Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Letís talk tactics: Woodsball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
LostPenguin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostPenguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letís talk tactics: Woodsball
    Posted: 09 November 2004 at 4:04pm
Not bad a'tall. I play both. I dont understand why speedball is so much fun, but It is. But I enjoy a nice long game of woodsball too, dont get me wrong.

This would be a great place to post a question: Are there any higher-end guns that are better than Tippmanns for woodsball? I mean, tippmanns have the milsim upgrades, and the flatline barrel. what more do you need?

-Tippmann 98C
-Dead-on Double Trigger
-20oz and 14oz CO2
-14" Teardrop Barrel
*Coming this christmas*
RT, Revvy
the_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2004 at 3:45pm

nice, ill use those. i'v been trying to get good millataraly honed woodsball advice. (i play speedball and woodsball, its ALL my style)

"hay, check it out i got a shotgun"
"I bet you cant shot this apple off my head... this is a good apple"

Vermilion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vermilion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2004 at 3:09pm
thx for the great post, ill think about that stuff when i play my first game
ryancanadian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryancanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2004 at 2:39pm
its a great post... im canadian infantry too... way to go
Own the battlefield!
duckncover21 View Drop Down
Guested-slurs/f-bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckncover21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2004 at 12:42pm
I think it a good post.  I've played about 4-5 years ever since I got my first gun (I was 11) and it helped me even now.  But maybe thats cuz I haven't played since march of last year...
Sectional football games have the glory and despair of war, and when a Texas team takes the field against a foreign state, it's an army with banners!!

Hook'em Horns!!!
keithx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 9:26pm

rapid fire has its advantages... and like Frozen says in his thread newer guns are accurate under "full auto" since they are designed for it... tactically speaking a shooter with a higher BPS can pin down multiple targets while waiting for reinforcements which can be very beneficial... however i think the real point of Brihard's comment on faster shooting guns is the age old debate that buying a better gun doesn't make you a better player... playing woodsball with a rental gun makes you focus more on your tactics rather than having "uber gun"... since you all have similar markers... you stop blaming your shortcomings on shoddy equipment... and even if it does jam learning not to panic and fixing it while in a firefight will help you in the long run... once you get your tactics down and learn the woods... then upgrading your marker can only help your game... once you learn which tactics are best suited for you, you can choose your marker accordingly... if you like to crawl around or move fast to the front and sneak up behind the enemy... you may want a smaller profile and lighter gun without a lot of accessories to allow easier movement... if you are good at judging distance and making longer shots you might want a stock for better consistency and an upgraded barrel (flatline, bigshot, J+J, etc)... if you aren't very fast and you're a bigger guy, you might want a higher BPS marker with a lot of extra paint pods so you can use suppression fire to help your faster, stealthier teammates flank the enemy...

good post....

PS. YankeeFan, your precious team lost, get over it, stop taking it out on a user who is trying to contribute something helpful to the forum....

I prefer .223 over .68
---------------------
A-5 R/T
Flatline w/ F/X SD shroud
F/X Sniper stock
Intruder Assault Foregrip
SpecterGear CQB 3pt Sling
Crossfire 68/4500 (coming soon)
Detz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Detz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 8:14pm

great post man,
!represent Canadian Infantry!

DETZ
A-5
20oz Pure Energy on/off
flatline
to come:
lapco bigshot
HPA - still not sure
Jeet Kune Do View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeet Kune Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 5:59pm
Thanks, that really helped. Thats all i really have to say.
paintball2885 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball2885 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 1:17am
This is how things should be done.  No copy and pasting, just original work.  I totally respect this guy for what he has done.  Amazing post, thank you brihard.
-- from the j-long --

you may not like it, but you d*mn well better respect it!
Skirmish Diehard! Nothing but the best!!! (but coupons are good, though)
-Monoxide- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -Monoxide- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 8:46pm
A-5 Guy, keep in mind that most people who tear down others posts are illiterate, as yankee fan has demonstrated, they can't help their illiteracy, don't be too hard on them..
I spray, you pray.
A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 8:44pm
Great post, I hope some new people to the sport read it. You seem to always have meaningful posts. Unlike some people who like to tear down others posts "coughyankee fan13 cough"
Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 8:34pm
Well now, I agree with you on just about all of those points. Especially this one :

Quote It's a matter of preference, really. Whatever tactic you can amke work is the right one. Combat situations are fluid and evolving- select fire one second may turn into hurried spray and pray the enxt, when the three guys you didn't know were there come out from behind your point man. Just always consider the effects of your firing beyond taking out that one (or two) target(s).

I myself prefer flanking, then letting rip with everything I have. my friend, however, likes to rush up the middle and see how fast he can get shot.

Preference is what it's all about, really.

edit: forgive my lack of intelligent thought tonight, I've done nothign but homework all day.

Edited by Frozen
-Monoxide- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -Monoxide- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 7:48pm
Excellent post, for woodsballs and especially Milsim woodsballers, excellent usage of military tactics, conformed to paintbll play, I like it, props to ya man!

--Saint/Monoxide
I spray, you pray.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 7:45pm

A well written post. I'll go over it bit by bit.

You assert that high rates of fire are not, in fact, as useless as woodsballers often claim. This si certianly true. a machinegun is effective in teh woods as it is in a field. My point is simply that, in the woods, is less often that you'll have the opportunity to sue these tactics.

In the woods, you want to employ stealth. That's why careful, precise shooting is better: It gives the oppoinenets less sensory input to figure out where you are. Additionally, it saves you money, which is a good thing. ;)

"However, one of the key failings I notice when playing woods, is that when a player tries to move up, their rate of fire is slowed considerably. This generally alerts the other player of your intentions, and they will react accordingly."

An EXCELLENT point on your behalf- I totally agree. The rate of fire must be kept up when you're operating alone. Keepiong your opponent guessing is vital, which is another reason I advocate selective shooting. Shooting at all tells him there's someone there, and mroe likely than not, will give him a general sense where you're operating from, to within a ten yard radius. If, however, on taking enemy fire, you simply fall back and move fast in reaction, he's guessing. He may think you've gone to ground, and can't see ihm, but after the first ten seconds without return fire, he has to acknowledge that you've broken contact, and over the next minute, the place where you may now be in his mind includes almost everywhere. You havne't localized yourself my engaging.

Naturally, if you have the chance to effectively fire back, or he can actually see you, laying down the paint is the way to go. It'll either get you closer to him, or buy you time to get out or get help.

I did mention spray adn rpay inwoodsball- I recall something about positioning those players in areas where they have long clear fields of fire, so they can stall an enemy advance. In the actual brush though, it's better to wait for the clean shots so you don't give yourself away.

It's a matter of preference, really. Whatever tactic you can amke work is the right one. Combat situations are fluid and evolving- select fire one second may turn into hurried spray and pray the enxt, when the three guys you didn't know were there come out from behind your point man. Just always consider the effects of your firing beyond taking out that one (or two) target(s).

"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
68Degrees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68Degrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 7:35pm
good post brihard...2 thumbs up
Silver Bullet
14in Whisper barrel
12v Revy
Psychoballistic Drop foward
20oz CO2
Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 7:30pm
May i refer you to my post on such various things as my take on woodsball firepower 'tactics'. No, It's not really about tactics so much as why people do what they do. Or something...

Click!?

Quote Once you know how to fight with the terrain, then worry about equipment. As I mentioned earlier, a flatline is a great investment. I find a remote line and a stock very useful as well. High rates of fire should not, generally, be necessary in the woods- until your budget iimproves you can dispense with response triggers, or e-grips or whatever. Worry about how to place a limited number of shots precisely, because that's how the woods are fought and won.

I disagree. Read my first post in my thread and that'll have my reasoning.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 7:21pm

To counter your accusations, it was all original- I haven't looked over it again, yet, but I imagine my plethora of normal typos are still in there.

I'm an infantry soldier in the Canadian forces, which handly adapts itself to paintball. Everyone starts as a newbie, and I, for one, like helping them. While not everyone tends to find posts of that length interesting, I'm driven to believe that your particular brand of inane drivel is somewhat less constructive. Kindly stay out of my threads if they do not interest you.

To the rest of you, thanks, and again, feel free to add to the thread if you want. If you consider this post sticky material, well, don't hesitate to let a mod know. ;)

Edited by brihard
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
POGUE182 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POGUE182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 6:46pm

uhh unn

-POGUE182

CB YankeeFan13 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Retarded spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB YankeeFan13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by cockerkilla99 cockerkilla99 wrote:

Originally posted by CB YankeeFan13 CB YankeeFan13 wrote:

no one who'd read that pointless long post that u proly just copied and pasted from differnt website.

it's not long and pointless, if you took the time to read it (i did b/c i had nothing better to do), it auctully is very correct and helpful to newbies.

see all these no lifes read posts becuz they want to talk about paintball at there schools and jobs.
cockerkilla99 View Drop Down
Guested - Childish crudity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cockerkilla99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by CB YankeeFan13 CB YankeeFan13 wrote:

no one who'd read that pointless long post that u proly just copied and pasted from differnt website.

it's not long and pointless, if you took the time to read it (i did b/c i had nothing better to do), it auctully is very correct and helpful to newbies.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic