Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

scopes for snipering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
the_tippMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_tippMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scopes for snipering
    Posted: 20 October 2004 at 5:18pm

when i sniper i dont use a scope but i do have an 16 inch barrel. its poitnless because no matter what the ball is going to curve off course even with a FS. thats why everyone says dude u need to get a scope or a sight its an essential. well ive used scopes before and i was up in tree(woodsball) and this guy was coming 50 yards away from so i

sighted in on him i shot, but nothing happedand he started looking every where so i looked at the ground and the ball was 2 inches away from his foot, could some one explian this to me?

the tippmann is in the house
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 5:23pm

Oh my my my, another misguided soul about "sniping".

Ok, there technically can be no such thing as a "sniper" in the sport of paintball. A sniper is a marksman who can hit a target several times in a row at an extreme range.

Many people use a Red Dot. This allows you to aim at a target, but not essentially "zoom in and scope" him out. It is designed so that wherever the dot is at, the ball will go in that vicinity(sp). Tasco and BSA make some very nice Red Dots.

I would say stop hiding in trees and take cover behind a bush, since you will actually be level with your target.

Edited by sinisterNorth
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Heroman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heroman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 5:24pm
Paintballs don't fly in a straight flat lined trajectory like bullets that a real sharpshooter would use.
Mahirap ng maging pogi...

jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 5:37pm
If it stopped before his feet, you shot when he was way out of range. Which is one of many reasons sniping doesn't work in paintball. Instead of sitting up in your tree playing deer hurter, get down, work with your teammates, and rock some people. You'll start actually having fun, and hitting people.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic