Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$$$$

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
98owner View Drop Down
Basically asked to be Guested.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $$$$
    Posted: 06 November 2004 at 10:25pm
why is paintball so expensive.
if u watch blue collar tv 24-7
u might be a redneck.
-Hell yeah thats me   
Ariakon_Eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariakon_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2004 at 10:44pm
Because this is the only sport that you need to buy supplies every single time you play(such as paint) and the is a lot of equipment, and the main peice of equipment is totally metal and has a lot of high tech parts in it(sometimes) so therefore it going to cost you a lot more then any other sport. Once more people get into it and becomes one of the top sports the prices will lower. And since there is a new paintball game, and show I think we will see a great deal of new players soon, and prices might go down(how far down....no idea, could just be a little, could be a lot)
You call the Eagle, Eagle does the rest.
5ptcontingency View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5ptcontingency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2004 at 10:45pm
Because:

1. People are willing to pay to play it.
2. Energy, materials, and employees cost money. Manufacturing paintballs, guns, and parts requires all of these.
3. Companies love huge profit margins.
4. At fields, I would imagine the cost of insurance is a major factor in fees and prices of merchandise.
MiKePuNk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiKePuNk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2004 at 10:56pm

ya...i hate going to feilds and paying for there paint...i find it rare to find a feild that allows to bring your own paint..ya ya i know they need to make a profit..but buying paint in bulk for 35 and then sellling it for 70 a case is just stupid..but once you have a good equipment thatll last a long time ur pretty much set besides paint

im so glad this guy at my school made a really good feild on his land

pezman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2004 at 11:43pm
If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, play pump. It is MUCH cheaper.
Happy hunting.
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 12:45am
Originally posted by 98owner 98owner wrote:

because you totch yourself at night
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

sk8r4life432 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Am I bad?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk8r4life432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 3:10am
Originally posted by 5ptcontingency 5ptcontingency wrote:

Because:

1. People are willing to pay to play it.

2. Energy, materials, and employees cost money. Manufacturing paintballs, guns, and parts requires all of these.

3. Companies love huge profit margins.
4. At fields, I would imagine the cost of insurance is a major factor in fees and prices of merchandise.

beat me to it.
NOUS DE`FIOUS
ODERINT DUM METUANT
spyderjunke View Drop Down
You heard me: Spyder = junke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyderjunke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 7:37am

it is ;like that for many reasons

1 people need money and stores sell it so high because they need to pay bills the company and thier employees thiers alot involed in the reselling of paintballs am gear

I rock to my own beat
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 7:49am
Originally posted by 636andy636 636andy636 wrote:

and you  are gold?
MiKePuNk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiKePuNk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 9:27am
i think the whole paintball feild scene should be a proshop whree the main profits are to be made..and then a feild right next to it so there customers can use there products there...so the feild brings em in and they spend there money at the proshop
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 10:18am
Oh well, once you buy a good marker you rarley think about the prices, if you play atleast 50 times, with a Marker you bought I think they buy themselves, also you meet new people, Have more fun then you would ever get playing a Video Game, and the Adrenaline Rush Gives you a better high then Speed/Meth will ever give...
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Smitty Smitty wrote:

and you† are gold?

YUP!
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 5:01pm
want an expensve pastime, play hockey it rivals paintball in expense, especially since you rarely can use equip[ment for more than a season when you are growing
Pimpsta98c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pimpsta98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 5:03pm

you think of that......QUERE
Matrix
Hyper 2 reg
Proto barrel and grips
Tadao M5
WGP uni
CCM Feedneck
MichiganBroker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichiganBroker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 8:41pm

Just the other side of the coin...this sport is CHEAPPPPPPPPP!!!!! Try scuba....now your talking big bucks!!!

Tippmann A-5
A-5 Flatline
E-Grip
32Deg Remote Trigger

Tippmann 98 Custom
Tippman Double trigger
Smartparts Progressive 16' barrel

"Objects in your goggles are closer then they appear"
Kevin Z View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 11:13pm

Paintball is cheap.   Lets compare
Paintballs are 50 dollars for 2000
I know some are more some are less, but that's a good average.

Paintballs = 2.5 cents each

Guns. Well, I have a 35 dollar shotgun, all the way up to a 1200 dollar shotgun. 6 dollars for 20 rounds. plus, 5 bucks for each round of trap.

Shotgun, 30 cents each

Not to mention my 450 Marlin, around 600 dollars, the shells are around 25 dollars per 20 rounds.

450 Marlin (a modern 45-70)= 1.25 each

My 45 pistol I have one worth about 500 and one worth about 1000. The ammo I reload myself, but, were still talking about 5 dollars for 50 rounds.

45 ACP = 10 cents each

22, is about 15 dollars for 500 rounds, the cheapest of all, but even still more expensive than paintballs. A cheap one is about 130 dollars, a good cheap one is about 180, and a really nice 22 is not much more than 400. Very similar in price to most paintball markers.

22 rimfire = 3 cents each.

I have about a grand into my computer,

Now lets look at stuff I can't afford,

Four wheelers    about 6000 dollars each

Boats About 20,000 each

Airplanes, about 100,000 each

Now, wanna talk cheap hobbies

About 400 dollars worth of gear......
50 bucks for 2000 paintballs
10 bucks at the Shop for CO2
All afternoon playing with friends and family = priceless
United States Marine Corps....   When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight!

Just say NO to junk mods
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 2:59am
Ha. Paintball expensive? Do some research on prices in the 80's. You'll cry in gratitude that you don't have to pay those prices.

That notwithstanding...

Complicated machinery + inherently disposable equipment + safety gear + admissions > Basketball/Soccer/Football/etc.

Edited by AdmiralSenn
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 10:36am
Originally posted by MiKePuNk MiKePuNk wrote:

ya...i hate going to feilds and paying for there paint...i find it rare to find a feild that allows to bring your own paint..ya ya i know they need to make a profit..but buying paint in bulk for 35 and then sellling it for 70 a case is just stupid..but once you have a good equipment thatll last a long time ur pretty much set besides paint

im so glad this guy at my school made a really good feild on his land

You may find it stupid but what would your rather NOT have the field?  That field owner is there to make money.  That's why he started it.  You go out, work for 20 hours on your weekend for free and see how long you want to do it for.  Why should it be any different for him.  Worse yet, how about you go out there and PAY someone for you to work 20 hours on a weekend? 

Field owners charge such high prices for paint then make their field a "Field Paint Only" venture because the money they charge you for coming out and playing doesn't cover the bills.  They probably have rent/lease/mortgage on the land you're playing on.  Then they have the insurance bills.  Usually the field crew doesn't work for free so there are those bills too plus any taxes he may have (granted the refs usually work for free but not always).  Then you have the money that goes into the rental markers to keep them working not to mention their original purchase price that he has to earn back.  Throw in any utilites such as water, trash, electricity, even port-a-potty upkeep (someone's got to empty the sucker plus they are usually a rental item unless the field owner bought them outright).  And let's not forget that in order to keep up with other fields in your area they have to put money back into the field to improve upon it.  Also, all the bunkers, netting, obsticals in your field had to be put there as well.  What about the hours he may have put in to dig trenches (or did you think they were just already there?).  If you live somewhere that has seasons (In So Cal the difference between Winter and Summer is 30 degrees and you may get rain in winter.) where snow may close down your field for a number of months that owner STILL has to pay all those bills while he is getting no money coming in.  The rent/lease/mortgage, utilities, port-a-potty, et all still must be paid regardless of it is being used or not.  Plus he may need to spend money to make repairs to the field after the thaw.

So next time you want to talk about having to use field paint, just remember that field doesn't HAVE to be there.  Now, since you have your own field that's cool...but what happens when that goes away and your local field has closed because of lack of interest?  Something to think about.

Someone mentioned prices in the 80s:

Stock Class Pump $130-$400 (Can't remember what a basic Semi was going for but imagine paying about $400 for a marker that isn't quite as nice as a Spyder.).

CO2...12 Grams mostly.  About a buck a cargridge.  (I can fill a 20 oz today for 2 bucks)

Paint...CHEAP paint...like really bad paint...$80 per case.  Thank god we played pump.

New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 12:29pm

Kevin you think those shotgun loads are expensive, have you ever used the solid copper sabots? Man Those are like 1.50-2.00 a shot. But man they are accurate and with the rifled barrel mossberg I own I could take down a dear at 100yds with the sabot.

Anyways, I didnt think I spent enough on paintball.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic