Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yes/No, RT 98c work with nitro?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Does a 98c do well with CO2?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
11 [100.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
BladeBuster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BladeBuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yes/No, RT 98c work with nitro?
    Posted: 22 October 2004 at 6:00pm
    My friend wants an RT on his stock 98 custom and i was thinking the RT would cause the CO2 to freeze his valve and cause problems. So i want to know if this is true so i can warn him. Incase i didnt make it clear above the question is: Will a stock 98 custom with a RT work with CO2 that hasnt been anti-siphoned?
I BREAK WALMART BLADES!!!
i have no gun right now...
Ion setup:
Red SP Ion
Crossfire high pressure 68/4500
Dye 05 Tank Cover
Empire Reloader
Dye Sticky .45 clear
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 6:03pm
If you shoot a full hopper with co2 with out stopping, yes you will encounter problems. Unless you want to do any upgrading, stick to short bursts.
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 6:19pm
if you hold it down for a while, it will cause temporary frezzing. but an x-chamber completely eliminates this problem.
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 6:38pm
it should be fine with just CO2

cockerkilla99 View Drop Down
Guested - Childish crudity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cockerkilla99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 6:42pm
mine dont work with n2, yes i tuned it and tried to play with it, some do, some don't, like my friends a-5 does, my 98c dont....
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 7:27pm
Might as well get a reg. Youll need one sooner or later

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 8:46pm
R/T will work fine with CO2 nitro is a good upgrade but not a must. It will hlep avoid freeze ups better than CO2 with a reg or x-chamber, though.
I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 9:01pm
Nitro will not work with the r/t. For some strange reason it only works with the r/t on the A5, not the 98c. An expansion chamber stop all liquid co2 from entering the gun even during high rates of fire. If you want the r/t on your 98c and don't want to freeze your gun then you have to get an expansion chamber, nitro will not work with it.
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 6:06am
My 98c RT has been working for years with N2.
I can empty the tank on full auto with no problems.
Not sure where the idea that N2 wouldn't work with a 98c RT started but it is not true.
Although my 98c worked fine with CO2 as well. You don't need N2 but it will work with a 98 Custom R/T.
RLTW
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic