FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

14 years old, 85 lashes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 3:08pm
I'm not confused. I'm just wondering as to why the influx of articles involving Islamic fundamentalists.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 3:22pm

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I'm not confused. I'm just wondering as to why the influx of articles involving Islamic fundamentalists.

Because they use their religion as a weapon instead of preaching peace.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Good point. However, all religions have their variations of fundamentalistic followers. Take the right wing christian KKK. They use their beliefs as a form of terror as well. Posting a couple of threads in the same day dealing with Islamic fundamentalism without approaching any other religions seems a bit tilted.

Not da pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Not da pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 4:43pm
hey i love rhamadon it gave me a long weakend

^Not me!^
whitehall! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehall! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 5:14pm

[/QUOTE]

Islam in its regular form is tolerant and peaceful. It is ISLAMIC FUNDAMENTALISM that is the extreemist sect of Islam that hates the western world.

Although i dont agree that the boy's punishment was right, it was part of his culture and there is little we can do to change it unless all western countries (most likely just the us) turn on anyone with a different religion than themselves.

People should learn about other cultures before making themselves sound like rednecks and stating that thier religion is the one true form. Youre a bigot and an idiot if you believe that only one form of religion can be the best.

Tippmann A5, Flatline, Combat stock, Remote line, 20oz co2.
Gonna get, Low pressure system, palmer stabilizer, HPA tank, E grip, and 16in jj ceramic
paintballer2584 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
-me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer2584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by travis75 travis75 wrote:

Why we should nuke the middle east
agreed
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 5:57pm
^^^No, not at all.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 6:02pm
Why it is their relegion, and i fully understand and respect that, it still sounds extremely harsh.  I think the punishment went way overboard, but what can you do.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Gold Member
Gold Member
-me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer2584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 6:19pm
were just know learning about there religon in school and did you know right in there bible (its not relly called the bible i just cant think of the name of it)it says kill anyone with white skin and you will forever live at my right hand
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 6:54pm

Originally posted by Glassjaw Glassjaw wrote:

Why it is their relegion, and i fully understand and respect that, it still sounds extremely harsh.  I think the punishment went way overboard, but what can you do.

Yep - to us that seems extremely harsh.  To the French, the death penalty is so harsh that they refuse to extradite murderers to the US.  It's all a matter of perspective...

Gold Member
Gold Member
-me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer2584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 7:11pm
what does you sig mean?^
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 7:38pm

^It means that Republicans are Jesus freaks.

The French don't like the death penalty? That's weird. I'm not saying it's not true but I thought their gov was set up against criminals unlike ours where the governemnt favors the criminals.

I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 7:42pm
Our government does not favor criminals simply because it is supposed to be "innocent until proven guilty." Prosecutors have the most discretion out of the courtroom workgroup and most of the time the odds are stacked against defendants.
B_Wet A-5 View Drop Down
im luvin my pecs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_Wet A-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 7:42pm
ya its safe to say he got owned, and in public his parents probably didnt care. o well, one less possible suicide bomber.
I need smallers sigs.
AVIATOR GANG
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 8:54am

Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Good point. However, all religions have their variations of fundamentalistic followers. Take the right wing christian KKK. They use their beliefs as a form of terror as well. Posting a couple of threads in the same day dealing with Islamic fundamentalism without approaching any other religions seems a bit tilted.

First off, this thread isn't about KKK and Christians, there are plenty posts criticizing Christians here and the KKK too. If you are looking for one then use the search.

Now, every other group gets a lot of abuse on this forum, but forum forbid if Islam gets some deserved criticism. I have to ask, are you suggesting that Islam should never be criticized?

Now to answer your other question, when the KKK does something nasty the people who do it get criticized for it and rightly so.   I never see the proverbial hand in the air, saying, “Islamic extremists do it too.”  

As you are post here, ask yourself, why you are doing this self imposed political correctness silliness.

Edited by new002
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 9:05am
Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Originally posted by munky! munky! wrote:

Originally posted by Trogdor2 Trogdor2 wrote:

Originally posted by munky! munky! wrote:

Originally posted by Trogdor2 Trogdor2 wrote:

That's why I like being a Christian...  You don't really have to do anything...

lutherans better, because you dont have to do anything at all!

You do know that Lutheran is just a form of Christianity, right? 
I go to a Presbiterian church, but I don't associate myself with any
form of Christianity.  I believe in God and worship him however I
want and however I feel fit.  Unlike some people, I don't go
around killing infadels to prove that I love my Lord because that
breaks a Commandment.  I pray whenever I want about anything I
want.  The thing about Christianity is that people need to be
smart to be part of it.  That's why I'm surprised that I'm in
it...  I'm probably one of the dumbest forumers...

...nice speach, but Lutheran is actully a spinoff of roman catholic...

Um, in case you forgot, Catholics and Christians BOTH believe in the same god. . .

yes...and lutheran is actually a form of protestant...not
catholicism...the religion formed by Martin Luther's
movements....remember...99 thesis...nice try to be a jerk there though
munky

No, not exactly, lutheranism is a spinoff of catholosism, basicaly catholisism ligh, martin luther was himself catholic, he was a trained catholic but had problems with many catholic practices, protestant isnt a type of religion per se, its more a discription, it describes any form of christianity that is not catholic, because people began to protest certain practices done by the catholic church, indulgences, excomunication, so on and so forth
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 9:21am
Ha, it's funny to see how quick you are to protect the criticism of christianity when you've posted three threads about the criticism of Islam. Islamic fundamentalists receive much harsher criticism in recent years that the KKK has gotten since the 1960's. What has been failed to be seen is the obvious bias in religions.

Edited by Dune
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 9:35am

Ha, it's funny to see how quick you are to protect the criticism of christianity when you've posted three threads about the criticism of Islam. Islamic fundamentalists receive much harsher criticism in recent years that the KKK has gotten since the 1960's. What has been failed to be seen is the obvious bias in religions.

He edited it faster then I could quote it.

A kid is whipped to death over religion and you think it’s funny. enough said.

What Dune never even bothered to read in the article is this part.  

---The townspeople where the boy lived were so outraged that they stormed the cemetery when he was scheduled to be buried, and the burial had to be deferred and carried out under guard.---

Even the Iranian town’s people are outraged at what happened to the kid, yet DUNE is still off on his personal tangent.

Edited by new002
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 9:36am
Wow, you missed the point on purpose.
new002 View Drop Down

mastr debator dood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 9:39am

Wow, you missed the point on purpose.

Now, every other group gets a lot of abuse on this forum, but forum forbid if Islam gets some deserved criticism. I have to ask, are you suggesting that Islam should never be criticized? 

Or does there have to be a disclaimer at the bottom, saying other religions do it too...

Edited by new002
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic