Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad things about the lapco bigshot?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jacobpd7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobpd7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad things about the lapco bigshot?
    Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:12pm
I've heard that when you fire, it consistantly curves to the left. And it has a strange O-ring fit. Are these claims true?
DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:17pm

Nope, not in the least bit true, jaco.

Edited by DrunkDriver
jacobpd7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobpd7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:18pm
okay thanks this post can be deleted now.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:26pm

Naw, leave it up. Other people can use this post to learn from. Also, i may be wrong and the next person who reads this can correct me.

C.G.O. View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Caps doesnt fool me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.G.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by jacobpd7 jacobpd7 wrote:

okay thanks this post can be deleted now.

No NO! Yes, I have had the problem before with the barrel o-ring on the bigshot. When I first got it, I couldn't hit a trash can at 50ft(I posted a topic about it here a long time ago). I had to swap the o-rings with my stock barrel to keep the bigshot from wobbling side-to-side in my 98c. So yes, the storys are true to a degree. CGO out.....
Tippmann 98c with lapco bigshot 12in barrel, Palmer Stabilizer/32* 0-1200 microgauge.
Radix View Drop Down

Title Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:29pm

the lapco bigshot has dead on accuracy but about the o-ring i dont know beacuse the a-5 barrels dont have orings

eleminator04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eleminator04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:32pm
the labco barrels are dead on but when you dont have clean air system it can curve to the left a bit
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:33pm
Hey CGO, was your recever bolts not screwed in enough? Maybe when you opened it up to swich the Orings you screwed them in enough then you closed it back up. Just a thought.
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:40pm
^^^If your talking about the oring on the barrel then why would he open up the reciever to fix them.
Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
C.G.O. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.G.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by DrunkDriver DrunkDriver wrote:

Hey CGO, was your recever bolts not screwed in enough? Maybe when you opened it up to swich the Orings you screwed them in enough then you closed it back up. Just a thought.

Dude, (NOTE: Long time ago) in my reply. It's fixed, I had to swap the o-rings because the bigshot's was too small. But yes, I do screw in my receiver bolts in tight or the barrel will wobble slightly.
Tippmann 98c with lapco bigshot 12in barrel, Palmer Stabilizer/32* 0-1200 microgauge.
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by eleminator04 eleminator04 wrote:

the labco barrels are dead on but when you dont have clean air system it can curve to the left a bit

how does not having a clean air system make it curve to the left? why not up? down? or right? explain your post.

MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 8:24pm
I hve used the lapco bigshot on A-5 and 98 and it works very well with unsurpased accuracy.
I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
Slimz.357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slimz.357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 6:18am

Until now, I've never heard anything but good reports about the bigshot, but if you really want to know, check here: http://www.pbreview.com/products/search/q/?q=bigshot

Edited by Slimz.357
"If you make it idiot proof, they'll make a better idiot."
REQUIRED READING
VTpaintballer View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 1:50pm
what do you think i should get a 12 or 14" barrel?
C.G.O. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.G.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by VTpaintballer VTpaintballer wrote:

what do you think i should get a 12 or 14" barrel?

Just stick with 12 inch.
powell_24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powell_24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 2:45pm
i love my bigshot... it's more accurate then any other barrel ive shot w/ one exception... the freak system w/ the right insert... i love my bigshot and its really durable ive beaten it on rocks and assorted other hard things and its held up great... i think ive put close to 30000 balls through it since i bought it about 2 years ago and i still love it. in response to the guy asking about size... i'd say stick w/ the 12 b/c its easier to keep close to your body in tight areas.
A-5
RT
X-Core
8" Bigshot
Pro Carbine
PT Extreme
wonk22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wonk22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 3:32pm
my bigshot hasnt had any problems
jacobpd7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobpd7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 9:29am
So a stock barrel o-ring will fit the bigshot barrel okay? And will this barrel work well with kick'n paintballs? Because the place I go down at great lakes paintball makes you buy their paint which is kick'n paintballs.

Edited by jacobpd7
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic