Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Suggestion!! (must read!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Dawrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Suggestion!! (must read!)
    Posted: 19 November 2004 at 7:39am

Suppose you are running in the woods.  Your speedloaders are making all of your ammo bounce around.  The enemy is alerted and you are shot...  If your speedloaders were spring loaded, there would have been no bouncing noises. 

A speedloader is a small cylinder that holds surplus amounts of ammo for quick reloading... Everyone knows that!  What if as the number of balls inside decreses, a spring pushes a platform up to hold them together without crushing them?  I know for a fact that prototypes have been made, but Tippmann should make these... Think about it!

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 2:12pm
Thats why the Qloader was invented and in current use already www.Qloader.com but nice try though.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
rkelley41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkelley41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 3:05pm
The problem normally isn't your pods (speedloaders), it is the paint in your hopper that is rattling around. The bad thing is that you can't really use spring technology to keep constant pressure on the paintballs in your hopper as there would be a good chance on getting broken balls in your hopper. The only possible way to remedy this is to go back to the old stick feeders (think 1986 time frame). That way, you use the old 10 round tubes to load the feeder, and have a spring cap at the end (ala the Henry lever action rifle(look it up)) with a follower.

Nice idea though.

BTW, welcome to the forums.
Model 98
Armson barrel
Flatline barrel
47psi/3k HPA
20oz CO2
Tippman expansion chamber
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea whatís inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 3:13pm

its always in my pods, never in my hopper... i dont have a Qloader

A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 5:23pm
i've heard of people adding foam to pods and hoppers.
Pyro-TFA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pyro-TFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 5:36pm
<----added anti static electronics foam to pod lids
Fallout_soldier View Drop Down
A-5 Speed Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fallout_soldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 9:11pm

Originally posted by rkelley41 rkelley41 wrote:

The problem normally isn't your pods (speedloaders), it is the paint in your hopper that is rattling around. The bad thing is that you can't really use spring technology to keep constant pressure on the paintballs in your hopper as there would be a good chance on getting broken balls in your hopper. The only possible way to remedy this is to go back to the old stick feeders (think 1986 time frame). That way, you use the old 10 round tubes to load the feeder, and have a spring cap at the end (ala the Henry lever action rifle(look it up)) with a follower.

Nice idea though.

BTW, welcome to the forums.

If you get close enought o worry about hopper raddel you wont need more than ten balls.

†††††† †† Canada
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=atomicbomb.wmv
reincarnation14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 9:17pm
yea its usualy ur hopper not ur pods and u can usualy put sime kind of mole skin in the hopper to stop it from makin sound, btw welcome to the forum
Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck
FAPM-Formers Againts Pope Mobile

The South WILL Rise Again
warwingsaw3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warwingsaw3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 3:25pm

there's a new ricoche (is that how you spell it?) hopper model out that = less sound in hopper.  I think its the sniper model.

Tippmann 98 Custom
Flatline
M98 SAW 249 SAW Stock (air)
Mil Sim T168 Reticle-
Intensified Tactical Scope
Tippmann Response Trigger
Halo B Rip
Tippmann Expansion Chamber
PMI Remote Line
Co2
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 3:42pm
XSV already has those, the pods i mean, they have to cushions at either end so that there is less noise, and you dont bust balls in your pod

Edited by usafpilot07
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
skaboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skaboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 5:27pm
Q loader is spring loaded
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 5:55pm

Or maybe you learn how to run without flopping everything around?

Plus, if you're trying to be stealthy RUNNING should not be part of what you're doing. You should be sneaking.

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 6:52pm

"Or maybe you learn how to run without flopping everything around?

Plus, if you're trying to be stealthy RUNNING should not be part of what you're doing. You should be sneaking"

LordJovian is right. If you're in the woods, there are more than likely going to be leaves and foliage on the ground, and you're not going to hear the balls over the leaves crunching. And you're balls won't rattle if you'd learn to keep your gun steady while running.

MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by LordJovian LordJovian wrote:

Or maybe you learn how to run without flopping everything around?

Plus, if you're trying to be stealthy RUNNING should not be part of what you're doing. You should be sneaking.

Exactly, if you are trying not to be heard you shouldn't be running, because if you are running they are going to hear you anyway, regardless of whether or not your paintballs are rattling in your pods.

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

i've heard of people adding foam to pods and hoppers.
There was a post a long time ago, and this guy put some saran wrap or something in the bottom of his pods for a "spring action" and we kind of turned it into a topic about all the things you could put into your pods.(such as food, money, ect.)
Sentinelz View Drop Down
Suicide By Mod.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentinelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2005 at 5:09am

I put sandwhiches in my pods then put em in the fridge.... more room I keep change in'em i hide pron in them so mom don't find it.... I keep all the people like that 'crimp' guy in it thats the VL ones that are super thick and hard to open with one hand I keep letters for jerseys in it and numbers too I keep phone numbers in some I have one full of those straws they give you at your school to drink milk with I keep paint in them sometimes I have one with a TV remote stuck in it and one with a remote stuck in it (thats not a repeat) andI have one full o pringles and one full of AJ (OJ=Orange Juice AJ=Apple Juice OJ also mean OJ Simpson) and thats it see... pods are good for many things

GhilleMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Language, 11/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhilleMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2005 at 12:18pm
their is a company that makes pod and hopper liners to stop rattling, old idea
Smart Parts, Stupid People... Go figure

Shoot To Thrill on stockclass, mcarter, and the dreadful pbn
Carter Mini Comp, Carter Tricar, PPS Blazer

hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 8:26pm

The only problem would be the balls flying everywhere when you open the lid.  That is if I understand you right.  You're saying to spring load the pods, right?

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 8:34pm
Way to bump a 7 month thread 

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Sentinelz View Drop Down
Suicide By Mod.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentinelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 10:47pm
Hahaha! I did not even notice this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic