Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

carbine with flatline?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
boobsahoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boobsahoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: carbine with flatline?
    Posted: 17 October 2004 at 10:44pm
can u put a flatline on the carbine?
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by boobsahoy boobsahoy wrote:

can u put a flatline on the carbine?

only with tons of machiening

or a 98 to carbine barrel adapter, wich are as easy to come by like a superchromium barrel

Edited by 636andy636
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 3:01am
Well, thats if he can actually find a Flatline adapter that can fit on a carbine...but, like what Andy said, you need to do some serious machining to make it work and thats a good idea though, Im suprise Tippmann hasnt done that.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 10:36am
Originally posted by 636andy636 636andy636 wrote:

or a 98 to carbine barrel adapter, wich are as easy to come by like a superchromium barrel

Yeah, its really difficult to find a 98 to carb/a5 adapter.....

That doesnt work anyway, if you put a flatline adapter in a 98 thread adapter, the flatline adapter ends up 90 degrees offset.
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 11:10am

You'd need to mod it quite a bit but it would eventually go on if you got the custom to carbine barrel adapter and then put the Flaltine adapter in that. The gun would look pretty crappy though.

I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 3:43pm
^^It does look crappy. I believe it was either in the Marker gallery or Paintball Ideas forum that someone actually did it. It took lots of time and effort, but the finished project didnt look .....finished.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Grunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 5:36pm
Wait a second if the pro/carbine and A5 use the same threads why not just put an A5 flatline on the pro/carbine?
98 Custom
Flatline
CAR stock

Pro/Carbine stock
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 5:48pm
The A5 flatline has no threads the a5 actually has interchangable barrel threads stock it comes with the Carbine threads for the Flatline you remove all thread adapters from the a5.

And yes it is possible to put a 98c flatline onto a carbine but is porbly not worth the effort.

The flatline is a great barrel (I had one on my old 98c) but the amount of time and effort is not woth the slight added USEABLE distance.
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 5:51pm
enos you should make something like that for your carbine, that combination with your overdrive kit would be awesome.

DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 6:51pm
Not worth the effort. I would not put the flatline on my gun if it was possible.
tipp-ed off View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp-ed off Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 7:06pm

But what I do I do because I like to do.
www.chaospaintball.us

Detz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Detz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 7:14pm
^^ dude thats awesome ... how does it work?
DETZ
A-5
20oz Pure Energy on/off
flatline
to come:
lapco bigshot
HPA - still not sure
BigGun View Drop Down
Strike 1: Flaming and general idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 7:22pm
Wow.
A-5 w/ 12IN. Lapco Bigshot.
R/T
20oz. and 16oz. tanks.

98c with 14In. Terminator
14oz. and 9oz. tanks.
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 7:26pm
wow that actually looks cool.
I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic