FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Freedom is overrated...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freedom is overrated...
    Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:07pm
<RANT>

Freedom to the extent that the USA offers cannot sustain its self and will eventually self destruct.

An exclusive emphasis on freedom and liberty, combined with inordinate wealth, creates a selfish, mentally lazy, and ignorant population which will eventually collapse from within. If you don't believe me, do a little looking into who the Romans were and why they fell.

I support mandatory military service. I support stricter and more carefully enforced laws as well as steeper penalties for breaking those laws. I believe strongly that the United States of America needs to lose some of their freedoms and liberties in order to rediscover their soul and national identity.

Because we're too comfortable, we manufacture our own problems. We don't have to worry about where our next meal is coming from, so we redirect all our emotional energy to stupid crap like baby seals and political agendas. We think the sudden death of 3,000 people is a huge, earth shattering event. We weep like children instead of standing up and taking the hit like an adult.

We live far too much in our fantasies, ideals, and illusions because the world does not force us to face reality. The vast majority of out national production revolves around our entertainment industry. We eat for pleasure instead of for necessity.

It's a sick state of affairs when you stop to think about it. And when it crumbles, millions will weep, but certain of us will stand unphased, knowing that justice has finally come.

</RANT>
Real Men Love Cheeses
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:11pm

Thats what ive always said....Too many freedoms ISNT a good thing.

Random_Person View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Haiku Honorable Mention

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:12pm

Yup, it's like the old saying, "Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it." (Referring to the fall of the Romans for all yee ingnorant non history knowing folk)

Yeah the U.S.A. is definantly gonna fall because we are to soft, hopfully not any time soon though.

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:13pm
yer right, but hey!

at least we can bomb the crap out of every country in the world! that has to count for something

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
I <3 my A5 View Drop Down
"I am also a Pansy and Commy!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I <3 my A5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:16pm
Folks, I highly doubt that the US will fall from being soft. Thats about the only thing our country's got going for it. Heck, were fighting two wars at once and might get lucky number three (Nukes in Korea) We do have mandatory military service, when its needed. America was founded on freedom and if anything we are begining to lack it.
Smoking Jesus causes testicular cancer.
XBL Gamertag: Velcronia
for Halo 2
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:21pm
Oh, and before anyone starts crying that I don't have any sympathy or empathy... Don't bother.

I understand that bad things happen. I understand that people hurt. A great many more "bad" things have happened to me than have happened to most anyone else around here. But you know what? An ounce more maturity and an ounce less self pitty works wonders when something pops up in life that doesn't suit your fancy.

I love puppies and babies. I write poetry and music. I feel as deeply as anyone. And I still think the USA's full of whiny, wealthy, self serving shmucks who don't know what war is for or how it is fought and won.
Real Men Love Cheeses
Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:22pm
Crap, my tea boiled over...
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by I <3 my A5 I <3 my A5 wrote:

Folks, I highly doubt that the US will fall from being soft. Thats about the only thing our country's got going for it. Heck, were fighting two wars at once and might get lucky number three (Nukes in Korea) We do have mandatory military service, when its needed. America was founded on freedom and if anything we are begining to lack it.

You've fallen for what you see on the surface. Sure, our exterior is strong. It's built on the fruits of ages past. Eventually our rotten core will make its way to the surface and we will fall.

And, yes, it will be because we're soft and ignorant of the real world around us.
Real Men Love Cheeses
DanSouthwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanSouthwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:29pm

Agree

oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:31pm
Jaimaica here i come
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:33pm
Where liberty stands, there is my country.  Benjamin Franklin - Founding Father.
dye4dom420 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Smells like cat food

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dye4dom420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:34pm
Sandman for president!
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:34pm

It's funny you mention that because we had a 35 minute discussion about it in World History today.

If the 'States does fall (and I hope to God it never will) it will most likely to be the same way the Romans did. They were greedy, only cared about themselves, and thought everyone else was inferior(sp). 

There is a homosexual rebellion going on, people constanly complaining about unimportant stuff, and some people are so greedy, they'll sue McDonalds because their cup of cofee was too hot! Please, have some patriotism. Be glad that you live in a country like this. Otherwise, go crawl into a hole or something.

<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:37pm
Move to California then, we don't have any freedoms here.
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:55pm
Yeah... California is blazing a new trail... Leftist facism.
Real Men Love Cheeses
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 5:21pm
actually roll tide...someone has sued Mcdonalds for that reason...also someone sued because they spilt their own coffe on themselves
keithx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 6:02pm

in new jersey we don't even have a right to protect our home from burglars, rapists, or murderers... but we've got some fine tomatoes...

I prefer .223 over .68
---------------------
A-5 R/T
Flatline w/ F/X SD shroud
F/X Sniper stock
Intruder Assault Foregrip
SpecterGear CQB 3pt Sling
Crossfire 68/4500 (coming soon)
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 6:07pm
I just got a little freer today.  It so happens that the company that does our mandatory drug testing got nailed for shoddy work that got innocent people fired.  Our company would have done nothing if not for the UNION.  Our company had to freeze testing until a new company is found.  This weekend is looking up.

Edited by Badsmitty
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 6:18pm
I pretty much wrote the same thing in a reaction paper today for english IV. But, you said it much better and I'm going to print one out and keep it tucked away for special occasions.

A-5
E-grip
32 W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32 bottomline
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 6:21pm
I disagree completely.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic