Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

02 auto cocker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
boobsahoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boobsahoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 02 auto cocker
    Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:34pm

are the 02 autocockers anygood? better than the 98 or carbine??

jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 8:47pm
02 Cockers are good guns. They're better than a 98 or Carbine in several ways, air efficency, kick, consistency. They just need to be well taken care of, and it might take you a little time to get used to shooting a slide trigger.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

boobsahoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boobsahoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 9:22pm

wich one is more upgradable? the trilogy or the 02? i cant really find any reviews on it

jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 9:32pm
Probably the 02. Those new ones have internal 3-ways, so no new ones, and no E-Blade ever. Go with the 02 if you want to have options.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 12:26pm
Definitely 02.  Completely interchangeable with all modern cocker parts, which gives you zillions of choices.
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 1:10pm

Don't even waste your money on an Autococker, take it from someone who has owned one they're junk. You would be much better off with the A-5. The A-5 would be faster and alot more duable then an Autococker. Also with its no tool maintence design the maintence on the A-5 would be alot easier too.
Before you start anything read this:

Unfortuantly my problems had nothing to do with my ability to work on the gun, my problem is with cockers trashy quality control issues. I never had to replace so many parts in such a short amount of time, and on top of that the cocker was very slow. Also the cocker needs over $1000 in upgrades to make it half decent and even after that there is still a good chance of the thing compleatly pooping out. I will never spend money and a tradhy gun like a cocker ever again.

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
slimjim23 View Drop Down
Likes to Bump Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimjim23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 1:36pm

wow scarface...cockers are great guns. you make them sound very bad. and yeah, i love A-5's.

boobsahoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boobsahoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 2:03pm

what kind of barrel should i get for it? will i need one right away or should i get another upgrade first?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 6:20pm

The stock cocker barrel isn't bad, as stock barrels go.  You will want ot replace it, but it doesn't have to be your first upgrade.  I would recommend a new bolt and detent first.  A delrin bolt will reduce wear on the body.  A delrin detent will reduce wear on the bolt.  Then, if you are staying mech, a new 3-way is your best upgrade.  I recommend the Orracle 3-way.  Very short throw, very easy timing.

Just my thoughts.

P8ntblldude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8ntblldude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 6:25pm
Yah I just got my gun back from the shop and they got my trigger pull down to less than 1/8", which is really nice. Just get a good barrel, delrin bolt, and a hinge frame.
*Team Compulsive*

Sponsors
*Won-Ago-Biking*
*Curleys Waterfront*

Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by slimjim23 slimjim23 wrote:

wow scarface...cockers are great guns. you make them sound very bad. and yeah, i love A-5's.

Thats because they are very bad guns. It would be alot easier just to buy a good stock electro gun, you would end up spending just about the same money anyway. By the time you put a million upgrades into the cocker to make it half decent you could have just gotten a Trix, Timmy, Cyborg, B2k with PDS or someother High-end elctro gun.

Edited by ScarFace22

boobsahoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boobsahoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 6:53pm
would a jj barrel fit?
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 6:56pm

I'm sure they make J&J barrels with Cocker threading. Look around and double check to make sure.

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 8:14pm
Heh yeah, it amuses me because the only people that say cockers break and suck completely suck at taking care of them or fixing them.
boobsahoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boobsahoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 9:12pm
im also new to paintballing so i dont about taking care of guns and i heard they where hard to maintain
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 9:31pm
Cockers are ridiculously easy to maintain.  What they do require, however, is a willingness to learn how they work, and a general enjoyment for all things mechanical.
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 8:51am

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Heh yeah, it amuses me because the only people that say cockers break and suck completely suck at taking care of them or fixing them.

As I already said:Unfortuantly my problems had nothing to do with my ability to work on the gun, my problem is with cockers trashy quality control issues. I never had to replace so many parts in such a short amount of time, and on top of that the cocker was very slow. Also the cocker needs over $1000 in upgrades to make it half decent and even after that there is still a good chance of the thing compleatly pooping out. I will never spend money and a tradhy gun like a cocker ever again

Its not my fault that WGP makes poopy quality products. Things that broke on my cocker had nothing to do with me, the things that broke should not have BUT again due to the trashy quality and WGPs guns they would rather sell junk to people and line thier pockets then put an extra little money into quality control.

A-5 bunkerking View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, inappropriate sig. 3/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 bunkerking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 7:13pm

your first upgrades would be a new bolt(delrin like stated above to reduce wear), barrel, and  3-way. keep the slider frame, when you get used to them, they can really rip.

delrin detents arent as useful as people say. many people believe their purpose is to prevent wear on the bolt... well, that wear on the bolt isnt bad at all, it wont effect the marker in any way. in fact, wgp recomends using the metal detents, e-orracles, karnys, etc come with metal detents. 
  so a delrin detent isnt necessary. their only advantage on the marker is that you can lower your micro reg pressure a bit because is puts less force/friction on the bolt.

and scarface, your the only one who dislikes cockers, so it was definatly the users malfunction, not the product.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 9:43am

Originally posted by A-5 bunkerking A-5 bunkerking wrote:

keep the slider frame, when you get used to them, they can really rip.[quote]

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.  IMO hinge frames on mech cockers just don't make sense.    :)

[quote]delrin detents arent as useful as people say. many people believe their purpose is to prevent wear on the bolt... well, that wear on the bolt isnt bad at all, it wont effect the marker in any way. in fact, wgp recomends using the metal detents, e-orracles, karnys, etc come with metal detents. 

That's interesting.  I'll have to look into that.  Although, with your new detent, you also get a snazzy new detent cover.    :)

Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by A-5 bunkerking A-5 bunkerking wrote:

your first upgrades would be a new bolt(delrin like stated above to reduce wear), barrel, and  3-way. keep the slider frame, when you get used to them, they can really rip.

delrin detents arent as useful as people say. many people believe their purpose is to prevent wear on the bolt... well, that wear on the bolt isnt bad at all, it wont effect the marker in any way. in fact, wgp recomends using the metal detents, e-orracles, karnys, etc come with metal detents. 
  so a delrin detent isnt necessary. their only advantage on the marker is that you can lower your micro reg pressure a bit because is puts less force/friction on the bolt.

and scarface, your the only one who dislikes cockers, so it was definatly the users malfunction, not the product.

Well thanks for proving my point. If cockers are SOOO great then why do you need to upgrade and put so much money into them. Lets see maybe because they stink and thier trashy junk. As for the last part of what you said well thats a good excuse for  a company that makes a crappy gun.  if you look around the internet you'll see im not the only one that hates cockers. O and also if they're soo great then how come when I went to my local pro-shop the wall was loaded with people selling cockers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic