Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snipers
    Posted: 10 October 2004 at 1:55pm
<1 meg sig = bad>
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 2:04pm
that guys just goofy...
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 2:53pm

Originally posted by rockerdoode rockerdoode wrote:

that guys just goofy...

your sig is wayyyy to big

<1 meg sig = bad>
g2hooligan View Drop Down

Guested, foul mouth malcontent

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 3:23pm

Sniping is a Role. Same as Demolitions, General, Spy, etc....The only difference is that being a sniper can be adapted to any game. May it be Woodsball, Rec ball, or Scenario Ball. I do not believe that is is fair that people continue to bash snipers. Do people ever bash the guys running around w/ PVC pipes shooting Tanks? Or what about the guys who make Tanks? You need to take all this into consideration before anyone of you opens your mouth. think about it.

i am in fact a sniper, and i own a ghillie suit, and no matter how much that video emphasises the fact that camo is camo and if you are quiet and only shoot once you will not be found....it doenst matter. we have tools that give us the extra edge on regular players. a teammate of mine got 8 barrel tags when he was playin in the last scenario. what was he wearing? a ghillie suit. and where was he? lying on a trail, and as people walked by, he poked em and they were out. okay? so sniping DOES exist in paintball, it just has to be adapted to fit the differences in which there is between paintball and modern warfare.

Just htink about it everyone.....

-Hooligan-

OSOK
UnknownJoker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 3:35pm

if you think about it snipers are in paintball so i dont know what he's talkin about

i take sig requests
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by g2hooligan g2hooligan wrote:

Sniping is a Role. Same as Demolitions, General, Spy, etc....The only difference is that being a sniper can be adapted to any game. May it be Woodsball, Rec ball, or Scenario Ball. I do not believe that is is fair that people continue to bash snipers. Do people ever bash the guys running around w/ PVC pipes shooting Tanks? Or what about the guys who make Tanks? You need to take all this into consideration before anyone of you opens your mouth. think about it.

i am in fact a sniper, and i own a ghillie suit, and no matter how much that video emphasises the fact that camo is camo and if you are quiet and only shoot once you will not be found....it doenst matter. we have tools that give us the extra edge on regular players. a teammate of mine got 8 barrel tags when he was playin in the last scenario. what was he wearing? a ghillie suit. and where was he? lying on a trail, and as people walked by, he poked em and they were out. okay? so sniping DOES exist in paintball, it just has to be adapted to fit the differences in which there is between paintball and modern warfare.

-Hooligan-

Oh NOES U ES TEH SNiP-ERR DUD

RUn!!!!!1111
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 3:52pm

-Hooligan-

Very well put.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 3:56pm
*Ripped off Reb's sig, but it fits so perfectly here*

"Why do the "sniper" crowd think that they are the only ones who "sneak" or use "stealth" on the field. I guess the rest of us travel with a brass band and flags waving just so we get noticed."
~OS

Anyhow when I see a person call themselves a "sniper"  this is what I see.

i iS teh SNIPP-ER DUD!! I WILL SNIP-ER U!!!

I ES 2 GOOD FER U!! u CNT C ME!!!!
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 4:01pm
Take english again? =)

Edited by Glassjaw
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 4:45pm

So much to explain.......

i want to point out that most players do not focus on stealth. they go along paths and attack objectives head on. Yes, there ARE players who DO sneak and use stealth, and NO this does not make them a sniper. And honestly.....did anyone ever make any statements about every other player traveling with a brass band and such? No.

The difference between a sniper and a regular player is that of the art in which we play paintball. We dont attack head on, we dont follow commonly used trails, we can play all day w/o having to fire one shot if it wouldnt be beneficial to anyone. We can sit in wait for hours if it will benefit our team. We have patience, and above all....we MASTER the art of camoflauge, covert movement, the art of 1 well placed shot, recon, and of course we are a pshycological *sp?* factor. If you know a sniper is on the other team, you WILL think twice before crossin an open trail, or attacking the back of an objective. That hesitasion is exactly what we wait for. 

How many people here can say that they played a full scenario game and shot less then 200 balls? i can...why? because when i shoot someone, they are the important players. they are not just some player, a sniper attacks players of importance. (generals, heavy weapons, demolitions, etc....) We go out on special missins for generals in scenario games that the average player, or group of players could not, such as assassinations of the other general, defense of bottlenecks, recon, ambushes, etc.....Yes, some players could do these thigns, but not to the same effect of a sniper.

Example: Instead of sending 30 guys to hold a bottle neck or bridge, and have that many less people attackin a main objective, you could place 4 or 5 snipers and have the same effect. why? because the first people that move across the bridge, when eliminated, will not know where it came from. Of course at this point the rest of the other team fires like crazy and gets behind cover. And this whole time we havent fired another shot and are still unseen. Once the other team is behind a bunker or other form of cover, its simply target practice. A head will pop up here looking for someone...SPLAT. 1 more elimination, and at this point the sniper that fires moves to another spot. While this sniper moves, others have the job of covering the bridge. Basically......a few snipers can do what 30-40 regular players can do.

Sniping is an art that you must perfect over a long period of time, it is not something that just anyone can do. I cant stress enough the fact that snipers are as much a part of paintball as the paintball itself. We keep it interesting, keep you wondering if you are next, keep you watching your back, and most of all keep you fearing the "Bang........Splat.....Out.....Silence".

ne more statments of ignorance i need to argue?
-Hooligan-

OSOK
SawMan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 5:22pm

Our team has used snipers to pin down the opposition in multiple scenarios. In one CTF, one guy kept 70% of their team heads-down in bunkers while we crept up on them. That was AFTER he eliminated their leader...

Tippmann A5 w/RT
18" Dye Boomstick
14" Commando F/X
M4 Stock
Weaver foregrip
Offset Tasco RD Scope
Remote w/20oz CO2
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 5:32pm

i want to point out that most players do not focus on stealth. they go along paths and attack objectives head on. Yes, there ARE players who DO sneak and use stealth, and NO this does not make them a sniper. And honestly.....did anyone ever make any statements about every other player traveling with a brass band and such? No.

The difference between a sniper and a regular player is that of the art in which we play paintball. We dont attack head on, we dont follow commonly used trails, we can play all day w/o having to fire one shot if it wouldnt be beneficial to anyone. We can sit in wait for hours if it will benefit our team. We have patience, and above all....we MASTER the art of camoflauge, covert movement, the art of 1 well placed shot, recon, and of course we are a pshycological *sp?* factor. If you know a sniper is on the other team, you WILL think twice before crossin an open trail, or attacking the back of an objective. That hesitasion is exactly what we wait for. 

How many people here can say that they played a full scenario game and shot less then 200 balls? i can...why? because when i shoot someone, they are the important players. they are not just some player, a sniper attacks players of importance. (generals, heavy weapons, demolitions, etc....) We go out on special missins for generals in scenario games that the average player, or group of players could not, such as assassinations of the other general, defense of bottlenecks, recon, ambushes, etc.....Yes, some players could do these thigns, but not to the same effect of a sniper.

Example: Instead of sending 30 guys to hold a bottle neck or bridge, and have that many less people attackin a main objective, you could place 4 or 5 snipers and have the same effect. why? because the first people that move across the bridge, when eliminated, will not know where it came from. Of course at this point the rest of the other team fires like crazy and gets behind cover. And this whole time we havent fired another shot and are still unseen. Once the other team is behind a bunker or other form of cover, its simply target practice. A head will pop up here looking for someone...SPLAT. 1 more elimination, and at this point the sniper that fires moves to another spot. While this sniper moves, others have the job of covering the bridge. Basically......a few snipers can do what 30-40 regular players can do.

Sniping is an art that you must perfect over a long period of time, it is not something that just anyone can do. I cant stress enough the fact that snipers are as much a part of paintball as the paintball itself. We keep it interesting, keep you wondering if you are next, keep you watching your back, and most of all keep you fearing the "Bang........Splat.....Out.....Silence".

-Hooligan-

I WILL SNIP-ERR U!!!!
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 5:34pm
^^^^ Yes these kind of players do exsist and are somewhat effective.  BUT they do NOT replace us regulare guys and they are NOT SNIPERS.

A sniper is the guys shooting 1 mile shots off and pinning a guy in the head.  This is physically impossible in paintball also ALL paintball guns are built with the exact same distance (Flatlines excluded but even there not near a snipers advatage).  

I dont care how good you think you shoot but no matter what you do the elements can alwaysd affect your shot so one shot hits are not always possible. 

I too save my paint and try my dangest to make my shots count.  BUT i dont sit and CAMP for "HOURS" to find my target i go out there and have some fun this is a game i dont pay my $$ to sit on the ground and pl;y pretend Siper you want to be a sniper join the armed forces and put your "Skills to good use".

Rant end.

AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
SawMan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

-Hooligan-

I WILL SNIP-ERR U!!!!

anything else constructive?

EDIT: I believe the term "sniper" is being used very loosely here...of course you cant get the incredible range in pb that snipers use in real combat, but you CAN use the same tactics. What are you going to call someone who camos up, crawls around, gets to a good position, and eliminates with the least amount of ammo? Right...ill just call them a sniper thank you

Edited by SawMan
Tippmann A5 w/RT
18" Dye Boomstick
14" Commando F/X
M4 Stock
Weaver foregrip
Offset Tasco RD Scope
Remote w/20oz CO2
Betterdays View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 5:42pm

-Hooligan-

No, I think you've made more than enough ignorant statements already.

The one about being equal to 30-40 normal players buried the needle on my Bull-o-meter.

Now about the topic in general:

The style of play generally described by "paintball snipers" is NOT what snipers do. Period. I don't understand why there is this constant confusion...play you're game...enjoy it...be good at it...just stop calling it sniping. It has basically no resemblance to real sniping. It's light infantry recon and ambush tactics...that's it. If you need to call yourself something to make you feel important, call yourself a "ranger."

When you call yourself a sniper to people who know what that word actually means you look like an idiot. It's like being a pilot and calling yourself an astronaut...just because they both go up in the sky.

Edited by Betterdays
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 5:46pm
^^ DEAD ON you got the exact words i was trying to say.
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
roadrunner0535 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 5:46pm
dude...i agree w/ wat he said...snipers r people who shoot from concealed spots...so we are all snipers...yet none of us r snipers(and he forgot 2 mention the if u have a flatline, u'll shoot farther then more peeps)
98c seclusion
14" dye ultralite
rufus dawg 2x stick trigg
remote
full-auto mod
My 98C
100% smart parts
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by SawMan SawMan wrote:

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

-Hooligan-

I WILL SNIP-ERR U!!!!

anything else constructive?

EDIT: I believe the term "sniper" is being used very loosely here...of course you cant get the incredible range in pb that snipers use in real combat, but you CAN use the same tactics. What are you going to call someone who camos up, crawls around, gets to a good position, and eliminates with the least amount of ammo? Right...ill just call them a sniper thank you

Trust me kiddo, my post was about 50 times more constructive than that of our little snipp-er dude's.

And as for that person who crawls and sneaks, I call him your average player.  Read Reb's sig.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 7:44pm

well.....yall are mostly wrong. sorry, but you are.

first off....BearClaw. See, one of the many advantages of being a sniper is cost-efficency. No air-refills every 20 minutes, and 1k of paint will last you 2 scenario games, or 4-5 recball sesions. So i dont pay my arse off to play sniper either. And yes, there are always factors that can throw off your paintball (wind, temp, humidity, range, light, etc...) and as a sniper, it is our job to predict the affects that those current conditions will have on the flight of the paintball. Same happens in real life sniper situation....the sniper must predict the effects of the temp, wind, distance, mirage, lighting, elevation, etc.... so that when he does fire his shot, it will hit the target. we do the exact same thing. we take everything into consideration. we hardly miss.

second...darur. <--this kid right here is why pre-pubesent children should not be allowed onto forums.

third....sawman. You are correct, you obviously cant get the same range, but we use the same tactics. What else would you call someone who will lay in wait for hours, wearing a ghillie suit, shooting 1 shot at a time, and getting 1 elimination per shot? We are snipers, the ONLY thing that we do not share w/ real snipers would be that of the distance.

fourth....betterdays. Well son, i want to point out that in fact the 30-40 guys thing actually HAS happend, and im sure it happens quite frequently when snipers are deployed currectly. I blieve sawman also proved this point in his early post.....so if you could just quiet down about things you dont know....id appreciate it....thanks. Oh, and to make you feel even more like an idiot then you already should.....i know of, talked to, and played with ex-military snipers.....so uh......nope, they didnt think i was an idiot...oh, and wait a second....let me check....yeup, they were playing sniper too. huh, odd? i coulda sworn you knew all and were right bout everytnig....guess not. And you analogy about pilots and astronauts really makes no sense.....nothign has been stated that drastic.

fith....roadrunner. DUDE, your wrong. hush. regardless of what dictonaries say, a sniper is not JUST someone who shots from a concealed position. so many different things must be taken into acount before firing the shot, while firing the shot, while the shot has already been fired and is traveling to its target, and after the shot has hit its mark. i dont just shoot from a concealed position, otherwise i, like the others in this thread, would be basic noobs whos skill level never graduates because of thier close-mindedness. but no, im not that kind of person. sorry. so yes, snipers do exist.

last, and surely not least.....WHAT DO YOU CALL A GUY WHO RUNS AROUND WITH PVC PIPE AND A NERF BALL? a demolitions man. when that nerf hits something does it blow up? nope. WHAT DO YOU CALL A BOX ON WHEELS WITH PEOPLE IN IT SHOOTING PAINT OUT OF LITTLE SLITS? a tank. but is it really a tank? no. So basically.....yall cant talk bad about snipers and say they dont exist if you dont want to call all the roles in paintball games fake.

oh, and please everyone.....dont forget the fact that we are all copying something. are we all not copying real militants? the only difference is we are shooting paint. not bullets. so take your arguments to someone who cant answer them please. i think ive proven my point. snipers do exist. deal with it. and if anyone wants to challenge me and my fellow snipers, feel FREE to join us at PMI's Texas Throwdown. we will be the bushes that are continually shooting you and your $150 goggle systems......

-Hooligan-

OSOK
SawMan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 7:49pm
I have read his sig and can understand his (and your) POV. You expressed your opinion, successfully i might add, yet you still feel simple logic (which you no doubt possess according to your second post) is not enough. You persist to reply simply with "I WILL SNIP-ERR U!!!!". My friend, how exactly is this constructive under the current situation? I have my own opinion, you have yours. But I do not assault the other side with comments that can be described as, in your own words: "pure stupidity". Just my two cents. Flame away!

Tippmann A5 w/RT
18" Dye Boomstick
14" Commando F/X
M4 Stock
Weaver foregrip
Offset Tasco RD Scope
Remote w/20oz CO2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic