Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x-core chamber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dballz27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dballz27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x-core chamber
    Posted: 17 October 2004 at 9:39pm

i just bought a x-core x-chamber for my 98c......i tryed it out for the first time today....when i shoot....there is lots of smoke that comes out of the gun i couldnt even see where my paint balls were flying............i thought the x-chamber was supose to fix that?.

another thing i noticed was that my barrel froze up..(like had frost on it)

this could have been becasue it was cold outside....but i never noticed this before.

anyone know why its doing this?

MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 11:06am
u might have installed it wron or screwed up something else when youi nstalled it. Gas shouldn't leak out of your gun.
I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
dballz27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dballz27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 4:00pm
no its no leaking out of my gun....its just that when i shoot....theres lots of smoke that comes out of the barrel
dballz27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dballz27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 10:06pm
so does anyone know is this is normal or what?
jyon_sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jyon_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2004 at 7:52am
how many stages does the xchamber have, even with an e/c in really cold weather ur gonna get snow in your gun, you ought to buy an anti syphon or remote, thattle solve the prob
A5 with lots of expensive milsim stuff

dballz27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dballz27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 4:42pm

i have the X-core chamber....which i believe has like 8 chambers...and i dont have an r/t or electro gun...im talking just one shot at a time.....lots of white is comming out of barrel...(not really noticeing that snow flaky stuff....just lots of white smoke)

dballz27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dballz27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 8:58pm
anyone...???????? ireally need to know if i did somthing wrong or what?
scenarioballer7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scenarioballer7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 10:48pm
I noticed the same exact thing when I used to have CO2, it always seemed that my gun had like 10 times the smoke as other guns without Xchambers, especially in cold or humid weather. as for your balls getting frost on them, I dont really know. my best guess would be that theres liquid CO2 getting up into the valve and spraying on the ball when its being fired.
04 Vision SH((0))CKER with << otherstuff>>
♦♠♣☻☺○♣╒&nb sp;     562;846T╚"‼,X>▲
MacGyver's little NinJa
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2004 at 6:46am
I don't know if this will help but did u use loctite?
I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
rmorey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Made it by a Hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2004 at 7:46am

You are getting too much liquid co2 into your gun.  The real question is why?  Are you playing normally, or are you shooting your gun pointing down (this can force liquid co2 into your gun).  Now matter how good the expansion chamber is, if it's filling with liquid, it won't work. 

Keep in mind that a full co2 bottle is actually about 1/3 liquid and 2/3 gas.  In between games at my local field, I see a lot of people pointing their gun down almost all of the time.  While this seems like a safe thing to do, it also lets all of the liquid settle down into the gun, where you don't want it.  (somthing to think about...)

You are never beaten until you admit it.
- G. Patton
TrippiN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrippiN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2004 at 7:48am
^--- he knows what hes talking about..
Spyder Imagine 2k4
---
-14" Custom barrel
-DOP Xcore 8stage X Chamber
-DOP Bullet Drop
-12v Revvy w/x board
----
A-5 Mastermind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Mastermind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 6:09pm
so does all x-cores do this? cause i want to buy one
lil A-5 dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil A-5 dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by rmorey rmorey wrote:

You are getting too much liquid co2 into your gun.  The real question is why?  Are you playing normally, or are you shooting your gun pointing down (this can force liquid co2 into your gun).  Now matter how good the expansion chamber is, if it's filling with liquid, it won't work. 

Keep in mind that a full co2 bottle is actually about 1/3 liquid and 2/3 gas.  In between games at my local field, I see a lot of people pointing their gun down almost all of the time.  While this seems like a safe thing to do, it also lets all of the liquid settle down into the gun, where you don't want it.  (somthing to think about...)

in reality the tank is 68% liquid but other than that you got it right if you  get a remote you should be fine
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 8:04pm

its simply because its cold out. when its under 55degrees, the co2 can not easily change from liquid to gas. resulting in some liquid in your gun, regaurdless of an x-chamber.

you can fix this problem by doing this http://tippmann.com/players/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID =116151&KW=triggerhappy1&bhcp=1

Hemi Charger 42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemi Charger 42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 8:50pm
my x-core does that to, but on mine after i start shootin a few rounds, say 10-15, it starts lettin up a little bit. ive heard that an angled asa can help, like the stock one. i have the DOP pro-style drop, the big square one, and it has a straight asa, so i dont know if thats part of the problem or what
1manteam98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1manteam98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 9:05pm

98 custom
hyperstar bolt
16"winforce barrel
rocket cock II
car stock
camo covers(tank and hopper)
4+1 camo harness
coiled remote
Crossfire 47ci/3000psi nitro
Hunter Green Paintjob
rmorey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Made it by a Hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by lil A-5 dude lil A-5 dude wrote:

in reality the tank is 68% liquid but other than that you got it right if you  get a remote you should be fine

No... it's actually 34% :
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/gasses/co2dynamics .shtml#3

I hate to quote a website for my source, because you can find anything on the internet, but this article explains why your 68% is  wrong (density of water vs co2).

Edited by rmorey
You are never beaten until you admit it.
- G. Patton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic