FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marine kills unarmed man

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 3:22pm

Slothbutt covered it.

Dune still hasn't given me an answer.

jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 3:24pm
is this even about the marine killing an unarmed man anymore
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 3:33pm
Yep
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 3:38pm
You want what he could have done different? I don't know, not killed him. There's your answer. Like some others have said in this thread, he could have not killed him.
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

The Russians used gas earlier this year, in a school. But that was intended to be non-lethal gas. The deaths were unintended, and very unpopular at every level.

When you say "nerve gas," that means something else entirely - Sarin, mustard gas, that type of thing. AKA Weapon of Mass Destruction, of the exact type we were accusing Saddam of having/using.

Simply possessing such a weapon would violate all the treaties to which the US is a party - actually using it would completely void any moral ground the US could stand on - ever.

While viscerally satisfying to contemplate the "nuke'em/gas'em" tactical approach, such an action would completely undermine every single strategic goal we have.

What they need to do is just blare Pat Boone's "In a Metal Mood" album.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 3:57pm

Heh - the ol' "Panama Strategy"

:)

bomberpilot07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomberpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 5:08pm

i agree with every body against those  iraqis as soon as i turn 18 im gonna join the army so i can have a piece of those  .i am totally agaisnt the media they might as well be nazi terrorists. i think they should have peace but they have to stop kill americans tryin to help them. only 4 more years! dam i wish it would go by fast!!

Edited by bomberpilot07
"OBSESSED IS A WORD THE LAZY USE TO DESCRIBE THE DEDICATED"
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 5:57pm

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

You want what he could have done different? I don't know, not killed him. There's your answer. Like some others have said in this thread, he could have not killed him.

Yeah you already made that clear.

What I want to know is how you would have gone about not killing him? What would you suggest he should have done?

You keep saying how wrong it is, tell us how you would have made it right.

Fatman Lash View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Lash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Slothbutt Slothbutt wrote:

I try to put myself in the situation the marine was in..
You see he is faking he's dead, he makes no attempt to surrender, you don't know if the guy is holding on to a granade under his clothes. At that point I don't care what the media's gonna think, I wanna live and this terrorists would kill me and everyone else in the room in a second..

You are in a war zone. You don't have time to think about it..you can't hesitate or you might be coming home in a box.

It's easy to say handcuff him and pin him up with the rest of the prisoners while sitting at your computer..but when your there and your life is on the line it's shot first and let allah sort it out.

Yer the only one who has answered my question as to "what would you do in that Marine's situation"...

I say you go back and read all my posts then, cause Ive stated what I would do a couple of times.......

Click banner to see my marker
Fatman Lash View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Lash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Yeah you already made that clear.

What I want to know is how you would have gone about not killing him? What would you suggest he should have done?

You keep saying how wrong it is, tell us how you would have made it right.

yes, as I said, give us a full proof way to handle it without killing him

Click banner to see my marker
glooey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 7:08pm

the guys friend was killed the day before and he was shot i the face the al quadia hand book even says if you are injured fake dead and kill everyone that comes near you even a medic if he comes to help you. But we still need to be careful and sensitive  cuz now his family will want to kill US troops ....but i still am behind the marine completely         (even though Army is better) we need the dang press out of there now

Edited by glooey
USMA
untouchable555 View Drop Down
Strike 2, moronic filter dodge X 2 5/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote untouchable555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 7:52pm

He was right to shoot him

Tippmann 98c
20 ounce Co2 tank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic