FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deer Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea whatís inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 3:50pm
^^ give? give me for maybe 400$
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
gumball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gumball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 3:51pm
give, steal, buy its all the same thing.
if it moves it becomes a target.

Tippmann A5
E-grip
smartparts all american

hpa fund: £12.50/150
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by jjclown23 jjclown23 wrote:

Whats it like to shoot animals? To see their eyes meet yours right before you press gently on your trigger which will send your animal friend down to the pits of hell or up to heaven? Does it excite you? Find joy some other way, i think it is wrong!

(Where can i buy a 2 guage shotgun? My neighbors  dog is barking to loud)

http://www.gunsamerica.com
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
gumball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gumball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 3:54pm

^^^ or you could just go there and save yourself 5 years in jail.

if it moves it becomes a target.

Tippmann A5
E-grip
smartparts all american

hpa fund: £12.50/150
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 4:03pm
Ummm...
Animals were put here for humans to kill and eat...
And there IS a degree of regret when you kill the animal; at least there is with me. However, that doesn't mean you don't hunt.
Hunting is NOT wrong. It is not, in fact, even bad for the animal population. Without hunters, animal populations would explode. All the animals would eat everything, and then the entire species would die out.
Hunters were the first and best conservationists.

All you who think hunting is as easy as just going out and shooting are just plain ignorant. Have you ever tried to sneak up on a deer? It's pretty difficult.
Heck, SITTING still enough so the deer doesn't see you is hard.
I'll be out in the woods 8 hours, and get one or two shots IF I'M LUCKY. It's not just running out and blasting a deer; it takes skill.
Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 4:18pm

I've been hunting for a long time, and only killed two deer, a 5 point and a doe.  But my uncle can hunt in the same 80 acres and kill an average of 4 a year and he's got an 8 point two years in a row (Alabama). 

I'm just cursed, I've missed lots of chances.  I've shot at 5 others, missed two, injured two and trailed them a very long time only to see the blood trail cease to exist, and hit another using FMJ 7.62x34 instead of SC 7.62x38, leaving a clean hole all the way through and no blood whatsoever, the deer probably survived.

I'm looking forward to changing that this year, season comes in this saturday, just in time for the iron bowl, and we have some monsters walking around.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Project Irene Project Irene wrote:

I've been hunting for a long time, and only killed two deer, a 5 point and a doe. 

And there, in a nutshell, is why I don't go deer-hunting.

:)

mutt98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutt98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by dye4dom420 dye4dom420 wrote:

11 point in the U.P. of Michigan.
good deer up there.  my friend got a 8 pointer.  delicious jerky
i was at a barbeque the other day and there was this chick. her hair was on fire. but she was all about herself. you know the type.
"help ME! put ME out!"
HondaXR View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Makes Foxworthy Look Like a Yankee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaXR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 5:50pm

Well Ive been hunting all of my life...Only killed a Doe but that was with a Bow. If I would have killed everyone of them I shot at and missed I would have atleast 7. My freind has killed 17 in 2 Seasons. Thats pretty good. Went and Sighted in the .270 sunday and its hitting dead on so im set. Ive killed numerous Coons, Squirrels, Doves and one Turkey over the years.

SL68II
Pro/Am
68 Carbine
Variable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Variable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 5:53pm
I got a 4 pointer last year, second year of deer hunting.  Got him with one shot to the heart (20 gauge Browning automatic), if only he hadn't been running...I may have realized how small of a rack it had.
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 6:02pm
I've taken down a few Squirrels with my pellet rifle...does that count?
gogged_86 View Drop Down
KY Test Subject

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogged_86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 6:51pm
all you anti hunters(jjclown, Ilovepaintball) can go hug a tree, you sit here and say we have no morals. trust me i have morals morals that apply to hunting include the following, i give the deer the right to die quick and painlessly, it dosn't suffer,and I never take more than I can use. i dont care what people say shooting deer is a sport, you try and out do everyone at the hunting camp in getting the biggest buck. the end result is MEAT, lots of it. the way i kill a deer is way less painless then the way that cow gets killed to feed you that sirloin steak, or hamburger.

oh yeah, back on subject, my biggest buck has been a 6 pointer(this season), and the last three years i have got 2 spikes, and a 3 pointer all from northern minnesota

Edited by gogged_86
Gogged_86
Rozzyman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Is now stuck with a boring title forever

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rozzyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 9:46pm

gogged_86, I like your point.

I have not pulled the trigger unless it was a kill shot and I do regret killing anything and question my self. I eat the meat and like it. It is not easy to get a deer, even when you have done it awhile. It isn't just being still and making no noise, it's determining wind and scent and playing that into the equation.

Oh and for all you snipers out there. Still hunting is not being a sniper, but moving with stealth and being still when need be. Sniper's are not the only silent predator.

"For all those that gave their lives - Freedom was the gift "
Slimz.357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slimz.357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 9:30am

I'm just cursed, I've missed lots of chances.  I've shot at 5 others, missed two, injured two and trailed them a very long time only to see the blood trail cease to exist, and hit another using FMJ 7.62x34 instead of SC 7.62x38, leaving a clean hole all the way through and no blood whatsoever, the deer probably survived.

You guys are so lucky - Rimfire/Centerfire hunting is illegal in Ohio

"If you make it idiot proof, they'll make a better idiot."
REQUIRED READING
HondaXR View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Makes Foxworthy Look Like a Yankee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaXR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Slimz.357 Slimz.357 wrote:

You guys are so lucky - Rimfire/Centerfire hunting is illegal in Ohio

Thats why we both live in the great state of Alabama!

SL68II
Pro/Am
68 Carbine
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 4:27pm
omg wild Turkey tastes so much better than farm raised.
P8ntblldude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8ntblldude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 4:32pm
Ive gotten 3 deer, a 6 Pointer, and 2 does, hunting in Wisconsin. Oh yah i shot them with my BAR 2 safari .270 with a boss tuned to perfection.
*Team Compulsive*

Sponsors
*Won-Ago-Biking*
*Curleys Waterfront*

Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I've only been hunting a few seasons myself, and I haven't gotten anything yet. I will admit though that I got buck fever and botched a shot on an 8 pointer 2 years ago.....it was embarrasing at the time, but it happens I guess.

My brother got a rather large doe last year, we ended up with 90 pounds of meat. He was using his Marlin 30/30.

I usually hunt with my sporterized M1903 30.06, but I think I'm giving a MkIII ENfield a whirl this year.

save thing happened to me. my dad said i was looking at the antlers when i thought i was looking at the body!! i hope i can get him this year. we've seen him around. i hope to get the little bugger during season. ive only hunted for a year. this will be my second year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic