Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new cocker = blender

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new cocker = blender
    Posted: 05 November 2004 at 5:12pm
okay, so right out of the box my wgp 2k3 cocker is a blender.. when i put paint through it, and exceed like 6 bps, it chops... i'm using a revvy, and i'm not shortstroking.. also, i watched that timing video, and read about a dozen guides, and i'm confident that it is timed properly.... any ideas?
tipper13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipper13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 5:19pm
i would say shortstrokin, i do it all the time
my setup
98c-
all-american-
R-T-
2x trigg-
GTA x-chamber-
rico 2k
and evo2
polished internals
dead on drop
114 4500 max flo
2k3 vert. cocker
black magic barrel, reg and bolt
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 5:21pm
lol, but i'm not... i took out the cocking rod so it wouldn't fire, and i took off the hopper and barrel..i shot one at a time really slowly, like 1bps and it was fine... then when i started to go faster,the bolt just pinches the balls and chops them....
vftactical2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vftactical2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 5:27pm

alright cock the bolt

the stick your finger in the feed tube and if you feel the bolt...

take off the cocking rod and unscrew the little thing on the end just 3/4 a turn put it back in that should fix the problem also try turning you lpr pressure down

vf tactical, tactical kaner kit, worrgames unimount, evolution hopper,and pmi 3000psi tank,shocktech beaver tail,e2 frame,
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 5:31pm
eh.. well i have like under 1/8 of the bolt showing, and thats how all the guides say it is supposed to be
roadrunner0535 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadrunner0535 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 5:31pm
cockers r definitly not good outta the box...but listen 2 vftactical2...he no's wat hes doing
98c seclusion
14" dye ultralite
rufus dawg 2x stick trigg
remote
full-auto mod
My 98C
100% smart parts
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 5:38pm
lol but i didn't even have the cocking rod in, the bolt was moving as much as it possible could and it still chopped...
ritzblitz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ritzblitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 5:42pm
thats really wierd, either you are an idiot(n/o) or something is really messed up. maybe ask on wgppress
vftactical2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vftactical2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 7:48pm
your probably chopping paint with the barrel size not the gun check your paint to barrel match thats a bigger
vf tactical, tactical kaner kit, worrgames unimount, evolution hopper,and pmi 3000psi tank,shocktech beaver tail,e2 frame,
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 8:08pm
I would put money on it that 90% of Cocker problems are user induced.

It makes no sense that at 1BPS you aren't chopping making full trigger pulls but at 6BPS you are chopping with full trigger pulls. I would put my money on it that you are short stroking.
Which falls faster, a lead ball or your IQ after reading some of these posts?

PSU Paintball

GhilleMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Language, 11/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhilleMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 9:45pm
short stroking, I've been using mech cockers for a while and even i do sometimes, and like vftactical said turn down your lpr a bit
Smart Parts, Stupid People... Go figure

Shoot To Thrill on stockclass, mcarter, and the dreadful pbn
Carter Mini Comp, Carter Tricar, PPS Blazer

[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 10:41pm
hmm ya, and i didnt say i was breaking balls, i said i was chopping.. those are two totally different things..

but i suppose i could be shortstroking, and i'll try to work against it and hopefully the problem won't persist.. thanks for the help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic