FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halo 2 Let down...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halo 2 Let down...
    Posted: 11 November 2004 at 1:42pm
I just beat the game last night, or was it this morning? I dont remember. All I know it is a complete let down mission wise. No ATV, not enough levels on Earth. Playing as an Elite, cool at first, then dumb. Its definetly not what I expected. The plot to me seems very similar to the first Halo. Anyone else agree? Looks like there is going to be a 3rd Halo, where you will be going to another ring... and hopefully the 3rd will be most playing on Earth. I thought it was a complete let down. Thoughts welcome
Semper Fi

EDIT: Multiplayer is simpily amazing. I love it. I hooked up 2 Xbox's last night and played with 7 other people including myself. A lot of fun and pretty intense at times. That wasnt a let down in my opinion.

Edited by Kristofer
dye4dom420 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Smells like cat food

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dye4dom420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 1:49pm
I think they made this one more for the multiplayer anyways. A lot of people I know just buy it to play with their friends, instead of playing the actual campaign.
Ilovepaintball1 View Drop Down
Guested. Trouble maker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by dye4dom420 dye4dom420 wrote:

I think they made this one more for the multiplayer anyways.

I think thhey campaign is alright.  It is a lot like the other one but it is still fun.  Its harder than the first one though.  Playing as the elite was fun for the first couple times but then it got old.

Props to my Dogg BLAND
MuRdoc18 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
aka ALWAYSRIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuRdoc18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 2:15pm
I could have told you that. Lets see how big the hype gets for the 3rd one. I love how all these little kids skip school to play the game and they beat it in a day. IMO a game that can be beaten in a day, is not worth 50 bucks. 

Member of Forumer Against Most Forumers.
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 2:19pm
The coolest thing about the first Halo was if you have a modded XBOX and you used a trainer you could bump into any enemy and become them, almost like it was made for it, being a Hunter was quite awesome.

Apparently this works on PC as well ifyou put the cheat in the shortcuts path.

Of course there will be a 3rd, as long as MS can milk money off Halo they're definitely going to do it.

Edited by Solipsism
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 2:36pm
I must agree in a sense i would of prefferd not playin as the elite in multi just as master chief and it being only on earth i was really looking forward to that but i was pleased with the campaing mode beat it last night even if the campaign mode isent to great multi player alone is worth 50 bucks and some

VTpaintballer View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 2:41pm
someone topld me it kicked a55
chronzak View Drop Down
Guested - Troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronzak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 2:52pm
ya it was a complete let down, and the whole time i was thinkin why the hell wasnt i on earth but now im back in the ring that i thought was blown up last time with the flood, which havent changed at all. the covenant missions confused the crap out of me, havent beaten the campiagn yet but so far its been crap, are there any earth missions towards the end of the game?
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 3:08pm
if you paid attention you would of heard its a dif ring not the 1 that was blown up...

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 3:14pm
xteam02001 View Drop Down

Good Job On Getting Yourself Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xteam02001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 3:17pm
i dont know why people think the game is a let down. look at it. every aspect of the game has changed for the better. The campaign mode is much better. instead of going right in there and shooting aliens you have to think about what you are going to do. strategy is the key to everything, including multiplayer. the only reason people didnt like playing as an elite is beacuse it was a lot harder then the master chief missions. You kept on dying and it got anoying. the whole point of the thing is to be hard. the flood are really hard to kill now. the little tiny parasite form of the flodd can kill you. let like 6 pop on you and you're dead. there may be small things that you didnt like but that little thing doesnt ruin the whole game for you does it? think about it.

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 3:23pm
I did notice that some things they said would be in there were not like the ATV, as you mentioned, the ability to do that peek around wall and shoot thing, fully destructable environments (the th objects can blow up but the cliffs cant be destroyed and the ennemies never use the destuctable environments against you. Also, i did see the story as a let down. Also, that trailer that everybody saw: It doesn't happen like that at all.
I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea whatís inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 3:26pm

I must be crazy, but i have never played Halo, or  in retrospect, any X-box games.  I think you should all sell your games and upgrade your p-ball guns so u can stop asking "how did you get all that money" or "i wish i had more money". 

Edited by jjclown23
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by MROD MROD wrote:

Also, that trailer that everybody saw: It doesn't happen like that at all.

Which trailer, and how so?
PB MISFIT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Salty Marshmellow Man #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PB MISFIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 3:32pm
Halo=Over-rated.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by PB MISFIT PB MISFIT wrote:

Halo=Over-rated.

captain old-news everybody!
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 3:36pm

Halo=Over-rated.

i agree..... to me it sorta looks like the new killzone
PB MISFIT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Salty Marshmellow Man #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PB MISFIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Halo=Over-rated.

captain old-news everybody!

Thats me.
FoolProofSam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FoolProofSam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 4:05pm

Originally posted by Dan db09 Dan db09 wrote:

Halo=Over-rated.

i agree..... to me it sorta looks like the new killzone

How is Kill Zone?

HELL IS ICE
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 4:15pm
I hate how everyone is putting the game down. Its a good game. I'm loving it. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic