Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSnipers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
DM4_wanter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 7:55pm

i think that the term sniper is true to a certain extent...... a sniper can be anyone to someone that plays at the back covering off people to someone that trys to move up using camo to help eliminate opponents. So dont always bad talk the snipers but...u snipers out there u are only snipers to a ceratin extent. <<< u know wat if this solves the fight between u guys ("snipers" vs."everyone else") i was glad to help.......by tha way im a teen.....maybe tha future isnt so bad???

DYE DM4 = $$$ but i still want it
setup: A-5, 14"tearddrop, 16 oz. Co2, e-grip, DYE invisions.
Troop View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 7:58pm
I believe a certian individual has in the past debated the paintball sniper illusion quite well here. And he has yet to see anyone he would call within the tactical definition a sniper in the short ranged world of paintball. But again he must use a Brass Band and Flags so the sniper crowd can feel special, and actually find him on the field. Too bad the Army wasted all that money training him and yet he can not find a practical way to adapt the skill within the game, considering the talent level of our wanna-be snipers.
As for the OSOK concept, ask any OMHW if they can find that rather large ex-Grunt when he goes off and does his thing, he uses his skills as a true infantryman, camoflage, cover, concealment, and well placed select fire on his targets, as he shoots, moves and communicates to accomplish the mission. All that with just 4oz tank and 45rd hopper on his marker and he has the highest target elimination ratio on OMHW. And he is just a lowly GRUNT, not worthy of the praise the well known paintball sniper crowd heeps upon itself. Many more fear that big GRUNT when they know he is on the field than any wanna-be paintball sniper, and I have seen the fear and heard the players comments when he is about.

And how many saw his class two years ago at TWC, he made Weltman dissappear in the parking lot, using the skills, talents and techniques he knows, yet a few amateurs think they can qoute a concept, and then actually accomplish the skill, reality check there folks.....

Edited by Troop
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by g2hooligan g2hooligan wrote:

well.....yall are mostly wrong. sorry, but you are.

first off....BearClaw. See, one of the many advantages of being a sniper is cost-efficency. No air-refills every 20 minutes, and 1k of paint will last you 2 scenario games, or 4-5 recball sesions. So i dont pay my arse off to play sniper either. And yes, there are always factors that can throw off your paintball (wind, temp, humidity, range, light, etc...) and as a sniper, it is our job to predict the affects that those current conditions will have on the flight of the paintball. Same happens in real life sniper situation....the sniper must predict the effects of the temp, wind, distance, mirage, lighting, elevation, etc.... so that when he does fire his shot, it will hit the target. we do the exact same thing. we take everything into consideration. we hardly miss.

First off, I would love to see you predict exactly how a paintball is going to fly.  Second off, there is no freakin' way in hell you could "hardly miss" unless you took two shots in your whole life and one hit while the other missed.  There is also no way that a 12yr old like yourself could have the dicipline required to take such a shot.  You can say you are dicisplined, but you are not THAT diciplined.

second...darur. <--this kid right here is why pre-pubesent children should not be allowed onto forums.

Frankly i dont appriciated being called a "pre-pubesent child" by an ignorant newb.

third....sawman. You are correct, you obviously cant get the same range, but we use the same tactics. What else would you call someone who will lay in wait for hours, wearing a ghillie suit, shooting 1 shot at a time, and getting 1 elimination per shot? We are snipers, the ONLY thing that we do not share w/ real snipers would be that of the distance.

Um, the term "Camper" comes to mind . . .

fourth....betterdays. Well son, i want to point out that in fact the 30-40 guys thing actually HAS happend, and im sure it happens quite frequently when snipers are deployed currectly. I blieve sawman also proved this point in his early post.....so if you could just quiet down about things you dont know....id appreciate it....thanks. Oh, and to make you feel even more like an idiot then you already should.....i know of, talked to, and played with ex-military snipers.....so uh......nope, they didnt think i was an idiot...oh, and wait a second....let me check....yeup, they were playing sniper too. huh, odd? i coulda sworn you knew all and were right bout everytnig....guess not. And you analogy about pilots and astronauts really makes no sense.....nothign has been stated that drastic.

I will beleive that statment if by "ex-military snipers" you mean 9 year olds that play "war" with GI Joe figures who flunked english.

For the record, the sig of Reb's I posted here was written by a forumer who just so happened to be an sniper instructer.  Funny, you dont see him calling himself a sniper.

fith....roadrunner. DUDE, your wrong. hush. regardless of what dictonaries say, a sniper is not JUST someone who shots from a concealed position. so many different things must be taken into acount before firing the shot, while firing the shot, while the shot has already been fired and is traveling to its target, and after the shot has hit its mark. i dont just shoot from a concealed position, otherwise i, like the others in this thread, would be basic noobs whos skill level never graduates because of thier close-mindedness. but no, im not that kind of person. sorry. so yes, snipers do exist.

You are not offering much proof that you are not a newb . . .

Once again, there is no way in hell you can be accurate with a paintball gun.  I conserve my paint, I use stealth, I even own a freakin' ghillie suit but do I run around calling myself a sniper?  Nope.

last, and surely not least.....WHAT DO YOU CALL A GUY WHO RUNS AROUND WITH PVC PIPE AND A NERF BALL? a demolitions man. when that nerf hits something does it blow up? nope. WHAT DO YOU CALL A BOX ON WHEELS WITH PEOPLE IN IT SHOOTING PAINT OUT OF LITTLE SLITS? a tank. but is it really a tank? no. So basically.....yall cant talk bad about snipers and say they dont exist if you dont want to call all the roles in paintball games fake.

Well, you see, the guy with the PVC Pipe, he acctually has a purpose.  And the tank, well theres nothing to confuse that with.  A sniper on the other hand only differs from your average player because the sniper is generally a 12 year old who thinks he (or she) alone uses stealth and conserves paint and that he (or she) is a sniper.

oh, and please everyone.....dont forget the fact that we are all copying something. are we all not copying real militants? the only difference is we are shooting paint. not bullets. so take your arguments to someone who cant answer them please. i think ive proven my point. snipers do exist. deal with it. and if anyone wants to challenge me and my fellow snipers, feel FREE to join us at PMI's Texas Throwdown. we will be the bushes that are continually shooting you and your $150 goggle systems......

When I play, I certainetly am not coping "militants".  And you havent convinced me snipers exist, unless your definition of a sniper is a 12 yr old with ADHD who found out about mommy and daddy's computer and started playing.

-Hooligan-

So yeah, anything else?
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by SawMan SawMan wrote:

I have read his sig and can understand his (and your) POV. You expressed your opinion, successfully i might add, yet you still feel simple logic (which you no doubt possess according to your second post) is not enough. You persist to reply simply with "I WILL SNIP-ERR U!!!!". My friend, how exactly is this constructive under the current situation? I have my own opinion, you have yours. But I do not assault the other side with comments that can be described as, in your own words: "pure stupidity". Just my two cents. Flame away!

Hmmm, how?

Well, I like to consider it the highest level of intellignece that our little friend's post deserves.

Yes, my replys were "pure stupidity", if they were any more intelligent they would be more than what the sniper posts deserve in terms of a reply.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by DM4_wanter DM4_wanter wrote:

i think that the term sniper is true to a certain extent...... a sniper can be anyone to someone that plays at the back covering off people to someone that trys to move up using camo to help eliminate opponents. So dont always bad talk the snipers but...u snipers out there u are only snipers to a ceratin extent. <<< u know wat if this solves the fight between u guys ("snipers" vs."everyone else") i was glad to help.......by tha way im a teen.....maybe tha future isnt so bad???

We like to call that a newb is afraid of getting shot at.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:11pm

you know wat i think......i think that snipers CAN  be effective in paintball but i think that people are wasting ther money on buyinf like 20" barrels and all this upgraded stuff like stands and stuff (wat r u goin to do when ur tha last one left and your enemy's push u back r u gonna carry your 20 pound gun?) so im just saying snipers can be good if they can use their skills in the right way!

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:13pm

you know wat i think......i think that snipers CAN  be effective in paintball but i think that people are wasting ther money on buyinf like 20" barrels and all this upgraded stuff like stands and stuff (wat r u goin to do when ur tha last one left and your enemy's push u back r u gonna carry your 20 pound gun?) so im just saying snipers can be good if they can use their skills in the right way!

What skills?

Hiding?  I hide very well.  I dont like to because its camping and takes pretty much no skill whatsoever.

Shooting?  Any baby can pull a trigger.  Anyone who has shot a paintball gun for a few months can shoot very well, but we dont call them snipers do we?

Whats left?
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:18pm
u know wat Darur  i got an a-5 and and i play with my friends at least 2 a week two of my frinds have dye Dm4's and 1 has an empire timmy i have been playin pb for 3 yrs. so im not a newb and if u think im a newb y u think i play with my friends that i will almost get shot every time we play (i let them use full auto) so dont assume b4 u know!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:18pm
just because u can shoot does not mean u r accurate
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:22pm

u know wat Darur  i got an a-5 and and i play with my friends at least 2 a week two of my frinds have dye Dm4's and 1 has an empire timmy i have been playin pb for 3 yrs. so im not a newb and if u think im a newb y u think i play with my friends that i will almost get shot every time we play (i let them use full auto) so dont assume b4 u know!

Did I call you a newb?  No.  I said the description of a sniper you gave was a newb.  Unless thats you, I never called you a newb.  However you are not proving your case veryy well.

just because u can shoot does not mean u r accurate

Dont even try to tell me that you can be accurate with a paintball gun.  You can make your gun more consistent and buy a better barrel, but you are never going to be accurate on a target over 40 feet away.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:22pm
and i dont hide either but i do use certain skills a sniper would like move slowly up the field getting the best position as possible. and i also do not like camping (thats for noobs) that r usually afraid of getting hit so lets just drop this
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:24pm

and i dont hide either but i do use certain skills a sniper would like move slowly up the field getting the best position as possible. and i also do not like camping (thats for noobs) that r usually afraid of getting hit so lets just drop this

Why drop it?  You seem so keen to keep it going.

I beleive Reb's sig covers the whole sniper skill issue, so why are you beating a dead horse?
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:27pm

who says ur gonna be 40 feet away? (hmmm... lets see [lets use r sniper skills here] sneek up close and shoot 20 feet away) problem solved

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:29pm

who says ur gonna be 40 feet away? (hmmm... lets see [lets use r sniper skills here] sneek up close and shoot 20 feet away) problem solved

Who said I meant shoot your target from 40 ft away?  Did it ever cross your mind that I was using that number as a limit of the guns accuracy?

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:29pm
ok i give up man ur tha best debater i have ever debated with ur a master debater lol <<,funny stuff
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:32pm

ur a master debater lol <<,funny stuff

Cute Innuendo.  Did you think that up all by yourself or did Mommy help you?
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:33pm

u got nething to reply to that?

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:34pm

u got nething to reply to that?

Clearly I did.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:34pm
um my mommy helped me wtf man that was one horrible diss here ill give u another chance try again
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:36pm

um my mommy helped me wtf man that was one horrible diss here ill give u another chance try again

Kid, get off your parents computer.

Anyhow, anyone else wanna prove snipers exist, I'm all ears.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic