Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Angel G7

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
[Mr. Smith] View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 06 June 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 698
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Mr. Smith] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 7:58pm

yeah, just out of preference, i dont like the wdp pants, like frogman said they are much too tight, where the other pants are alot baggier, my proto pants have ridiculous amonts of bounce, where my teamamte with the wdp pants rarely get any bounces on his legs with them on. Also my pants have lots more pockets and litle extra things then his. and he paid 80$ more then me. This to me just shows the better product is not always where the higher price is.

Proud owner of an ACE'd 2K3 matrix





Back to Top
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Joined: 29 August 2004
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 1760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by ScarFace22 ScarFace22 wrote:

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

What is a "reasonable" price, and who decides and why?

WDP clearly thinks their prices are reasonable (as do I).

Are you that desperate to make a point or are you really that dumb. Why the  would you pay $130 when you can get a good pair of tourney pants for $60 or $70? Thats a resonable price for pants and $50 is to me a resonable price for a new jersey. I can't see the logic in spending that much money in pants when you can get the same good quality pants for alot less.

Please tell me you are joking now...  You can't possibly be this dense.

Fact 1:  WDP charges $X for their pants.

Fact 2:  People (other than you) pay $X for their pants.

Conclusion:  WDP pants are not overpriced.  If WDP pants were overpriced, Fact 2 would not be the case.  By definition, overpriced items don't get bought.  If they get bought, they aren't overpriced.

Like I said, back to Econ 101 for you.

And as I said already its called hype. Its easy to see, especially in the sport of paintball that hyped up stuff gets bought because people are dumb enough to buy into that hype. Obvioulsly you are one of those people who are idiotic enough to buy into other companies hype and spend outragous amounts of money on something over priced. As I said before you can spend alot less and get the same good quality pants and jerseys. Its people like you that should just kill themsleves because the world would be a hell of a lot better with out people like you. I guess though we need people like you because if there were not people like you comapanies that con you like WDP would go out of busniess.


Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 9:02pm

Nope - I play in ancient leftover cammies.  Bought'em for $5 at the surplus store.

I don't do combat pajamas.  They all cost too much for my taste, not to mention that they look goofy.

You are still completely and utterly missing my point.  "Overpriced" means a couple of different things, depending on your perspective.

From a strict capitalist economic perspective, "overpriced" means something that is priced so high that it won't sell.  Since WDP pants sell, they clearly are not overpriced by this standard.

From a socialist perspective, "overpriced" means something that provides for more than a minimal profit for the seller.  WDP pants may be overpriced by this standard - hard to tell since we don't know WDP's financials.  Not that I care, since I am not a socialist.

From a whiny child's perspective, "overpriced" means something that costs more than the whiny child wants to pay.  WDP pants may very well be overpriced by this standard, depending on the whiny child.

So, unless you have anothe definition of overpriced in mind (please inform if this is the case), since you find WDP pants overpriced, you are either a socialist or a whiny child.  In neither case do I particularly value your opinion.

Back to Top
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Joined: 29 August 2004
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 1760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 9:11pm
Well freaking goody for you. I could easily pay for the over priced WDP pants ( obviously if I can afford a $1,300 paintball gun) but I choose not to piss money away on outragous prices when I can get the same good quality pants for alot less. Again for the millionth time (maybe this time you can get it through that miniscule brain of yours) its called HYPE. its overpriced like most of WDP's stuff but people buy it because they get conned into thinking its SOOOOO much better then the $70 pair of paintball pants.  

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 9:36pm

So, your definition of overpriced is "higher priced than other products of similar quality".  Fair enough.  That falls into the "whiny kid" category.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Back to Top
[Mr. Smith] View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 06 June 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 698
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Mr. Smith] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 10:31pm
let this thread die.
Proud owner of an ACE'd 2K3 matrix





Back to Top
reticule View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 October 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 219
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reticule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

You are still completely and utterly missing my point.  "Overpriced" means a couple of different things, depending on your perspective.

From a strict capitalist economic perspective, "overpriced" means something that is priced so high that it won't sell.  Since WDP pants sell, they clearly are not overpriced by this standard.

From a socialist perspective, "overpriced" means something that provides for more than a minimal profit for the seller.  WDP pants may be overpriced by this standard - hard to tell since we don't know WDP's financials.  Not that I care, since I am not a socialist.

From a whiny child's perspective, "overpriced" means something that costs more than the whiny child wants to pay.  WDP pants may very well be overpriced by this standard, depending on the whiny child.

So, unless you have anothe definition of overpriced in mind (please inform if this is the case), since you find WDP pants overpriced, you are either a socialist or a whiny child.  In neither case do I particularly value your opinion.



Clark Kent, I applaude your persistent attempts at educating this user, but my expectations of ScarFace22's willingness to learn rudimentary economics are very low.  Your efforts are in vain; very similar to talking to a brick.


'...in order to use that particular insult, it really helps if you spell it properly. Nothing quite spells out "irony" as well as calling somebody "retarted."' -Clark Kent on Tippmann forumer
Back to Top
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
No idea what’s inappropriate

Joined: 05 March 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1614
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 11:28pm
Who needs $$ pants when you can just use regular every-day brown pants?
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Back to Top
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Platinum Member in disguise

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6355
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by ScarFace22 ScarFace22 wrote:

Well freaking goody for you. I could easily pay for the over priced WDP pants ( obviously if I can afford a $1,300 paintball gun) but I choose not to piss money away on outragous prices when I can get the same good quality pants for alot less. Again for the millionth time (maybe this time you can get it through that miniscule brain of yours) its called HYPE. its overpriced like most of WDP's stuff but people buy it because they get conned into thinking its SOOOOO much better then the $70 pair of paintball pants.


So what makes your $1,300 gun better then some one elses $500 one?

And if all WDP's gear is hype, why havent I heard of it? Does preference mean anything?
Back to Top
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Joined: 29 August 2004
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 1760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 9:06am

What makes the $1,300 Alias paintball gun better then a $200 or $500 gun. Lets see the Alais is smaller, lighter, faster, more gas effiecient and all around better then a $500 Impy ot B2k.

Reticule, you obviously can't think for yourself and you rely on other peoples flaming to attempt to make your ego go up two points, please do everyone a favor and just go to a coner and play with yourself and while your at it take Clark with you he would like that kind of attention.


Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
Back to Top
Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Joined: 21 January 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3569
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 12:09pm

I tried to read some of this, I made it to page 3 and couldn't deal any more...

The G7 is STILL a prototype... not a single one of you has shot one, but you all have opinions on it being worse/better than some of the existing high end markers available now.

The $1700 price tag is not set in stone, why would it be?   They aren't out yet.   However, I would expect a realistic MSRP to be in the neighborhood of $12-1300.   A new DM4 is $1100, DM5 $1300 and a Proto $1000.   Timmies are $1400 for the A-Bomb, etc...   They will compet with those markers and I expect a price point in the smae range.

Marker speed is relative to many factors: user's finger speed, electronics (bounce, ramp, dwell, eye, etc...), live or simulate, hopper.   Why argue?   The 4.12356 balls that you put into the air in a fraction of a second compared to the 4.0164 balls I put in the air in the same time relate to... nothing!!!  

As for my opinions on the marker, I had some observations.   The marker is set up for a lefty.   The display is on the right side of the gun, not a big deal, but for dominant "righties" like me, it could be an issue.

I also have concerns about the Membrane pads on the front of the inline foregrip.   80% of the time I get hit it is in the foregrip/knuckles.   Not a great idea there.   Which brings me to the foregrip itself... no options for upgrades here.   There seems to be no way to swap out the inline for well, anything.

Other than that, I can't have any more of an opinion until I get some trigger (with paint... simulation is pretty dumb) time.

"Thats right, I play pump... your girlfriend borrowed my last set of batteries."
"How many times a second are you going to miss me before I shoot you?"
Dave Ellis Rocks!!!
Back to Top
MuRdoc18 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
aka ALWAYSRIGHT

Joined: 17 March 2004
Location: Togo
Status: Offline
Points: 1256
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuRdoc18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 12:12pm
I think paintball guns shoot fast sometimes?

Member of Forumer Against Most Forumers.
Back to Top
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Joined: 29 August 2004
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 1760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 12:34pm
Thank you Rico someone actually has some common sense and real logic here on this place. Of all the BS thrown around your post probably makes the most sense so far.

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
Back to Top
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 July 2003
Location: Croatia
Status: Offline
Points: 5898
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 2:57pm
Jesus christ scarface, if anyone has to die, it is you. You say WDP's gear is way too hyped, where is the hype!? Intimidators are most deffinately one of the most hyped up gun out right now, for a few reasons. 1. Crap quality, it is well known, but no one seems to care because the pros dont care. Maybe the pros dont care because they get them for REALLY cheap! 2. Pros use them, EVERYONE uses them. Pros dont use them cause they like them, they use them to get paid, for endorsing them. People see pros using them and go, "hmm, why shouldnt i use one too?" That right there is hype.

Plus, dont thank rico for having common sence, like you have been doing this whole time, when you yourself are posting with no basis. 95% of what you post is crap ("Dont get a cocker", "This gun sucks", "that gun sucks", "everything sucks except for what i am currently shooting", etc...) so please just leave. I think this is like the 850th time that someone has told you to leave.

About the angel:
-WDP's regs have always been the minireg thing, which you couldnt replace. This isnt a new issue.
-They should have put the membrane pad on the back of the forgrip, preventing hits.
-The body looks good, nice an light, also has a nice flow to it.
-The LCD is on the left of the frame, looks like a logo with an LED behind it on the right.

I want to test it out.

Edited by NiQ-Toto
///AMG What?
Back to Top
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
No idea what’s inappropriate

Joined: 05 March 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1614
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:03pm
The paint i use is 1 year old lol
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Back to Top
Bonitin View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 12 September 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 14
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonitin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 11:58pm
Wow...
Back to Top
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Joined: 31 July 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 4185
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 12:54am
let this thread die. im not even going to read all those posts.
<1 meg sig = bad>
Back to Top
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Joined: 29 August 2004
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 1760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 10:30am

Originally posted by NiQ-Toto NiQ-Toto wrote:

Jesus christ scarface, if anyone has to die, it is you. You say WDP's gear is way too hyped, where is the hype!?

The Hype is everywhere just take a look around, but we know you won't because your to ignorant to ever find the truth. People make the Angel out to be the be all end all gun but they're not. Matrixs, Timmys and other high-end guns are just as good and sometimes better then Angels.

Originally posted by NiQ-Toto NiQ-Toto wrote:

Intimidators are most deffinately one of the most hyped up gun out right now, for a few reasons. 1. Crap quality, it is well known, but no one seems to care because the pros dont care. Maybe the pros dont care because they get them for REALLY cheap! 2. Pros use them, EVERYONE uses them. Pros dont use them cause they like them, they use them to get paid, for endorsing them. People see pros using them and go, "hmm, why shouldnt i use one too?" That right there is hype.

Maybe people don't complain about the "bad quality" because its not there or its only a few cry babies who got a reject and decide that all Timmys are bad. I think people get Timmies for the fact that they're good qaulity, very fast guns. To me it seems like your own ignorance and bias ideas are keeping you in the dark. I would also like to know how Timmys are "hyped up" they do everything they are advertised to do. They are light, they are fast, they are durable, they are good high end guns. If you can't face that and admit that they good guns then thats your problem. So do everyone a favor and go to a corner and go play with yourself.



Originally posted by NiQ-Toto NiQ-Toto wrote:

Plus, dont thank rico for having common sence, like you have been doing this whole time, when you yourself are posting with no basis. 95% of what you post is crap ("Dont get a cocker", "This gun sucks", "that gun sucks", "everything sucks except for what i am currently shooting", etc...) so please just leave. I think this is like the 850th time that someone has told you to leave.

Im not posting with enough proof well like I have said already I say what I do here from first hand experiences. Again it is your own ignorance, stupidity and bias ideas that are preventig you from ever learning the truth about guns that are really trash but you won't admit that.

Also the last part of that is compleatly and dead wrong.

Good guns (including ones that I have never owned)

Timmys

B2k's

Matrixs

Cyborgs

RT Mags

Shockers (Dyansty and the old 4X4's)

Guns I hate because they are trash and people like Niq are to ignorant to admit it

Autocockers

Angels

Pimps

Impys

Also No I will never leave because I know I'm right. I know from first hand experinece that neither the Angel or the Auto cocker are good guns. they are all over rated trashy guns. If you have such a problem with me being here you can do one thing that will help everyone here.

Leave

Kill yourself

Go play with yourslef in a cornor and leave everyone in here alone.


Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
Back to Top
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Took down Mike Tyson

Joined: 13 July 2004
Location: Philly
Status: Offline
Points: 6454
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 11:28am
Originally posted by NiQ-Toto NiQ-Toto wrote:

Jesus christ scarface, if anyone has to die, it is you. You say WDP's gear is way too hyped, where is the hype!? Intimidators are most deffinately one of the most hyped up gun out right now, for a few reasons. 1. Crap quality, it is well known, but no one seems to care because the pros dont care. Maybe the pros dont care because they get them for REALLY cheap! 2. Pros use them, EVERYONE uses them. Pros dont use them cause they like them, they use them to get paid, for endorsing them. People see pros using them and go, "hmm, why shouldnt i use one too?" That right there is hype.

Plus, dont thank rico for having common sence, like you have been doing this whole time, when you yourself are posting with no basis. 95% of what you post is crap ("Dont get a cocker", "This gun sucks", "that gun sucks", "everything sucks except for what i am currently shooting", etc...) so please just leave. I think this is like the 850th time that someone has told you to leave.

About the angel:
-WDP's regs have always been the minireg thing, which you couldnt replace. This isnt a new issue.
-They should have put the membrane pad on the back of the forgrip, preventing hits.
-The body looks good, nice an light, also has a nice flow to it.
-The LCD is on the left of the frame, looks like a logo with an LED behind it on the right.

I want to test it out.



You can't interchange regulators on the angel?  Second stage that is including the tank. 

Please everybody, listen up.  "Good" and "Hype" are opinions.  They are going to differ from one man to the next.  Your not going to change one man's stubburn opinion on something, although i am enjoying this debate in which i side with everyone else BUT scarface.


Edited by Glassjaw
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.156 seconds.