the first responses in each of your threads.  There were several Islam-critical responses.  None of these posters were criticized for the substance of their response.  As junky, EJP, and others have pointed out on multiple occasions, we criticize Islam plenty around here.  Plenty.  That's not the point.  These other posters in your threads were not being annoying and rude.  THAT is the point.

To summarize:  1.  Your categorization of everybody as "leftist" is annoying and rude.  2.  If you were merely trying to point us toward some informative stories, you should simply have done so, without ulterior motives.  Your ulterior motives shone through strong, which made your multi-posting annoying and rude.  3.  If you were trying to make a political point, you should have just made the point, and made it in a single thread.  Your multi-post insinuations were annoying and rude.

To summarize the summary:  Annoying and rude.

What this comes down to is your assumptions.  Basically what I keep hearing from you. Is that I posted three separate threads in a close time span.  That makes me anti-islamic. 

http://www.tippmann.com/players/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp ?TID=118861&KW=new002

There is the fist post.  I copied word for word from the news article. What could possibly be offence?

Look at the other 2 stories.  On the last one, the title calls Terrorists names. I will not apologie for calling terrorists names.

Edited by new002
pballa j.r. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike1~Language. 12/04

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa j.r. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 2:54pm
I just want to know why he refers to himself (new02) in third person.
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 1:00pm
Drop it, Clark. Like I said before, Professional Troll. He can't seem to argue anything other than his right to post. I have yet to see him counter a single, sensible, on-topic post. Rather, he's helped de-rail his own threads into innane arguments over his right to repeatedly post critisisms of the islamic religion. I also can't recall him making the distiction between average, everyday muslims, and these extremists when it has been, both subtly and outrightly, pointed out to him.

He's here to pick a fight with you. Stop and he'll(hopefully) go away.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 10:30am

You are not upsetting "leftists," you are upsetting everybody.  That is part of your problem.  Referring to everybody who doesn't jump on your bandwagon as a "leftist" makes everybody mad, whether they are leftist or not.  It is annoying and rude.

Second, you need to stop the crusade.  There is nothing wrong with the articles you posted.  Heck, I was about to post the 85 lashes story myself.  It is all about presentation.  There are two elements to this:

First, I haven't seen any other threads started by you that I can recall, and then suddenly there are 3 Islam-critical articles in a row.  That's not random.  That speaks of some intent on your part not to post interesting/hair-raising articles, but to specifically inform us of the evils of Islam.  That is annoying and rude.  I don't like when telemarketers interrupts my dinner, and I don't like when people start multi-thread political rants on my internet forum.  It would have been much better if you had started a single thread entitled "Islam is teh sux", and posted all the articles there.  You showed poor netiquette, and that is annoying and rude.  After a while, we had three threads going that were looking increasingly identical.  Definitely annoying and rude.

Second, this was aggravated by your commentary.  In two of the three cases you did not simply post the article, you highlighted sections or added clever headers designed to make your point about "Islam is teh sux."  This is not merely being informative, it is trying to make a point without coming out and saying it.  It took us until page 4 or 5 to get you to explain your actual point, which I was able to answer with a single word.  If you have a point, make it - insinuation by multi-posting is not a good way to make friends.  It is just annoying and rude.  By the time we got to the meat of the discussion you had already made everybody mad by your poor manners.

To bolster my point about how it is your behavior that is the problem, not the substance, I point you to the first responses in each of your threads.  There were several Islam-critical responses.  None of these posters were criticized for the substance of their response.  As junky, EJP, and others have pointed out on multiple occasions, we criticize Islam plenty around here.  Plenty.  That's not the point.  These other posters in your threads were not being annoying and rude.  THAT is the point.

To summarize:  1.  Your categorization of everybody as "leftist" is annoying and rude.  2.  If you were merely trying to point us toward some informative stories, you should simply have done so, without ulterior motives.  Your ulterior motives shone through strong, which made your multi-posting annoying and rude.  3.  If you were trying to make a political point, you should have just made the point, and made it in a single thread.  Your multi-post insinuations were annoying and rude.

To summarize the summary:  Annoying and rude.

Edited by Clark Kent
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 8:49am

I do not understand the assignment.

Hi Clark.

Anyhow, like to say thanks for sticking it out. 

So here we are; listed below are the 3 titles to my (new002) posts that have caused some outrage on this forum.

Another Islam Critic Goes Into Hiding.

The first story discusses how an Islamic woman is being threatend with death, because she is questioning her own Clerics. She feels that the Clerics should be doing more to condemn extremist members.

What would be the most effective approach for this criticism when speaking with the left and not get called Prejudiced, an anti-Islamic, or racist.  Could you create a demonstration post?

14 years old, 85 lashes

This is a story in Iran; it is about how the young people there are brutalized.  If you follow Iran at all, many young Iranians seem to loathe the mullahs and corrupt and mismanaged rule.

I have seen numerous posts by young Iran‘s trying to get the word out about this repressive system. I posted this to give voice.  

So most effective approach to this story to the left in this forum and again not get called prejudiced & anti-Islamic.

Terrorist Goat violators slay female aid.

Finally, this is about the CARE worker.  This one hits close to home for me. As I have a female civilian school mate who has volunteered to do reconstruction work in Afghanistan.

She arrived there before the Afghan elections. I got a report about some kidnappings there a few weeks ago, fortuately she is safe.

Personally I think that any man who slays an aid worker should be called

worst names not appropriate for this forum.

Could you recreate this post so it would keep me as (new002) out of leftist crosshairs?

--- The catch is that, we need to post three separate threads, at nearly the same time.

Now, once I receive your examples, I would like to go to a different website, and see what type of reactions we get. I get to pick the site. ;)

Edited by new002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 5:03pm
I do not understand the assignment.
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 4:43pm

No.

Fair enough, I can respect that.

So take those three stories I posted and present them in a way you feel would be correct. 

I promise I will wrap this up shortly, if you do.

Edited by new002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 4:37pm
No.
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 3:53pm

OK, I will spill the beans, "The bottom line is that criticizing Christians is politically Correct, and were as criticizing Islam is not."

Don't worry - we had your beans figured out long ago.

And you are wrong.

What is troubling us about your posts (as has been pointed out already by many people) is your apparent crusade (so to speak) against Islam.  It is one thing to make a criticism - it is something else entirely to launch a coordinated multi-thread attack on Islam (or anything else).  If somebody had started three seperate threads for no other reason than to criticize Christianity, you had better believe people would have been upset.

In fact, I was just criticized last week for making a single thread mocking Southerners, of all things.

I don't know how to spell this out any more for you.  You are wrong, wrong, wrong.  The Christians, agnostics, and atheists are all telling you so.  If our resident Muslim were here, he'd tell you as well.

OK, Clark perhaps you’re right. Perhaps I have gone about this the wrong way. Better to figure this out here and now.

Could you set me straight on this thought?

Do you believe that leftist political correctness is inadvertently silencing the voices of Islamic fascist victims?  Be those victims Islamic people themselves or simply critics of Islam.  

(Just look at what we have here, many pages of disdain against the messenger, and the stories themselves are lost in the noise)

Edited by new002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 10:39am

OK, I will spill the beans, "The bottom line is that criticizing Christians is politically Correct, and were as criticizing Islam is not."

Don't worry - we had your beans figured out long ago.

And you are wrong.

As many people have told you many times:  Everybody gets criticized on this forum pretty consistently.  Muslims have been criticized on this forum by many people, much more harshly than what you have come up with.  That's OK.  It was always ok.

What is troubling us about your posts (as has been pointed out already by many people) is your apparent crusade (so to speak) against Islam.  It is one thing to make a criticism - it is something else entirely to launch a coordinated multi-thread attack on Islam (or anything else).  If somebody had started three seperate threads for no other reason than to criticize Christianity, you had better believe people would have been upset.

In fact, I was just criticized last week for making a single thread mocking Southerners, of all things.

I don't know how to spell this out any more for you.  You are wrong, wrong, wrong.  The Christians, agnostics, and atheists are all telling you so.  If our resident Muslim were here, he'd tell you as well.

new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 3:31am

Direct to all those who have called me Racist, in an Anti-Islamic Rage, prejudiced.  

Since when is it prejudicing to quote the news stories of mostly Islamic people who are hiding to protect their lives? That is people who may be too afraid or dead to tell the stories themselves? 

Edited by new002
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 3:30am

-

Edited by new002
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 3:06am
I never said it was. Your barking up the wrong tree....

new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 2:46am
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Eh.. We are all prejudice in some form or another. I wont eat any fresh fruit unless it is perfectly formed on the outside without any marks.

Since when is is prejudice to quote the news stories of mostly Islamic people who are hiding to protect thier lives?
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 2:16am
Eh.. We are all prejudice in some form or another. I wont eat any fresh fruit unless it is perfectly formed on the outside without any marks.

new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 2:13am

^^^ my bad, I ment prejudiced

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic