Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halo 2 Let down...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 4:22pm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by MROD MROD wrote:

Also, that trailer that everybody saw: It doesn't happen like that at all.

Which trailer, and how so?

The one where Cortana tells Earth that reinforcemnts are on the spoke. She means Master Cheif, and when they show up Earth is already being attacked.

I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
Bauerp0weR 18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bauerp0weR 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 4:19pm

I think its alright... not as great as what people were expecting in some aspects, but thats rumors for you.

The new graphics are stunning, and the customizing and options for multiplayer are definately a plus.  However, I think they took the skill out of it with the dual wielding now, all I see now is who ever can spray faster wins.  In the first game, there were a lot more combos and such you could do to kill off an enemy.

The clubs and nades don't do all that much anymore, which I see as a disappointment.  I thought the point of Halo 2 was covenant invading earth?  Not sure what happened there.

Playing as the Arbitor is alright, but the levels get really dark at times which kinda kills the fun aspect because you can't even see where you're going.  MC's flashlight fizzes out after a few seconds unless absolutely needed instead of having the recharging battery for it, which I thought was annoying.

The multiplayer maps are confusing, some have random pits that seem to welcome my presence all too often.  My favorite map I think is Zanzibar.  That one seems to take the most strategy and teamwork.

Black Smart Parts Ion
Halo B
Check-It Unimount
macroline
68/45 Pure Energy tank
paintballer2584 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
-me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer2584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by PB MISFIT PB MISFIT wrote:

Halo=Over-rated.

captain old-news everybody!
nforcer4 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

BANNED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nforcer4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 4:13pm
Halo 2 is definetyly not finished there will be levels to download there might be an ATV in the game, ever hear of easter eggs, your stupid for video games if you don't know what an easter egg is halo had tons. Plus the ATV could be a download. I think the game was worth the money, I did beat it in two days on easy so what it's on easy it's supposed to be easy. Don't just follow roads second level i was hopping the buildings makeing my own ways. I loved playing as an elite cause it did give it another story and see it from the covenets eyes and you would gets the story even better if you read the books expessily halo the flood because it puts more into the story so you get halo two like why that Elite getting punished at the start in the book he's always doing covert operations to get the mc but fails and lets him destroy the ring so on and so on.
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 4:04pm
I like how it is a lot harder. I did beat it on easy just to see how the game was done. I'll possibly play missions later on, I just didnt expect to have to go to another ring. Whats the point? You blew one up, that said it could destory the galaxy or whatever, why need like 7 of them? I think the first one was made for playing, now its made to milk off of. The multiplayer is easily the best aspect of the game. Also, I didnt camp out in a store to get it, I just went to best buy the day it came out, after school, and there were like hundreds of copies, I had no problem getting a copy. And there is no earth levels remaining once you leave earth in the 3rd level.
Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 3:53pm
/\ Me too. But I think that's all they do. My AI teamates were driving a warthoh once and they ran into a box with an elite behind it. That's pretty good enviromental usage if you ask me.
ItalianoGuy04 View Drop Down
Strike 1, lewd questions, 2/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItalianoGuy04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 2:34pm

Originally posted by MROD MROD wrote:

I did notice that some things they said would be in there were not like the ATV, as you mentioned, the ability to do that peek around wall and shoot thing, fully destructable environments (the th objects can blow up but the cliffs cant be destroyed and the ennemies never use the destuctable environments against you. Also, i did see the story as a let down. Also, that trailer that everybody saw: It doesn't happen like that at all.

not true... a brute shrew a box at me..

Supe'd up Spyda Victor, don't like it, don't care
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 12:45pm

Whites Return,

If you are linking two Xboxes together, you will need a Crossover CAT-5 Ethernet cable. Otherwise, you can use a standard patch variety.

reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 12:41pm
Legendary? I'm working on Heroic.

MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by White's Return White's Return wrote:

Originally posted by MuRdoc18 MuRdoc18 wrote:

I could have
told you that. Lets see how big the hype gets for the 3rd one. I
love how all these little kids skip school to play the game and
they beat it in a day. IMO a game that can be beaten in a day, is
not worth 50 bucks. 

omg. the only reason ppl beat it in a day is because theyre to
wimp to play it on legendary. and MR. ALWAYS RIGHT lmk
this, since your of course always right, i wanna know if you can
use any CAT-5 Ethernet Cable to System Link

I agree. The only way you should be able to say, "I've beaten
the game" is when youve beaten it on Legendary. Everyone
sais its to easy because there playing it on **edited**ing easy. Try
legendary people.

White's Return View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filter dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White's Return Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 12:22pm

Originally posted by MuRdoc18 MuRdoc18 wrote:

I could have told you that. Lets see how big the hype gets for the 3rd one. I love how all these little kids skip school to play the game and they beat it in a day. IMO a game that can be beaten in a day, is not worth 50 bucks. 

omg. the only reason ppl beat it in a day is because theyre to wimp to play it on legendary. and MR. ALWAYS RIGHT lmk this, since your of course always right, i wanna know if you can use any CAT-5 Ethernet Cable to System Link

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Hyper Hyper wrote:

Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Meh, the campaign is okay I guess. I REALLY hate the stupid matchmaking thingy on Xbox Live. It is not fun being put into a game where you have no idea what type it is, map, etc. Is there any way to start a server/game and have anyone join? Not just Clan/party members? Or join a game and know what you are getting in to? If there is no way to do that, who ever designed it should be beaten with a stick.

To sum it up, I want to join a game on Ascension, Assault mode with Brute Shots only. How do I do that?

Try hosting your own game?!?!!

I tried, "Custom Game" it's called. But the only people that can join are clan members or friends.

And, if you read my post thoroughly, it said "how do I host a game and have anyone join?"

So, what kind of an answer is "Try hosting your own game?!?!!"

TheLastSpartan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLastSpartan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 10:19am

I've only played the first three levels and I agree with you already. The storyline is boring, I just can't get into it!

The mulitplayer and online modes are awesome as hell! Its hands down the best game ever for this reason! Just consider the campaign mode as training for multiplayer, that's what I do.

A-5
7.5" Bigshot
Lapco Flash Supressor
SpecOps Foregrip
Lapco Offset
Lapco Bottomline
Hogue Handall Grip
Polished Internals
Maddmann Spring Kit
R5
Remote Line
3-point Tactical Sling
meteora View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meteora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 10:13am
there are going to be 7 halos total, dont believe me? oh well, itll
happen

GUN WHORE
XTC
Hyper View Drop Down
I feel fresh...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 8:52am
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Meh, the campaign is okay I guess. I REALLY hate the stupid matchmaking thingy on Xbox Live. It is not fun being put into a game where you have no idea what type it is, map, etc. Is there any way to start a server/game and have anyone join? Not just Clan/party members? Or join a game and know what you are getting in to? If there is no way to do that, who ever designed it should be beaten with a stick.

To sum it up, I want to join a game on Ascension, Assault mode with Brute Shots only. How do I do that?

Try hosting your own game?!?!!
Vitamin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vitamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 7:00am
Who could have ever seen this coming?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2004 at 12:49am

impulse View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 3- prejiduce/hate thread.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 10:50pm
I played the game yesterday. I thought it sucked. Not worth $50.
6,600 posts. I need a lifE
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 10:48pm
Kind of easy, and I was playing in normal, I guess I will have to hook up xbox live sometime soon.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
rootsradicals View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootsradicals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 10:26pm
that screenshots from like a character designer....not quite to detail....but a minigun would have kick ass
WWBDD?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic