Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New gun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
68Degrees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68Degrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New gun
    Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:24pm

Hey guys, my friend is getting into paintball and he wants to know what kind of gun he should get. He wanted something not to expensive and is reliable and easy to maintain. I told him a tippmann because they are great to start off with. What's your options?

Silver Bullet
14in Whisper barrel
12v Revy
Psychoballistic Drop foward
20oz CO2
Radix View Drop Down
Title Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:26pm
defiantly a tippmann, its a very good gun for a first gun
www.clanaod.net

DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:27pm
Tippmann also of corse. No better way to go then a tippmann for a starter gun. Make sure its a 98c.
68Degrees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68Degrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:32pm
Yeah, thats what I thought too
Silver Bullet
14in Whisper barrel
12v Revy
20oz CO2
DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:36pm
You were correct my friend.
C.G.O. View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Caps doesnt fool me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.G.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:39pm
A 98c or a pro-carbine. The Carbine costs alittle more and doesn't have very much upgrades(compared to the 98c), but is way more reliable and some people like the feel of the handguards better than the front grip.

Soooooo, just keep it a tippmann.
Tippmann 98c with lapco bigshot 12in barrel, Palmer Stabilizer/32* 0-1200 microgauge.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:46pm
I would say 98c. It seems I am always stating how reliable, durable, and affordable they are, but it's the truth.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:47pm
either the 98c or the a5 would do the trick just fine. both are easy to clean, user friendly, and ofcoarse, if you have any porblems, you can ask us on this very awesome forum.

68carbine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:49pm
Hey. Yeah, you should go with a Tippmann. If he is looking for reliability and ruggedness, he should spend the few extra bucks and get the Pro-carbine. It is well worth it, I have one myself with a smart parts progressive barrel and I have not broken a paintball in about 10,000 shots. I swear to god about that, every shot is right where I want it, and there are never any flaws. It is a must.
68Degrees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68Degrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 5:11am
Alright, thanks guys
Silver Bullet
14in Whisper barrel
12v Revy
20oz CO2
CB YankeeFan13 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Retarded spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB YankeeFan13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 8:46pm
i would recomend a tippmann, but i had my spyder for 3 years and its still and great shape. so get whatever your heart desires.
STOCK 98c
EMPIRE RELOADER
20 AND 12OZ CO2
Tikiman. View Drop Down

Strike 1, Language (F10)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikiman. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 9:51am

get like a brass eagle and upgrade to a cocker if he likes paintball

BeAcHbLoNdiEof08: did i do good
Cross Fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cross Fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 10:02am

If it wil be his first gun, a tippmann 98 custom it is a real good reliable gun

SniperBoy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SniperBoy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 12:49pm
yes a tippmann doesn't matter if it is a 98c or a model 98 they both up grade E/ for the barrel issue but may i add TIPPMANN ROCKS
Tippmann Commando For ME!!!!!
Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 12:55pm
i would recomend the A-5 i have never had any sort of a problem with mine and i have run somewhere arround 20,000 paintballs through it.i would also recoment the flatline if he plays woods but play with the stock setup for at least 2 days of play first to see if he likes it.
Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
68Degrees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68Degrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 1:06pm
Thanks
Silver Bullet
14in Whisper barrel
12v Revy
20oz CO2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic