Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Germanater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germanater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick question
    Posted: 18 October 2004 at 6:22am

Exactly what do new barrels do?Not flatline but just normal new barrels.Thats what I've been told to get after I get my 98 custom.Do they just screw on like normal ones or do you need tool?

Thanks,Tyler

Vote Bush/Cheney 2004
xXxdrumbyxXx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXxdrumbyxXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 7:58am
They give u a better range and  acuracy,the inside of the barrel is pollished so it comes out alot betterthe flatlines nouthing great. smartparts teardrop 14 inch will tak care of u. On rbay its like 40 bucks brand new. It screw on like a reglar barrel so its easy to put on and take off. The flatline is different though.
04 Ebladed Orracle Autococker
Pure Energy 68/4500
Egg with Zboard
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 10:52am

Drumby, have you ever owned and used the Flatline, if you havent, then you dont know what yer talkin bout.

As fer the barrel question, most stock barrels on any marker isnt all what its cracked up to be, theyre not accurate, they are there jus to look good and are alot louder than any upgraded barrel when used and not all barrels will fit on yer 98c for example, you want to put a Spyder barrel on yer 98c, a barrel adapter would be needed in order fer the Spyder barrel to used on a Tippmannn marker.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
stanley2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanley2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 10:58am

A new barrel will usually give better accuracy and longer range, after reading a lot I am getting a J&J 12" ceramic for my 98.

There are barrels for each marker, so get the model that is made for yours, so you donīt need an adapter.

Saludos
Tippmann 98C
DOP Bullet Drop 2522 Black
DOP Rocket Cock II
DOP 98C RVA
Tippmann VA
DOP X-Core
J&J Pro 1 12" Barrel
Polished Internals
9oz 12oz 20ozCO2 and 47ci 3000psiHPA
Zeus G1
PB_freak-04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PB_freak-04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 1:11pm
the only thing a barrel needs for a accuracy and rang is a
tighter bore size. the lengh of the barrel dosnt actually have
anything to do with range belive it or not. its the bore size that
gives it better accuracy and alittle bit of better range. the length
of the barrell helps only a little bit. when the bore size is a bit
tighter, it gives it better air efficency, little bit of range, better
accuracy. hope this helps!
Capt.EAST COAST CREW**

www.autocockerhelp.tk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germanater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 3:10pm

I plan on getting a 98 custom so what would be a good barrel?Not too expensive cause I spend money on other things too (mainly accesories for my real rifles).Oh,and so they help with range and accuracy?Thats good cause I like the ability to reach out and touch someone.

Thanks,Tyler

Vote Bush/Cheney 2004
Bonestock98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonestock98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 3:34pm
A new barrel will help with range a little. It will also make your gun quieter. Usually you can get a barrel with threads to match your gun but if you can't you'll need an adapter. I'd go with a J&J ceramic 12' for speedball 14'-16' for woods. Hope this helps.

F.A.T.T.S.W.F.A.-Forumers Against Things That Start With "Forumers Against"
DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 4:01pm

get a J&J ceramic 12 or 14 inch. they are $38 where i am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germanater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 4:29pm

I play in woods so I would get the 14" right?Alrighty then.Do you need an adapter for a 98 custom?I hope not.

Vote Bush/Cheney 2004
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 4:45pm
J&J makes a 14 " barrel with threads to match the 98c , just make sure thats what you order ,or select .
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germanater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 5:30pm

Would a new barrel be the only thing reccomended?I dont want full auto or crap like that that costs hundreds more though.BTW when I told my friend that I am gettinga 98 custom he said that I am dumb cause he says that Spyders are ten times better.He has a Rodeo.

Thanks,Tyler

Edited by Germanater
Vote Bush/Cheney 2004
Kevin Z View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 5:50pm

Look down the inside of a Stock Tippmann barrel. You will notice that it is rough, matty and you can see the machine cutting marks in it.

Now pick up a upgrade barrel, It will be mirror polished, super shiny.

It is this micro-honed polish that makes the barrel good, less resistance, and no odd friction points that put spin on the ball.

Take care of your 98 and it will still be your baby long after his spyder rodeo has crumbled into dust.
United States Marine Corps....   When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight!

Just say NO to junk mods
twistedkev1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twistedkev1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 6:16pm
i heard after the ball is shot 14 in. in the barrel from the front bolt that is slows down the ball. If your going to get a new barrel i would say get a flatline. I have one and it awsome! And you friend says ur dumb for getting a 98 custom, i would agree with him because tippmanns are known for durability and most upgradible.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 6:25pm

Don't get the flat line, it is not worth it. There is no difference between the 12" J&J ceramic and the 14" other then 2 inches. If you are in the woods and running around trees you might want to get the 12". If you are playing speedball and want to play more profile you can get the 14" and push the barrel into the side of the air bunker. Tippmanns are way better then spiders in the long run, get some new tippmann-loving friends

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germanater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 6:57pm

No love for tippmann where I live exept for the people that have them.I bet I will whip my friends when I get mine.Oh just wondering who actually uses the sights on the guns?I do and hate it when they dont have em'.Oh and I dont really like flatlines for one reason and one reason only.COST.Tippmann,if your listening,LOWER THE PRICES FOR US POOR PEOPLE.

Thanks,Tyler

Vote Bush/Cheney 2004
Tikiman. View Drop Down

Strike 1, Language (F10)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikiman. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 7:01pm
theyre only 120  and i never use sights i bored it down to lower profile. no one ever aims anyway
BeAcHbLoNdiEof08: did i do good
@5 M@$T@ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @5 M@$T@ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 7:05pm

You get better accuracy and range. If you buy a barrel that is made for your gun then it will screw right in but if its made for a diferent gun you have to buy a thread protector(ex. Spyder to 98 threads, Angel to A-5 threads) 

I'm going to the darkside...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germanater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 7:12pm

Ok I think I get it now.So can anyone give me any links to some place that sells those J&J barrels?

Thanks,Tyler

Vote Bush/Cheney 2004
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 7:15pm
Most people do not use their sights. Most people look down the side of the barrel. It is more accurate to look down the side of the barrel then using the sights for me. I also have to look down the barrel because i have a vertical feed autococker. I did look down the side of the barrel with my 98c though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germanater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 7:49pm

Well the sights give me a general idea of where the ball is going.So....anyone have any links for J&J barrels?

Thanks,Tyler

Vote Bush/Cheney 2004
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic