Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSnipers

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
DM4_wanter View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 October 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 61
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:38pm
too bad its my comp and u seem to be gettin a lot more replies but me eh? wat a line up
DYE DM4 = $$$ but i still want it
setup: A-5, 14"tearddrop, 16 oz. Co2, e-grip, DYE invisions.
Back to Top
SawMan View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 10 October 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 59
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:42pm
Darur, if you insist on continually refering to us pro-snipers as "newbs, 12-year olds, and campers", I insist that you do your homework. I, for one, am anything but a noob. I have been playing paintball for a total of 5 years. I CAN be accurate out to a rather long distance with my marker. However, I completely understand the difference between paintball and actual firearms. All paintball guns fire the same distance (barring flatlines, but as stated above they are not accurate past the normal distance) so that aspect of sniping is out of the argument. IMO people who sit in one spot, usually overwatching an OBJ, are a form of snipers. I will again use my team as an example. We have one man who imediately moves towards our OBJ and sets up a sniper post. He is armed with his marker, but more importantly, he has a radio. He reports the enemy's strengths/weaknesses back to the main force. Please tell me this is not recon. He will cover our forces if needed, but sometimes the sniper will go an entire day w/o shooting. I know that there will never be a true "Paintball Sniper", nor will I pretend I am one.  
Tippmann A5 w/RT
18" Dye Boomstick
14" Commando F/X
M4 Stock
Weaver foregrip
Offset Tasco RD Scope
Remote w/20oz CO2
Back to Top
DM4_wanter View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 October 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 61
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:42pm
u gonna reply
DYE DM4 = $$$ but i still want it
setup: A-5, 14"tearddrop, 16 oz. Co2, e-grip, DYE invisions.
Back to Top
DM4_wanter View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 October 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 61
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:45pm
way to go saw man
DYE DM4 = $$$ but i still want it
setup: A-5, 14"tearddrop, 16 oz. Co2, e-grip, DYE invisions.
Back to Top
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Stare directly into my avatar...

Joined: 03 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 9174
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by SawMan SawMan wrote:

Darur, if you insist on continually refering to us pro-snipers as "newbs, 12-year olds, and campers", I insist that you do your homework. I, for one, am anything but a noob. I have been playing paintball for a total of 5 years. I CAN be accurate out to a rather long distance with my marker. However, I completely understand the difference between paintball and actual firearms. All paintball guns fire the same distance (barring flatlines, but as stated above they are not accurate past the normal distance) so that aspect of sniping is out of the argument. IMO people who sit in one spot, usually overwatching an OBJ, are a form of snipers. I will again use my team as an example. We have one man who imediately moves towards our OBJ and sets up a sniper post. He is armed with his marker, but more importantly, he has a radio. He reports the enemy's strengths/weaknesses back to the main force. Please tell me this is not recon. He will cover our forces if needed, but sometimes the sniper will go an entire day w/o shooting. I know that there will never be a true "Paintball Sniper", nor will I pretend I am one.  


Anyone who considers themselves a sniper is a newb in my books.

What you descirbe is a camper.  Good for you, you guys place a camper who tells you whats going on.  It is not a sniper.

P.S - When I reffer to someone as a newb or a 12 year old, thats the image they project to me.  Its all in their hands.



Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Back to Top
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 August 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2101
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:46pm
Dude your fighting a lossing battel hear.  Simple solution i pick 40 members on this boad all saying snipers are non existant in paintball against you and lets set a date and place to have a match. 

Whats the outcome. 

I have had my father out with me playing a few times (He was a marksman in the army) and his first reaction to the game was at how inacurate the markers were. 

I have been in this game for about 3-4 years know i have used all sorts of differant markers from Flatlined tippys to super fast elctros.  I have played most any positon on the feild in both speed and woodsball.  I dont use alot of paint and usuall only shoot one or two shots at my target and usually go though 300balls a day.   I am the guy that is just as comfortable up front of the pack as in the shadows out back.  And in all my time and expeiance i have NEVER called my self a Sniper. 

I dont give a flying Poop what you say you can adjust too a paintball is fing round and is THE WORST projectile for accuracy and is never 100% predictable. 

So in conclushion to my argument a say if you want to keep calling your self a sniper so be i really dont care.  But you trying to say your SOOO mutch better than every body else on the feild becuse your so caled POS "Sniper skillz" well you can take that and stuff it were the sun dont shine dumb ass.


AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
Back to Top
DM4_wanter View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 October 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 61
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by SawMan SawMan wrote:

Darur, if you insist on continually refering to us pro-snipers as "newbs, 12-year olds, and campers", I insist that you do your homework. I, for one, am anything but a noob. I have been playing paintball for a total of 5 years. I CAN be accurate out to a rather long distance with my marker. However, I completely understand the difference between paintball and actual firearms. All paintball guns fire the same distance (barring flatlines, but as stated above they are not accurate past the normal distance) so that aspect of sniping is out of the argument. IMO people who sit in one spot, usually overwatching an OBJ, are a form of snipers. I will again use my team as an example. We have one man who imediately moves towards our OBJ and sets up a sniper post. He is armed with his marker, but more importantly, he has a radio. He reports the enemy's strengths/weaknesses back to the main force. Please tell me this is not recon. He will cover our forces if needed, but sometimes the sniper will go an entire day w/o shooting. I know that there will never be a true "Paintball Sniper", nor will I pretend I am one.  
i agree completely
DYE DM4 = $$$ but i still want it
setup: A-5, 14"tearddrop, 16 oz. Co2, e-grip, DYE invisions.
Back to Top
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Stare directly into my avatar...

Joined: 03 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 9174
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by DM4_wanter DM4_wanter wrote:

Originally posted by SawMan SawMan wrote:

Darur, if you insist on continually refering to us pro-snipers as "newbs, 12-year olds, and campers", I insist that you do your homework. I, for one, am anything but a noob. I have been playing paintball for a total of 5 years. I CAN be accurate out to a rather long distance with my marker. However, I completely understand the difference between paintball and actual firearms. All paintball guns fire the same distance (barring flatlines, but as stated above they are not accurate past the normal distance) so that aspect of sniping is out of the argument. IMO people who sit in one spot, usually overwatching an OBJ, are a form of snipers. I will again use my team as an example. We have one man who imediately moves towards our OBJ and sets up a sniper post. He is armed with his marker, but more importantly, he has a radio. He reports the enemy's strengths/weaknesses back to the main force. Please tell me this is not recon. He will cover our forces if needed, but sometimes the sniper will go an entire day w/o shooting. I know that there will never be a true "Paintball Sniper", nor will I pretend I am one.  
i agree completely


Kid, just shut up.

You are not contributing in the slightest.  What you are doing some might describe as trolling, or trying to cause trouble.  Knock it off.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Back to Top
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Joined: 12 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 12751
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:49pm

Originally posted by SawMan SawMan wrote:

Darur, if you insist on continually refering to us pro-snipers as "newbs, 12-year olds, and campers", I insist that you do your homework. I, for one, am anything but a noob. I have been playing paintball for a total of 5 years. I CAN be accurate out to a rather long distance with my marker. However, I completely understand the difference between paintball and actual firearms. All paintball guns fire the same distance (barring flatlines, but as stated above they are not accurate past the normal distance) so that aspect of sniping is out of the argument. IMO people who sit in one spot, usually overwatching an OBJ, are a form of snipers. I will again use my team as an example. We have one man who imediately moves towards our OBJ and sets up a sniper post. He is armed with his marker, but more importantly, he has a radio. He reports the enemy's strengths/weaknesses back to the main force. Please tell me this is not recon. He will cover our forces if needed, but sometimes the sniper will go an entire day w/o shooting. I know that there will never be a true "Paintball Sniper", nor will I pretend I am one.  

so wait... i don't know about you... but every time i play... we don't set up objectives.  we go to opposite sides of the field and say go.  we try to shoot eachother.  some of us run ahead and get into the action... some stay behind and move to the action. 

and how can your "sniper" have any fun if he is just laying down talking to you guys about whats going on.  if i went an entire day w/o shooting my gun... i'd go insane. 

jesus... just go out and shoot each other. 

Back to Top
DM4_wanter View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 October 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 61
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:52pm
u know wat i dont know y im debating on the sniper side....im not even a friggin sniper wat am i thinking???
DYE DM4 = $$$ but i still want it
setup: A-5, 14"tearddrop, 16 oz. Co2, e-grip, DYE invisions.
Back to Top
SawMan View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 10 October 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 59
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:52pm

Well, it seems that you believe "campers" are an ineffective role in the sport of paintball. That is amusing because there have been many instances where an unimportant "camper" has won the day. Without this support, a force would move in blind, oblivious to ambushes and the enemy's other defences. I have seen it happen, a force chewed up before they reach the objective. Now i know the probable reply "They are recon/scouts". So I will morph the term, how does "Scout-Sniper" sound to you?

I, for one, thoroughly enjoy this debate!

Tippmann A5 w/RT
18" Dye Boomstick
14" Commando F/X
M4 Stock
Weaver foregrip
Offset Tasco RD Scope
Remote w/20oz CO2
Back to Top
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 August 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2101
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:53pm
^^^Amen to that Procarbine.


Incase some of you have not notice this is a GAME


Edited by BearClaw
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
Back to Top
JunoTrevan View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 10 October 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 26
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:54pm

Well I didn't think that I was going to post here, but I suppose that I will anyway.

The 12 year old new guy running around with a red dot scope is not a sniper. That is a sterotype that came from many people who had never played the game before getting into it (Not sniper haters, the 12 year olds)

To me, being a sniper is not about shooting people at ecessive ranges. Being a sniper is the thrill of being assigned a task and getting it done at all costs. It's a style of play, and a way of life for many of us. One of my sniper friends is 62 years old. He is a far cry from an immature 12 year old.

While I find that in the average 15 minute game, attempting to snipe becomes rather pointless. However, I still enjoy these games because I get to practice other skills. During scenarios with much more time, I tend to snipe more. Being a sniper does not mean you have to have a ghille suit, flatline barrel, and scope. It does not mean someone who shoots from a concealed position. It is an idea that enhances the game to another dimension, and a mine expanded with new ideas never returns to it's original size.

I do not claim that I am better than you are. In all fairness, you are just as likely to get me out in a game as I am to get you. Let me tell you all why I decided to become a sniper in the first place.

When I was first starting, I was really into the idea of scenario games. I thought that was the coolest thing I had ever seen. Then I came across a sniper group and read their articles on the site. Some taught about general scenario information and tips, others were teaching tech tricks, and others were teaching personal tactics. The people were the friendliest and welcomed me and to this day I am still a prominent member in that group. We teach new players to not run around yelling "I have a red dot scope, I'm a sniper!" There are even people in our community that play in tournaments and other such games, yet still provide good information to the good of the community. The good nature show to one another in this community is what brought me to the role of a sniper.

You all can tell me that I am not a sniper if you'd like. I don't care. I can just as easily retaliate as hooligan has. I don't need to or really want to though, because I am fine with however people play out here at my field.

To me, being a sniper involves more off of the field than on the field. That is the difference between a sniper and some "12 year old immature prepubecent running around hiding screaming I have a scope so I'll be a sniper!".

Haha, so much for me not trying to get involved in this little argument, eh? Take care ya'll.

Back to Top
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Stare directly into my avatar...

Joined: 03 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 9174
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by SawMan SawMan wrote:

Well, it seems that you believe "campers" are an ineffective role in the sport of paintball. That is amusing because there have been many instances where an unimportant "camper" has won the day. Without this support, a force would move in blind, oblivious to ambushes and the enemy's other defences. I have seen it happen, a force chewed up before they reach the objective. Now i know the probable reply "They are recon/scouts". So I will morph the term, how does "Scout-Sniper" sound to you?

I, for one, thoroughly enjoy this debate!



Oh, dont get the wrong idea, this debate is a blast.  I love these things. 

I dont think much of campers because all they do is sit in a bush all day and wait for someone to come near.  Granted it works, but it takes about as much skill is using the toliet.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Back to Top
DM4_wanter View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 October 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 61
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:55pm

does neone know of a deal on a DM4 any where

DYE DM4 = $$$ but i still want it
setup: A-5, 14"tearddrop, 16 oz. Co2, e-grip, DYE invisions.
Back to Top
DM4_wanter View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 October 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 61
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Originally posted by SawMan SawMan wrote:

Well, it seems that you believe "campers" are an ineffective role in the sport of paintball. That is amusing because there have been many instances where an unimportant "camper" has won the day. Without this support, a force would move in blind, oblivious to ambushes and the enemy's other defences. I have seen it happen, a force chewed up before they reach the objective. Now i know the probable reply "They are recon/scouts". So I will morph the term, how does "Scout-Sniper" sound to you?

I, for one, thoroughly enjoy this debate!



Oh, dont get the wrong idea, this debate is a blast.  I love these things. 

I dont think much of campers because all they do is sit in a bush all day and wait for someone to come near.  Granted it works, but it takes about as much skill is using the toliet.
ok i gotta agree on that one
DYE DM4 = $$$ but i still want it
setup: A-5, 14"tearddrop, 16 oz. Co2, e-grip, DYE invisions.
Back to Top
DM4_wanter View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 October 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 61
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:59pm
 this is crazy this debate has been goin on for like 2 pages and u durur dont make a smart a** remark like wow u can count
DYE DM4 = $$$ but i still want it
setup: A-5, 14"tearddrop, 16 oz. Co2, e-grip, DYE invisions.
Back to Top
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Stare directly into my avatar...

Joined: 03 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 9174
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by JunoTrevan JunoTrevan wrote:

Well I didn't think that I was going to post here, but I suppose that I will anyway.

The 12 year old new guy running around with a red dot scope is not a sniper. That is a sterotype that came from many people who had never played the game before getting into it (Not sniper haters, the 12 year olds)

To me, being a sniper is not about shooting people at ecessive ranges. Being a sniper is the thrill of being assigned a task and getting it done at all costs. It's a style of play, and a way of life for many of us. One of my sniper friends is 62 years old. He is a far cry from an immature 12 year old.

While I find that in the average 15 minute game, attempting to snipe becomes rather pointless. However, I still enjoy these games because I get to practice other skills. During scenarios with much more time, I tend to snipe more. Being a sniper does not mean you have to have a ghille suit, flatline barrel, and scope. It does not mean someone who shoots from a concealed position. It is an idea that enhances the game to another dimension, and a mine expanded with new ideas never returns to it's original size.

I do not claim that I am better than you are. In all fairness, you are just as likely to get me out in a game as I am to get you. Let me tell you all why I decided to become a sniper in the first place.

When I was first starting, I was really into the idea of scenario games. I thought that was the coolest thing I had ever seen. Then I came across a sniper group and read their articles on the site. Some taught about general scenario information and tips, others were teaching tech tricks, and others were teaching personal tactics. The people were the friendliest and welcomed me and to this day I am still a prominent member in that group. We teach new players to not run around yelling "I have a red dot scope, I'm a sniper!" There are even people in our community that play in tournaments and other such games, yet still provide good information to the good of the community. The good nature show to one another in this community is what brought me to the role of a sniper.

You all can tell me that I am not a sniper if you'd like. I don't care. I can just as easily retaliate as hooligan has. I don't need to or really want to though, because I am fine with however people play out here at my field.

To me, being a sniper involves more off of the field than on the field. That is the difference between a sniper and some "12 year old immature prepubecent running around hiding screaming I have a scope so I'll be a sniper!".

Haha, so much for me not trying to get involved in this little argument, eh? Take care ya'll.



Dont bother retaliating like our pal hooligan, it just makes you look like an idiot.

I have done the whole sniper thing, thought I was one, acted like one, well look at me know.  As a matter of fact if we could look at some of my first posts you would see how staunch a "sniper" I was.

It aint a way of life.  Its a title people use to make themselves feel special. 

I dont care if people have ghillies, I have one, that doesnt make me a sniper.  In the distences in paintball, a ghillie is only effective when you dont move.  The "paintball sniper" is little more than a person who camps, or its your average player who thinks because he uses stealth he is a sniper.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Back to Top
JunoTrevan View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 10 October 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 26
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:01pm

Oh yes, I would like to add on out of shear bordem that it is POSSIBLE to calculate almost exactly where the ball will hit on a target using some rather simple physics. But this is not PRACTICAL in the field. I think I might actually try it out sometime just for kicks though in a lab type set up though. Of course you can never get it dead on everytime, but you can get it with a very slight margin of error.

Also, campers are sometimes necessary. They get annoying when they arn't necessary and they just stay back there and do nothing. When you have to defend a building from an onslaught of people though and you only have two people, not much you can do but sit tight and camp for a bit. Nothing wrong with a little productive camping in my opinion. Nothing worse than your camper being so far away from the action he doesn't even know when the game is over though.

Back to Top
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Stare directly into my avatar...

Joined: 03 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 9174
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by DM4_wanter DM4_wanter wrote:

 this is crazy this debate has been goin on for like 2 pages and u durur dont make a smart a** remark like wow u can count


Dont tempt me.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.234 seconds.