Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Blender or Not
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [26.32%]
14 [73.68%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
98 Custom Flat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98 Custom Flat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clyclone feed OR blender
    Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:58pm
i have heard from several people that the A-5's cyclone feed system is nicknamed the BLENDER    ........ is this true or not .......does the feeding system chop up paintballs????
Demon 666       
DMN 0166 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMN 0166 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 5:37pm
not exactly a blender, but it is rather rought with brittle paint.

i dont like the cyclone much, because of its roughness, slow feed rate (15bps) and its big.
Radix View Drop Down

Title Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 5:42pm
my cyclone feed has never choped ever
NitroNick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NitroNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Radix Radix wrote:

my cyclone feed has never choped ever
tagged out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tagged out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 7:21pm

I've had my a5 for a while and its never chopped any paint but i agree that it is a little rough with paint

soccer is fun
JBird33 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Rico’s <KRL>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBird33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 11:59pm

Originally posted by DMN 0166 DMN 0166 wrote:

not exactly a blender, but it is rather rought with brittle paint.

i dont like the cyclone much, because of its roughness, slow feed rate (15bps) and its big.

Dude 15 BPS isn't slow. Don't buy into all the stuff that the companies feed you. If you can shoot 15 BPS, you are doing just fine. If you can't hit someone at 15 BPS, you aren't going to do any better at 20. My gun will do over 20, and there is no point in it unless you wanna waste paint.

Phear_Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phear_Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 1:03pm
Yeah I never figured out the point of 22 bps or 36 bps. Its not like you actually going to be firing that many times a second consistant enough to tell if your gun is shooting 15 or 22 bps. If you aim you only have to pull the trigger once. Ever think of that?

I play Americas Army Hooah!!
Gumbe02 View Drop Down
Foulmouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumbe02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 2:04pm
have you guys ever played speed ball...i take it not..it hard to only shot on paint ball cuzz then they duck then they pop up and shot 15 bps....then you have to hide...ok you need to shoot fast(well you dont have to) to play speed ball with a bunch of good guys to advance
Mag shooter
JBird33 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Rico’s <KRL>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBird33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 2:19pm
^^I've probably played more speedball than you have. I play almost exclusively speedball. That doesn't mean I have to waste paint. If I have to shoot fast, I can. But there is just too much of an emphasis on "BPS" these days. Sure, I have a fast gun, but that doesn't mean that I rely on my hardware and spraying paint all day to win. There are times when I unload on someone to try for that "lucky shot," or to shoot lanes, etc. But for the most part you don't need that kinda speed.
DMN 0166 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMN 0166 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 3:23pm

I didnt mean 15bps is slow in that sense.

I now use an older sheridan p68 since i dont play much anymore, so im not all hype about bps. the reason i said slow, is because most of the more common loaders are faster than the cyclone, and i said it to clear up the rumor of "the cyclone has an unlimited feed rate"

JBird33 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Rico’s <KRL>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBird33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 4:11pm
^^I dunno, a lot of people still use Revvy's and the cyclone is faster than those.
Gumbe02 View Drop Down
Foulmouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumbe02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 4:21pm
man my point is you still shot fast in some game cuzz you can't take the risk of losing....
Mag shooter
paintballer2584 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
-me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer2584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 8:10pm
yes it does chope them up
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 9:04pm
Since I got the updates, I have chopped ZERO balls.  Many many cases shot, ZERO chops.
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 9:42pm
I've had my A5 for about 2 years with only the first update and haven't had any problems with chopping or even dry firing no matter how fast I shoot. I may not have any electronics in my gun but I can still crank out the shots pretty quick with the mods I've done and the cyclone has no problem keeping up with any kind of paint and even when I'm low on air. I have to get the second update now because it finally stopped working but this is after years and tons of rounds fired which is pretty impressive considering the fact that I was using outdated parts that caused other people so many problems. I'm sure that once I get the update I'll have no problems just like before only it'll last many more years.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
red_alert102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red_alert102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 5:17pm
Had my a-5 for a year.  Once i got nitro it seemed to turn into a blender.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/paintballa01/d58a8ce5 .gif

Angel Ir3
Cp barrel kit
A4 board
Cobra trigger
Minotaur View Drop Down
Negative Nancy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minotaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 8:41pm
Make sure you get an A-5 With the little "A" at the bottem of the hopper.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic