FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Freedom is overrated...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 7:15pm
What freedoms should we give up for the greater good?  Please list. 
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

What freedoms should we give up for the greater good?

1. The freedom to be stupid
2. Letting just any couple have a kid (if you have to take a test to drive you should have to do it to have kids)
3. Take away the right for some people to breath

A-5
E-grip
32 W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32 bottomline
peindreballer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peindreballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 8:52pm

Originally posted by SandMan SandMan wrote:

<RANT>

Freedom to the extent that the USA offers cannot sustain its self and will eventually self destruct.

An exclusive emphasis on freedom and liberty, combined with inordinate wealth, creates a selfish, mentally lazy, and ignorant population which will eventually collapse from within. If you don't believe me, do a little looking into who the Romans were and why they fell.

I support mandatory military service. I support stricter and more carefully enforced laws as well as steeper penalties for breaking those laws. I believe strongly that the United States of America needs to lose some of their freedoms and liberties in order to rediscover their soul and national identity.

Because we're too comfortable, we manufacture our own problems. We don't have to worry about where our next meal is coming from, so we redirect all our emotional energy to stupid crap like baby seals and political agendas. We think the sudden death of 3,000 people is a huge, earth shattering event. We weep like children instead of standing up and taking the hit like an adult.

We live far too much in our fantasies, ideals, and illusions because the world does not force us to face reality. The vast majority of out national production revolves around our entertainment industry. We eat for pleasure instead of for necessity.

It's a sick state of affairs when you stop to think about it. And when it crumbles, millions will weep, but certain of us will stand unphased, knowing that justice has finally come.

</RANT>

true after highschool i travled around to other contys. it really makes you greatfull for what i have.

america isnt free

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 8:54pm

Originally posted by rave5910 rave5910 wrote:

*Obvious retort suppressed*

Quote 2. Letting just any couple have a kid (if you have to take a test to drive you should have to do it to have kids)

When viewed in conjunction with #1, these are particularly humurous...   but viewed by themselves they sound a lot like the policies of every totalitarian regime ever, including all the ones against the US has fought wars.

gg

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 8:54pm

Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

What freedoms should we give up for the greater good?

2. Letting just any couple have a kid (if you have to take a test to drive you should have to do it to have kids)

So you're saying we should take away freedom of speech, what little freedom of sex we have left, and take some people's lives?

EDIT: Meh. Beat me to it.

Edited by Ejp414

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 8:56pm
How do we have little freedom of sex? 

fireufool View Drop Down
Guested by request and language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireufool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 8:56pm
i cant say i agree with you Sandman only on the grounds that without our freedoms we are in short robots doing as we're told not thinking seperate beings (please don't bother talking about different dementions and how we can really think for ourselves i get it from my dad and i agree only to an extent) and if thats all we are a sort of robot then where's the point to life? i understand some laws are not strickly inforced enough but theres only so much we as people can do to control it maybe if we ban weapons that can harm people we'd be better off. The only problem is people wont alloy that. lets face facts Americans love guns and they wont give them up so i fail to understand the logic when people cry about another accidental gun death u have to take it at the source!  and that my friends ( the right to bear arms) is in a way illogical. in short we need freedom but we need to be less ignorant also. by this i mean use your freedom to learn and become more informed to stop crime not inforce punishments. i thank all of you that took the time to read this i know it was long but it's how i feel.

Edited by fireufool
always move forward going strait will get u nowhere
there is no progress
evolutions gonna kill us all-green day jaded

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peindreballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

[quote=Badsmitty] What freedoms should we give up for the greater good?

som people can be very bad parents, but its hard to (what is word, prove why you should?) taking a child away from his/her parents
pballa j.r. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike1~Language. 12/04

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa j.r. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 8:58pm
They should take away the right to sue people just because they can.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:00pm

Originally posted by pballa j.r. pballa j.r. wrote:

Think about that one for a second...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peindreballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:01pm
elections were the person that gets the msot votes wins?
fireufool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireufool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:01pm
no1 is acually reading what i wrote huh?
there is no progress

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peindreballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:02pm

make it shorter and i will

fireufool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireufool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:04pm

just read the last 3 sentences if u dont want to read all of it maybe that'll get my point across might not be enough though so dont quote me on just the last three

edit: and isnt that what sandman is talking about how we're getting too lazy and pampered? then again, tu es francais non? alors je regrette mon ami. (sorry for misspellings only in 3rd yr of french)

Edited by fireufool
there is no progress
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by pballa j.r. pballa j.r. wrote:

Think about that one for a second...

So suits like the one for mcdonalds making the lady fat should be allowed?

He isnt saying we shouldnt have any rights, but some of the rights we have we shouldnt.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:16pm

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

So suits like the one for mcdonalds making the lady fat should be allowed?

So how do we decide if a lawsuit is too stupid to be allowed?

Answer:  We will have a judge decide if the lawsuit is too stupid.

This, of course, is exactly the current system.

All that balla's proposal would do is to add another layer of lawsuits - you would have to "sue for the right to sue" or somesuch.

That was my point.

fireufool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireufool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:18pm
^^ makes sence but he's right sueing for the right to sue doesn't u can't really change that
there is no progress
fireufool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireufool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:22pm
well if no one elce will maybe Sandman will read what i said and it might even change his ideas on the topic
there is no progress
Betterdays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betterdays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:30pm

To much freedom isn't the problem. Its a lack of repsonsibility. A free society requires that its citizens be responsible or it simply won't function.  

Edited by Betterdays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peindreballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:30pm
ok, i read it. americains are not robots, but they are brainwashed in a way. and gun restriction is good idea. i read in a newspaper in canada that they were trying to legalize guns in pubs. i agree, if a bear walked into a bar you would not have a gun to shoot it, and would be killed (...forgot the word, meaning the oppisate of what you say)

Edited by peindreballer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic