FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is paintball racist?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 1:25am

Whoever wants to play can play. It's a rare day at our field when we don't have at least one black player. We also have some Columbians, a Chinese (unfortunately, he's deployed in Iraq right now), and a Vietnamese.

There are days when almost half of our players are black, everyone has a great time, the more players the better.

For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
Flarpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flarpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 1:46am

Everytime i visit a local field (in Southern California) all i see is pure white people, no browns like me (mexican).  I've seen one asian, other than that, solid white.  It's cool though, people don't seem to care.

Gun Setup:
Black and silver 98c
14" J&J Ceramic barrel
20oz co2
Warp feed
Gravity loader :(
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 3:52am
Checkout the fields in California, you'll see every ethnic group there playin speedball, woodsball, rec-ball and scenarios.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 6:08am
Originally posted by TRAVELER TRAVELER wrote:

Whoever wants to play can play. It's a rare day at our field when we don't have at least one black player. We also have some Columbians, a Chinese (unfortunately, he's deployed in Iraq right now), and a Vietnamese.

There are days when almost half of our players are black, everyone has a great time, the more players the better.

you can pretend your in the vietnam war.
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 6:36am
Paintball can be universal. The only dress code is a mask, and for the entry fee anybody of age can play.

Listen to Ash: "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
If you've got the junk, you're welcome on the field. Even if you don't, just borrow some.

Ricin.rpf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricin.rpf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 8:24am

Originally posted by >><< >><< wrote:

Out of the many many times i have been at my field over the past 3 years i have never seen an african american girl or guy at the field. Any one else noticing this? It just kinda seemed weird to me.

Now ive heard it all. just because they dont happen to play, doesnt mean they arent allowed to play. thus, it isnt racist, tool.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

This thread should be renamed the "Wait for HondaXR to say something really really racist" thread. You know he wants to...

Ha. That is exactly what I am waiting for...

Slimz.357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slimz.357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

This thread should be renamed the "Wait for HondaXR to say something really really racist" thread.  You know he wants to... 

It's ok, Honda - let it out.  It won't change our opinion of you.

:)

Hey Superman, DOWN BOY!  "Black"people are the American subculture characterized by their darker skin, hence "Black". I think "african-american" is total crud. They didn't come from africa, niether (except for rare exceptions) did thier parents or grandparents. Their Americans, just like the so-called "mexicans" and other "ethnic groups".

The fact that someone is different from us is only as big a deal as we make it. If we classify them in their own special group, and treat them differently, then there will be racism in paintball. I am a mix of Dutch and Irish, people call me "white", not "Iro-Dutch-American" so please, get over it.

"If you make it idiot proof, they'll make a better idiot."
REQUIRED READING
Squirrel Master View Drop Down
Official Forum Haiku Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squirrel Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 11:11am
just because the sport isnt as appealing to other races, doesnt make it racist.......if proshops refused to sell paint or air to other races, then it'd be racist(at that one proshop)
ROCK IS DEAD!!! Long Live Paper and Scissors
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 11:32am
The havent seen a black person or a chick paintballin at any of the fields ive been to yet but its small little area so not that many people as it is maybe 20-30 however when i paintball with some friends on their property a girl plays

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 12:53pm

Originally posted by Slimz.357 Slimz.357 wrote:

Hey Superman, DOWN BOY!  <irrelevant crap deleted>

Spoken like somebody who hasn't seen HondaXR in action.  Just give him time.

Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 1:02pm

You know, I read this post and really had to think about what the ethnic make up of the games I've played in had been.  I guess it's gotten to the point where that's something I don't concously register until someone brings it up. 

Taking the time to think back about it, I don't think there has been a single ethnic group I haven't seen represented on the paintball field.  Same goes for gender and physical build either.  I've seen guys that look like they could BE a bunker playing paintball, doing well at it, and having a great time!

I hope one day Dr. King's dream can be fulfilled...the dream of not having to have any group diferentiate themselves from others because we are all equal.  We're all Americans...well, except those of you here from Canada or other foriegn countries...but you get the idea.

New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 1:37pm
I don't see how a sport could be racist anyways... it's not called KKKball or anything.
For Honor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike, stupid sexual slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote For Honor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 1:41pm
the best guy it my feild is black, he doesnt have the best gun, but he has the most skill
Jeremy578 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Retarded filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:

wow. ive never accually seen a black paintballer.......hm.
borntopaint View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Likes to eat "Meat"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borntopaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 3:32pm
i hav noticed it a lil but i hav taken most if not all of My black friends pbing   and if i haven't then they have expressed interest in it and i have made an effort to get them out there   i dont think its  "racist" but i do think it is a sport that white people hav more interest in than black people   just the way  basketball is more interesting to black people than it is to white people (now dont start an arguement about that its just an example)

"I normally refrain from conversation during gestation."
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 3:47pm

Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

I'd Say somthing but Nah...

It Has to do something with Real Guns but n/m

what? that they are too busy out shooting people with real guns?

notice I didnt comment on who I was speaking of...

hoginds24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
who’s the ph00l now?!?!?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoginds24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 4:41pm
The kid who got me into paintball is black. He sucks.
Ive played with a girl.
Oh, and i totally agree with whoever was talking about the "afrcan-american" thing we are called white because of our skin. Im going into a full argument with the next teacher to say that.

Edited by hoginds24
[IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6924/willproducsv6.jpg">
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 5:17pm
Research shows that there's actually more genetic difference between two Africans in different areas of Africa than there is between white and black people in America.
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 10:05am
These three guys won MVT at the limited paint scenario I played in this weekend. They are some of the most aggressive players I've seen on a scenario field. They kept up with me and mine all weekend, which is pretty gung-ho.

Edited by Dazed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic