Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X-chambers and remote lines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cpl_paint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpl_paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-chambers and remote lines
    Posted: 07 October 2004 at 8:27am

Hows it going

I have a question about expansion chambers and remote lines. Is having a remote line the same as having an expansion chamber? I know the remote line allows you to put the tank anywhere; but I am talking about they both allow more time for the liqud to turn into air. If any one can give me some advice on this that would be great!!

Playing for 5 years
Model 98
CAR Stock
14" Razor Barrel
16" CMI Barrel
Pure energy remote coil
Rocket Cock
Maddman spring kit
DOP front seal/power tube
12V revy hopper w/x-board
rmorey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Made it by a Hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 9:13am

The short answer to your question is, "no they are not the same".  The only real advantage to a remote line is just that - remote location of your tank.  There are better things than expansion chambers, and many say that they are a waste of gas.

Here is a very good article by an expert on gas regulating (Robert Palmer):
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/FAQ/stabfaq.htm#stab3

Edited by rmorey
You are never beaten until you admit it.
- G. Patton
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 1:59pm
If you run a remote, the co2 has plenty of space to expand, you won't have freezing issuse. So yes, it is just like an x-chamber in the respect.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

BMFer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMFer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 2:54pm

rmorey, good article.  Although you could say its coming from a biased point-of-view.

All I can say is, my marker used to freeze up after sustained periods of high ROF.  Since I've added a remote I've yet to have this occur.

hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 3:51pm
 If you are wanting an expansion chamber, don't waste your money. I would get a Palmer Stabilizer. If you want a remote, then get one, but if you are looking for an expansion chamber, save up for a Palmer.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
cpl_paint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpl_paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 5:34pm

Thanks alot every one

I read the article and it helped alot. I will check into teh stabilzer and wait till i get enough money.

thx

Playing for 5 years
Model 98
CAR Stock
14" Razor Barrel
16" CMI Barrel
Pure energy remote coil
Rocket Cock
Maddman spring kit
DOP front seal/power tube
12V revy hopper w/x-board
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 7:46pm

in the long run   go nitro

no freeze and much more constant pressure

http://somersgoalie53.MyPicGallery.com
Savior_six View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Air Force - Woot!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savior_six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 7:47pm
It might be a good idea to get a remote line and a stablizer. The remote line helps it to expand the Co2 and then the stab. regulates it.
Team Salem, Kuwait 08
rmorey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Made it by a Hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by BMFer BMFer wrote:

rmorey, good article.  Although you could say its coming from a biased point-of-view.

Ahhhh... good point.  Finally someone gives useful criticism without flaming!  Actually, I was going to add a footnote mentioning that, but I thought the article made some very good points.  Do remotes / expansion chambers help?  Yes.  Are there better things you can do for your gun?  Yes.  (in my opinion - and many others)

- G. Patton
NitroNick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NitroNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 7:50pm
I have a remote with E-grip.. gun hasnt froze yet. 
TippmannBallerX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannBallerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by rmorey rmorey wrote:

Do remotes / expansion chambers help?  Yes.  Are there better things you can do for your gun?  Yes.  (in my opinion - and many others)

You wanna dippisize your drink for only a quarter more?

You want me to punchisize your face? For free.
POON View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 8:33pm
Get the stabilzer, dont bother with the remote, its a waste
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 10:04pm
I have a remote, and had the opportunity to get a vertical adapter and x-chamber for my 98c for $30 canadian, so I picked that up too. (Guy had jsut converted to HPA) I've yet to get out and try it, but hopefully it should improve consistency...
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
rmorey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Made it by a Hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 12:09am
$30 Canadian?  Isn't that like $1.68 American?  (Good Deal!!!)
- G. Patton
keithx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 1:09am

also with most remote setups your tank sits vertically in your harness... which helps prevent liquid CO2 from entering the remote line... which is sort of the same premise as an anti-siphon tube..

I prefer .223 over .68
---------------------
A-5 R/T
Flatline w/ F/X SD shroud
F/X Sniper stock
Intruder Assault Foregrip
SpecterGear CQB 3pt Sling
Crossfire 68/4500 (coming soon)
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 2:41am
Originally posted by keithx keithx wrote:

also with most remote setups your tank sits vertically in your harness... which helps prevent liquid CO2 from entering the remote line... which is sort of the same premise as an anti-siphon tube..

Thats the reason why I got a remote line fer my setup...no freeze ups and no tube in the tank.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Sand Man View Drop Down

Guested: Username Hikacking

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sand Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 5:58am
plamers stab....
(Go back to your old username. This one's taken.)

(formerly known as Hat Trick)
volkov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote volkov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 11:28am
I have both, and they both work really good, I haven't tried my gun w/o
the expansion chamber so I dunno if they are really good or just a little
edge, but when I added the remote to my gun, it helped even more
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic