Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Autococker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Autococker
    Posted: 21 October 2004 at 4:04pm
Well my new 2k3 cocker is here, and I have some questions. I'm not sure if its working properly or not. Heres what happens:

I pull the trigger very slightly, and I here a (hiss) come out of the 3-way. As I continue to pull slowly, the cocking rod is released, and the gun fires (The hissing is still continuing). Then, I continue to pull it slowly, and the back block comes back and recocks it (the hissing stops). Now, if I release the trigger quickly, the gun remains cocked, and I here a slight hiss and it starts over. If I release the trigger slowly, the gun does not remain cocked, and the hissing I heard in the beginning continues.. I have to pull the trigger and release it quickly, and the air coming out of the 3-way happens both in the pull, and release of my trigger. I wasn't sure if this was normal or not, it didnt seem to be. I was told by someone to adjust the timing rod length, but first of all I dont even know what the problem is yet, and second I don't have a set screw small enough to fit in the little bolt. Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate your help.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 6:24pm

Your timing is off.  You need to lengthen the timing rod a little.  The hammer should release before the 3-way starts engaging.

Air will come out of the 3-way (it gets pushed back out by the ram), but there shouldn't be a leaking sensation.  It also shouldn't matter how slowly you pull the trigger (although if you pull the trigger slowly there will be temporary leaking as you pass the switch-over point on the 3-way).

Get a tiny screwdriver and lengthen the rod a little.  That should do it.

Good luck.

[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 7:39pm
i messed with the lug, now i can release it slowly and it will cock, and pull it slowly and it will fire... which is good...

now its just when i pull the trigger a bit, i hear (psss) and air comes out of the 3-way.. people have told me as long as its not a leak, and comes out when i dont pull the trigger, then im fine...

im just concerned about poor air efficency... and im not sure if its supposed to come out of the 3-way on the pull, i always thought it was just the release

edit: also, i dont have an alen wrench small enough to fit into that set screw..

Edited by [Deadeye]
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 7:59pm

Air will come out of the 3-way both coming and going.  When you are not pulling the trigger, the ram is holding the back block in forward position.  The air it is using to do that gets released through the 3-way when you pull the trigger.

But if hissing starts before the hammer goes, then your timing is off.  Nothing should happen before the hammer.

[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 8:07pm
hissing starts when i barely touch the trigger.. the cocking rod doesnt release, and the back block doesnt move.. but it hisses... since this isnt right, how should i adjust it? if i have to adjust the timing rod (which i probably do)... i dont have an allen wrench that small...
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 8:11pm
Well then you better go get one.

Lengthen the timing rod. Oh wait, your probably using a swing trigger in that case shorten the timing rod.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 8:15pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Oh wait, your probably using a swing trigger in that case shorten the timing rod.

Good catch!

[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 8:22pm
it seems to be working fine.. check out this too:

air leaves when you pull, and leaves when you release.. im just not sure its supposed to be constant like it is with mine... whenever i can get my hands on an alen wrench that tiny, ill shorten it up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic