Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which one?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [62.50%]
6 [37.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
TippyManic32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippyManic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autococker Vs. BKO
    Posted: 07 October 2004 at 11:40pm

I was very set on buying a 2004 BKO but I was just talking to a kid that owns a BKO and he said he can't stand it and that is is a horrible gun, so now I am thinking I might go back and buy the Special Editon Autococker I was origanly going to get. I am unsure as to what I should get now. Both cost me $300, not counting the loader i'd get. Please help me out here.

Heres a link to the autococker:

http://paintballgateway.com/wgp03spedaub.html

and heres a link to the BKO:

http://www3.888paintball.com/888product.asp?plid=GUNS&ic id=INDIAN+CREEK&scid=2004+BKO&csid=06281657647015665 198523250092106140992062349574405&andor=OR&lookup=BK O&code=14%2DICD+BKO+2004+C+02&xt=srch

636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 1:50am
cocker.

BKO's suck big time
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippyManic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 9:41am
Yea thats what I now hear, poor quality, bad customer service, if you use a revvy it makes a blender, not very accurate, and things like that.

Edited by TippyManic32
..BHizzle* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..BHizzle* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 11:54am

wow that kid was me

yah get the cocker

[FI] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [FI] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 5:12pm
The BKO is faster and I still haven't seen much of a quality issue on the BKO...but I love the feel of Autocockers. Have you shot both? If not, do that! Would you buy a car that you haven't test-driven before? No? Then don't buy without shooting the gun first.
Don't believe everything you think

I can resist anything but temptation
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 5:43pm
^^^^^  What he said.  VERY different guns, very much a personality fit.  Try before buy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippyManic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 7:46pm
I have shot a cocker and I loved it, it just felt awesome in my hands, and I have shot Impulses which are pretty mucht the same feel and I didn't like it the much, so I think i'm going with the autococker
JBird33 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Rico’s <KRL>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBird33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 8:21pm
I have a cocker, my friend has a BKO. I like them both a lot. I don't think the BKO has quality problems, it is very easy to work on and shoots straight, and very fast. It can chop here and there if you shoot fast and don't have a fast hopper, though. But a cocker can chop just as easy, with or without a fast hopper. If you were going to leave them both stock for a while, I would get the BKO, and that's coming from a cocker guy. If you plan on dumping a lot of money into a gun, I would say cocker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippyManic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 8:38pm
I love to upgrades guns and the BKO I hear has everything stock so theres not much too do but a cocoker has more upgrades than a tippmann so I'm going with teh autococker
JBird33 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Rico’s <KRL>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBird33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 9:02pm
^^^Actually Bushys have tons of upgrades too, and they tend to be easier to perform than those of a cocker. Ever try to change a pump arm? Dude they loctite that bad boy on there so tight you gotta torch it forever just to get it loose. Do you have a cocker valve tool? If you don't, changing your internals will be a pain (it kinda is anyhow.) I love my cocker, but I have like $1200 into it and a lot of time of learning and frustration in doing it. I think I will buy an ICD gun for a backup, actually...
Gumbe02 View Drop Down
Foulmouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumbe02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2004 at 7:45pm
i have been wondering the same thing and no one is replaying on my post...i want to be able to upgrade somthing but not dump 1000+ in should i get the bko? and can i get the pds system in it/
Mag shooter
JBird33 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Rico’s <KRL>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBird33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2004 at 8:09pm
^^^Yes you can. I think the BKO is the best gun for the price in that price range. Last time I called, ICD was charging like $160 for PDS, and that was to have them install it (highly reccommended because of drilling the two holes to line up and wiring into the board.) Not a bad deal at all. Yes, there are lots of BKO upgrades. Just because a gun doesn't have as many upgrades as a cocker, doesn't mean it isn't upgradeable. Ever think of how many parts a cocker has???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippyManic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2004 at 10:34pm
^^^^Over 600 I think I read somewhere
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic