Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSnipers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
JunoTrevan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 10:11pm

Hooligan chill. I agree that was a bit uncalled for.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 10:13pm
Good freakin' lord.

Grow up kid.

I leave this thread thinking its done and I get this little post.

Hooligan, you suck at life, you should quit.

This is a debate, not a flame fest.  Your goal should be to prove me wrong, not post such crap.

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by g2hooligan g2hooligan wrote:

So much to explain.......

i want to point out that most players do not focus on stealth. They have to in the woods, or they're done for. they go along paths and attack objectives head on. No they don't. Yes, there ARE players who DO sneak and use stealth, like.....all of us? and NO this does not make them a sniper. And honestly.....did anyone ever make any statements about every other player traveling with a brass band and such? No. It's a statement concerning that you kids are the ones who figure you're more sneaky than the rest of us.

The difference between a sniper and a regular player is that of the art in which we play paintball. I disagree VanGough. We dont attack head on,  we dont follow commonly used trails, Neither do I we can play all day w/o having to fire one shot if it wouldnt be beneficial to anyone. HOW the hell is that beneficial? We can sit in wait for hours if it will benefit our team. Hours? in a paintball game? Grow up.We have patience, and above all....we MASTER the art of camoflauge, covert movement, the art of 1 well placed shot, recon, and of course we are a pshycological *sp?* factor. If you know a sniper is on the other team, you WILL think twice before crossin an open trail, or attacking the back of an objective. That hesitasion is exactly what we wait for. How old are you? I sincerely DOUBT you've mastered camoflage. Or movement. Or even your own markers yet.

How many people here can say that they played a full scenario game and shot less then 200 balls? Me. i can...why? because when i shoot someone, they are the important players. They're all important. If they can put a ball on the side of your head, they're as important as any general our there swift. they are not just some player, a sniper attacks players of importance. (generals, heavy weapons, demolitions, etc....) Get a load of this crap right here.We go out on special missins (sp?) for generals in scenario games that the average player, or group of players could not, such as assassinations of the other general, defense of bottlenecks, recon, ambushes, etc.....Yes, some players could do these thigns, but not to the same effect of a sniper. Wow, you really put a lot of time into this justification for this crap didn't you?

Example: Instead of sending 30 guys to hold a bottle neck or bridge, and have that many less people attackin a main objective, you could place 4 or 5 snipers and have the same effect. why? because the first people that move across the bridge, when eliminated, will not know where it came from. Of course at this point the rest of the other team fires like crazy and gets behind cover. And this whole time we havent fired another shot and are still unseen. Once the other team is behind a bunker or other form of cover, its simply target practice. A head will pop up here looking for someone...SPLAT. Because your marker is SO much more accurate than mine is. 1 more elimination, and at this point the sniper that fires moves to another spot. While this sniper moves, others have the job of covering the bridge. Basically......a few snipers can do what 30-40 regular players can do.  EEEEEEEHHH Wrong.

Sniping is an art that you must perfect over a long period of time,ANd at 14 years old you've spent HOW much time perfecting this art Vassily?  it is not something that just anyone can do. Right, noone can do it. I cant stress enough the fact that snipers are as much a part of paintball as the paintball itself. That's cute. it really is. We keep it interesting, keep you wondering if you are next, keep you watching your back, and most of all keep you fearing the "Bang........Splat.....Out.....Silence". Hollywood really has you by the short ones don't they?

HAHAHAHAHAHHA Someone has seen "Sniper" and "Enemy at the Gates" too many times. You'll grow up someday.  

ne more statments of ignorance i need to argue?
-Hooligan-

I think that just about covers it.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 12:12am

Okay kids, wake up and listen.

I'm locking this thread after I post, because I can, and this stupid crap/flame fest has gone on long enough. I'm going to be blunt because some of you little ones don't understand anything BUT being beaten over the head with things.

You aren't snipers. You're obsessed with an image presented to you by the box office hits. Let me give you a little run through here.

So You:
1. Hide. So can I.
2. Sneak around. So can I
3. Perform 'missions.' So can I.
4. Wear camoflage. So do I.
5. Shoot at longer ranges, which is your ultimate advantage over the rest of the world.
No you don't.

That's all the points you're arguing. I do all the same things you do, except wear a silly suit and pretend that I'm Tom Beringer. I do the same crap you do. So does everyone here who plays woodsball. You have NOTHING on us. NOTHING  
Grow up, snap out of the hollywood induced stupor that you've been handed, You are a paintball player. You aren't a sniper.

If you ask around, take a quick poll of the players in here, you'll notice that it's the older players, the guys who have been around and have played for any legnth of time, who disagree with and disprove the 'sniper theory' There's the occasional guy who refuses to believe, but that's because the shattering of illusions is painful. For the most part it's the new players who seek to be the greatest thing since sliced bread who try and call themselves snipers. They usually learn in a year or so when they realize that hiding behind a bush while their teammates get shot up that they're really serving NO useful purposes.

You'll come around eventually. And if I see another sniper thread like this one appear done up by any of you, It's getting shut down ASAP.

Have a teriffic evening.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic