FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSnipers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:01pm
ever notice how al these so called snipers usually have less then 20 posts and one star lol
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by JunoTrevan JunoTrevan wrote:

Oh yes, I would like to add on out of shear bordem that it is POSSIBLE to calculate almost exactly where the ball will hit on a target using some rather simple physics. But this is not PRACTICAL in the field. I think I might actually try it out sometime just for kicks though in a lab type set up though. Of course you can never get it dead on everytime, but you can get it with a very slight margin of error.

Also, campers are sometimes necessary. They get annoying when they arn't necessary and they just stay back there and do nothing. When you have to defend a building from an onslaught of people though and you only have two people, not much you can do but sit tight and camp for a bit. Nothing wrong with a little productive camping in my opinion. Nothing worse than your camper being so far away from the action he doesn't even know when the game is over though.

I dont know about you but I sure dont sit in the field with a calculater trying to figure out where my paintball is going to go . . .
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
SawMan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:03pm

BearClaw, I still don't understand why you feel it is necessary to regress to comments such as "POS 'Sniper skillz'" to prove your point. Have I, in any of my posts, called myself a sniper? Did I ever say i was better than anyone else on the course? Now could you please think before you post next time, let adults like Darur talk it out. Now back on topic. I find woodsball scenarios interesting, that just may not be your cup of tea. But, unknown to you all, I also enjoy speedball/hyperball. I play frontman whenever I am on those courses. Two completely different styles of play, yet they are both paintball. As for the whole sniper arguement, I have my own opinion and you have yours. I don't believe that this debate has swug either side. But that is life. So as of now I am going to end my side of this arguement, unless I spot a post I cannot resist scrutinizing!

Thank you Darur for a great time (wish I had MSN, this would be very interesting in real time!)

EDIT AFTER SEEING BEARCLAWS POST- Son, just because I just joined this forum, which you are a long-time member of, makes me somehow deficient in your eyes? Again, please keep those statements to yourself, they are in no way shape or form constructive.

Edited by SawMan
Tippmann A5 w/RT
18" Dye Boomstick
14" Commando F/X
M4 Stock
Weaver foregrip
Offset Tasco RD Scope
Remote w/20oz CO2
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by g2hooligan g2hooligan wrote:

Sniping is a Role. Same as Demolitions, General, Spy, etc....The only difference is that being a sniper can be adapted to any game. May it be Woodsball, Rec ball, or Scenario Ball. I do not believe that is is fair that people continue to bash snipers. Do people ever bash the guys running around w/ PVC pipes shooting Tanks? Or what about the guys who make Tanks? You need to take all this into consideration before anyone of you opens your mouth. think about it.

i am in fact a sniper, and i own a ghillie suit, and no matter how much that video emphasises the fact that camo is camo and if you are quiet and only shoot once you will not be found....it doenst matter. we have tools that give us the extra edge on regular players. a teammate of mine got 8 barrel tags when he was playin in the last scenario. what was he wearing? a ghillie suit. and where was he? lying on a trail, and as people walked by, he poked em and they were out. okay? so sniping DOES exist in paintball, it just has to be adapted to fit the differences in which there is between paintball and modern warfare.

Just htink about it everyone.....

-Hooligan-

OMg i R teH SNIpoR i wiLL SHOOT yUO IN tEH mask from 1000 feEt Aweay dooD.

You see, people who think they are "snipers" in paintball are hurting their team more than helping, instead of being a pansy and sitting there doing nothing, they could be making moves toward the enemy flag, or whatever objective there is, or they could be taking other playes out more effectively, and more than just 1 every 2 hours.  People with pvc pipes shooting tanks, those are helpful, because they get the tank out, and or gets more than 1 person out with it.  The people who build tanks build them to help their team, not sit there and wait for 2 hours for 1 person.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
DM4_wanter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:05pm
u wat i think is funny ...... we were callin each other noobs a couple post's back and were in a freakin new player forum
DYE DM4 = $$$ but i still want it
setup: A-5, 14"tearddrop, 16 oz. Co2, e-grip, DYE invisions.
JunoTrevan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:06pm

Of course I wouldn't sit with a calculator. I was talking about a lab experiment. Sounds a little fun to me.

Why do I only have a few posts? Well, that's a simple one. I don't come here much lol. Someone pointed the topic out to me and I just came to read and ended up posting anyway. I could have sworn I had another account, but I couldn't remember the password. It only had like 20 posts on it anyway though so didn't really matter.

And this almost is real time haha.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:08pm
hey durur so far if i was a new player coming into paintballing i would agree with u so far because so far u got the best arguements and u always make ur raplys funny...even if it is against me
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:08pm
So, I think its safe to say this thread has exahusted all of its use? 
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:09pm

If you want.

I heard the question why do we like crawling around for hours. Well, why do you like Apple Jacks when they don't taste like Apple? I don't really know. It just appeals to me. I don't think anyone has anything wrong with that.

SawMan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:10pm

Well, there goes my "retirement" from this thread...Mehs, did you even bother to read the previous posts? I didn't say that our "sniper" was just sitting around. B/c if he was, you would be absolutely correct: He would be a hinderance to the team. But he did scout out the OBJ, and he did play a major role in the recovery of the OBJ, which could be comparable to a flag but you seem to be suffering from an extreme case of myopia.  

EDIT- No Durar, dont erase! I would love to read this in the future, maybe it could be locked...

Edited by SawMan
Tippmann A5 w/RT
18" Dye Boomstick
14" Commando F/X
M4 Stock
Weaver foregrip
Offset Tasco RD Scope
Remote w/20oz CO2

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:11pm
lets get another debate goin inside this one to make it longer lol lets try to make a record
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

So, I think its safe to say this thread has exahusted all of its use? 

Yes, no one's opinion will change towards "sniping" whether they beleive it or not, it's more of people who do beleive in sniping will eventually move towards not beleiving in it.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:12pm
I actually am an adult and am probly older than your self.  I type the way i talk if you dont like it wll dont read it.  I aint out here to impress anyone i just come here to speak my mind and possibly gain some knoledge and help others with the knoledge i have gained myself.  I may not be a cosure but you know what my life stly serves me well as a mechanic i dare you to walk into a Truck shop and tell the mechanics to stop swaring and being so negitive lol.

Paintball my friend is a hobby to me not a life style and in a post a few pages back you buddy posted snipers were better or as good as 40 regular players.  Thuse stateing he is better than the rest of us. 
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:12pm
I'm up for it. I have nothing to do tommorow but work on some custom projects. Let's go for it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:15pm

k make up sumthin to debate and lets go at it

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:16pm

Originally posted by BearClaw BearClaw wrote:

I actually am an adult and am probly older than your self.  I type the way i talk if you dont like it wll dont read it.  I aint out here to impress anyone i just come here to speak my mind and possibly gain some knoledge and help others with the knoledge i have gained myself.  I may not be a cosure but you know what my life stly serves me well as a mechanic i dare you to walk into a Truck shop and tell the mechanics to stop swaring and being so negitive lol.

Paintball my friend is a hobby to me not a life style and in a post a few pages back you buddy posted snipers were better or as good as 40 regular players.  Thuse stateing he is better than the rest of us. 

People like this guy here are the kind we have in our community. May or may not be a sniper, but he is there to help everyone regardless. The spread of information and knowledge is the ultimate goal in my book.

SawMan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:16pm
Believe me my friend I understand, I have worked various warehousing jobs and thus know the mentality of the workers. Paintball is my hobby (could be defined as obsession), and I love every aspect of this great sport. I never said I was better, and I agree that the 40:1 ratio is a little, lets say, skewed.
Tippmann A5 w/RT
18" Dye Boomstick
14" Commando F/X
M4 Stock
Weaver foregrip
Offset Tasco RD Scope
Remote w/20oz CO2
crazed412 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - S-Bomb (G7)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by g2hooligan g2hooligan wrote:

So much to explain.......

i want to point out that most players do not focus on stealth. they go along paths and attack objectives head on. Yes, there ARE players who DO sneak and use stealth, and NO this does not make them a sniper. And honestly.....did anyone ever make any statements about every other player traveling with a brass band and such? No.

The difference between a sniper and a regular player is that of the art in which we play paintball. We dont attack head on, we dont follow commonly used trails, we can play all day w/o having to fire one shot if it wouldnt be beneficial to anyone. We can sit in wait for hours if it will benefit our team. We have patience, and above all....we MASTER the art of camoflauge, covert movement, the art of 1 well placed shot, recon, and of course we are a pshycological *sp?* factor. If you know a sniper is on the other team, you WILL think twice before crossin an open trail, or attacking the back of an objective. That hesitasion is exactly what we wait for. 

How many people here can say that they played a full scenario game and shot less then 200 balls? i can...why? because when i shoot someone, they are the important players. they are not just some player, a sniper attacks players of importance. (generals, heavy weapons, demolitions, etc....) We go out on special missins for generals in scenario games that the average player, or group of players could not, such as assassinations of the other general, defense of bottlenecks, recon, ambushes, etc.....Yes, some players could do these thigns, but not to the same effect of a sniper.

Example: Instead of sending 30 guys to hold a bottle neck or bridge, and have that many less people attackin a main objective, you could place 4 or 5 snipers and have the same effect. why? because the first people that move across the bridge, when eliminated, will not know where it came from. Of course at this point the rest of the other team fires like crazy and gets behind cover. And this whole time we havent fired another shot and are still unseen. Once the other team is behind a bunker or other form of cover, its simply target practice. A head will pop up here looking for someone...SPLAT. 1 more elimination, and at this point the sniper that fires moves to another spot. While this sniper moves, others have the job of covering the bridge. Basically......a few snipers can do what 30-40 regular players can do.

Sniping is an art that you must perfect over a long period of time, it is not something that just anyone can do. I cant stress enough the fact that snipers are as much a part of paintball as the paintball itself. We keep it interesting, keep you wondering if you are next, keep you watching your back, and most of all keep you fearing the "Bang........Splat.....Out.....Silence".

ne more statments of ignorance i need to argue?
-Hooligan-

Very well put again. You my friend know what us snipers do and why we hate being told "snipers dont exist in paintball" In fact like playing sniper and going with a couple other snipers and getting behind enemy lines and picking off people and they get all confused and then our guys come from the front and then they just lose. Playing sniper requires skills meaning u can be really quite and actually move without being seen.
A-5
Flatline
20 oz co2
remote line
4+1 pack
Soon to come:
Sniper stock
ghillie suit
g2hooligan View Drop Down

Guested, foul mouth malcontent

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:47pm

<<Deleted, childish rant>>

i hope i get banned, this forum is nothing but spammers and haters.

Don't tempt me.

Edited by Reb Cpl
OSOK
SawMan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:51pm
Can we say "uncalled for"?
Tippmann A5 w/RT
18" Dye Boomstick
14" Commando F/X
M4 Stock
Weaver foregrip
Offset Tasco RD Scope