Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Palmers Stabilizer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
-=Headwound=- View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Watch the language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Headwound=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Palmers Stabilizer
    Posted: 22 October 2004 at 3:00pm

I've come to the conclusion I would like to replace my GTA Exp. Chamber with a Palmers stab. I was curious what other players reviews of this stabilizer are?

I've heard some people running their (98 custom) as low as 600-700psi. Would switching to this stabilizer cure the 98 Custom from being half-cocked in gameplay. I have a R/T and it sometimes becomes uncocked durring high rates of fire.

Thank-You for the feedback

Tippmann 98 Custom
GTA Response Trigger
Crossfire 68ci 4500psi
Palmers Stabilizer Male
Halo Frontman Smoke LED
12" All American
Smart Parts Wood Grip
Grey VForce Profiler

Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 3:16pm

Palmer is a very good regulator. Since your using an expansion chamber, I'll assume you're using CO2. In that case, this is the best thing you can buy for your gun besides a new barrel. They come with a lifetime warranty too. They have a liquid trap so it's impossible to get liquid in your gun. On their site, they say some thing like "this reg will blow all expansion chambers away. There is no competition." And if you ever get nitrogen, your reg will still be top of the line in either world.

I don't know about half cocking though. Mines never done that. Maybe it's because I've always had a Palmer on.

1manteam98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1manteam98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 3:24pm
i think i mite buy one of these too
98 custom
hyperstar bolt
16"winforce barrel
rocket cock II
car stock
camo covers(tank and hopper)
4+1 camo harness
coiled remote
Crossfire 47ci/3000psi nitro
Hunter Green Paintjob
Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 4:08pm
You won't regret it.
C.G.O. View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Caps doesnt fool me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.G.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 4:19pm
YES! YES! YES!

The Palmer Stabilizer is WAY worth the money. Like boydster said, it is the best reg & x-chamber you can get for co2 and no other product can compete with it.

I'd say my favorite treat the Palmer Stabilizer gives me is gas-efficiency. I can receive over 900 shots through a 16oz and almost 2000 shots with a 20oz(at 600psi)! About consistency, I can't tell the difference between co2 and nitro unless the nitro is running through a reg. Also, your accuracy will be increased slightly, but it still will be noticeable.

Because you have a R/T, this could the best thing for your 98c. Good Luck! CGO out.

Tippmann 98c with lapco bigshot 12in barrel, Palmer Stabilizer/32* 0-1200 microgauge.
Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 4:41pm
You can't get 2000 shots with a 20 oz. Yes you'll get a little more but no where near 1000 more than normal. You might get 200 shots more.
C.G.O. View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Caps doesnt fool me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.G.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Boydster Boydster wrote:

You can't get 2000 shots with a 20 oz. Yes you'll get a little more but no where near 1000 more than normal. You might get 200 shots more.

What the heck, yeah but you got a A-5 and that thing eats more gas then a 98c(my brother and friend owns one and that's my proof). Also, when did I say "I got 2000rds through a 20 oz"??? To be more exact, about 1400-1500, but that's still really good. I wasn't lying, but I do apologize for the misunderstanding.

My mistake. CGO out...
Tippmann 98c with lapco bigshot 12in barrel, Palmer Stabilizer/32* 0-1200 microgauge.
jyon_sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jyon_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 5:17pm
the palmers are way worth the money. buy one now
A5 with lots of expensive milsim stuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Headwound=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 8:04pm
Anyone else?
Tippmann 98 Custom
GTA Response Trigger
Crossfire 68ci 4500psi
Palmers Stabilizer Male
Halo Frontman Smoke LED
12" All American
Smart Parts Wood Grip
Grey VForce Profiler

Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 8:16pm

Originally posted by C.G.O. C.G.O. wrote:

Originally posted by Boydster Boydster wrote:

What the heck, yeah but you got a A-5 and that thing eats more gas then a 98c(my brother and friend owns one and that's my proof). Also, when did I say "I got 2000rds through a 20 oz"??? To be more exact, about 1400-1500, but that's still really good. I wasn't lying, but I do apologize for the misunderstanding.

My mistake. CGO out...

I've owned a 98 and my present A-5 and I think they use about the same amount of gas.

Krypfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krypfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 1:53pm

The a5 does use a bit more gas than 98(cyclone), but i dont thinks its a big enought amount to really make a difference, maybe 30-50 balls...

roadrunner0535 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadrunner0535 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 1:59pm
good idea...but fyi, u can use a reg and expansion chamber at the same time...and if u get an inline one 2 attack 2 ur expansion chamber...it will be like $30 cheaper than buying the male reg
98c seclusion
14" dye ultralite
rufus dawg 2x stick trigg
remote
full-auto mod
My 98C
100% smart parts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Headwound=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 1:19am

Thanks for the opinions fellas!

I'm gonna order the male Palmers with a microguage for a christmas gift to myself.

Tippmann 98 Custom
GTA Response Trigger
Crossfire 68ci 4500psi
Palmers Stabilizer Male
Halo Frontman Smoke LED
12" All American
Smart Parts Wood Grip
Grey VForce Profiler

Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 3:22pm
I was planning on getting one also I hear nothing but good things about it.
Notorious Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notorious Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Krypfiend Krypfiend wrote:

The a5 does use a bit more gas than 98(cyclone), but i dont thinks its a big enought amount to really make a difference, maybe 30-50 balls...

'

What are you talking about?

They cyclone dosent use more gas.  It runs off of excess gas.
turismomtrx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turismomtrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Notorious Bob Notorious Bob wrote:

Originally posted by Krypfiend Krypfiend wrote:

'

What are you talking about?

They cyclone dosent use more gas.  It runs off of excess gas.

the reason that the A-5 is is less efficient is that the power tube/bolt system is made differently than the 98 so that it is more consistent. an A-5 without the cyclone will have still the same efficiency. its just really the bolt.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic