Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ZE best compressed air/hpa/nitro tank????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
slimjim23 View Drop Down
Likes to Bump Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimjim23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZE best compressed air/hpa/nitro tank????
    Posted: 04 October 2004 at 4:18pm

after reading what you fellas have to say about the weight of one of these tanks, the only thing keeping me from buying one, i have decided to buy an hpa tank (...are all these names the same thing or different?)

so, can someone list some options of a good tank that shoots a good bit of shots before running out?

i have an a-5 w/ palmers stabilizer if that matters...also no drop forward.

Squirrel Master View Drop Down
Official Forum Haiku Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squirrel Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:32pm
Well....from what I know....a 45/45's a 45/45....There shouldn't be too much difference in the amount of shots per tank.....One of the main differences HPA tanks have from each other is their recharge rate between shots....with some tanks, during high rate of fire, the gun will not be supplied with enough air, but this is usually around 25 bps....most people cant fire that fast so picking a tank based on recharge rate isn't neccessary. I would just choose a good brand tank with the size you want......Crossfire and Evil Scion are two good tanks.....also Dye Throttle and if you can milk your parents bank account you might be able to get your hands on some WDP Air.......
ROCK IS DEAD!!! Long Live Paper and Scissors
Sand Man View Drop Down

Guested: Username Hikacking

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sand Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 7:20pm
can you refill em at the ol gas station free air pump or what? it is just what its called, right? compressed air...
(Go back to your old username. This one's taken.)

(formerly known as Hat Trick)
warbeak2099 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
So I said, "That is my foot!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warbeak2099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 7:36pm
Haha, no. An HPA tank is not refillable with a conventional compressor. They need high pressure compressors. A gas station pump is used to fill tires right? That's around 30-40psi tops. An HPA tank is rated at 3000psi, 4500psi, or 5000psi.

Nitro Ducks are the best screw-in tanks. This is based on the quality of their regulators. They are just flat-out better than any other screw-in reg on the market.
MIDN 2/C, US Navy

LCE-SpyderMag | G-Force Pneumatic Mag | '99 RF Sniper II
maroon out View Drop Down
Not "moron" - Geez!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maroon out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 7:40pm
/\/\ Crossfire and Air America (whose tanks all have lifetime warrenties) are also excellant brands.

Edited by maroon out
Watch your thoughts they become words
Watch your words they become actions
Watch your actions they become habits
Watch your habits they become character
Watch your character it becomes your destin
slimjim23 View Drop Down
Likes to Bump Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimjim23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 7:56pm

can someone please post some links to some quality tanks i should consider?

thanks for all the responses^^^

turismomtrx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turismomtrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 8:28pm
crossfire
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 1:46am
macdev conquest
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

slimjim23 View Drop Down
Likes to Bump Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimjim23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 5:06am
linksorz?
slimjim23 View Drop Down
Likes to Bump Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimjim23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:47pm
yeah...i want it by this weekend but to do that i need one to buy...
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by warbeak2099 warbeak2099 wrote:

Nitro Ducks are the best screw-in tanks. This is based on the quality of their regulators. They are just flat-out better than any other screw-in reg on the market.

I'm with Warbeak on this one. I freakin love my NitroDuck.

This is where I bought my tank from. They had the best price on my X-Stream 68/4500 Tuff Skin tank at the time. I think this is still the best price too.

DropZone Paintball HPA tanks

The NitroDuck Plasma is also a good reg. And there are a few Dye Throttles there too. Check it out.
Which falls faster, a lead ball or your IQ after reading some of these posts?

PSU Paintball

Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 6:27pm
If you want an adjustable-output tank, there's no beating the Centerflag Dynaflow.
slimjim23 View Drop Down
Likes to Bump Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimjim23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 6:40pm
lol woah anything a little cheaper? i know if i want a real quality tank im gonna have to shell out some bucks but still, are there any decently good tanks pretty cheap?
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 6:54pm
You get what you pay for. And the only tank you will find for under $100 is a heavy steel or aluminum tank that you can normally only find in 47ci 3000psi formats.

Seriously, just dump the extra cash on a good tank and be much happier for longer with it. You can probably find a Crossfire tank for around $150. They are pretty good.

Depending on what you do and play, I would suggest either a 45/4500 tank if you are a front speedballer who can fill up often, a 68/4500 if you are a back speedballer or if you play pretty conservative woodsball. Those really huge tanks like the 88, 90, and 118ci tanks are just a bit too much for my tastes.

PSU Paintball

slimjim23 View Drop Down
Likes to Bump Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimjim23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 7:49pm

^^^yeah but the thing is i dont know if i'm serious enough of a player to do that. i dont tourney play, i dabble in speedball but mostly woodsball...

i just got my palmers stabilizer though. havent even tried it in a game lol. i dont know why i just have the sudden urge to get nitro.

maybe i'll just try my gun now and see if it satisfies me. i just dont like the idea of seeing the end of the road when it comes to upgrading my a-5. its sad times fellas

SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 8:13pm
Well think about it like this. In woodsball, you really don't need HPA. For the price of a crappy HPA tank you could buy 5 20oz. CO2 tanks, that would last 10 times longer than that one crappy HPA tank. And considering you have the Stabalizer, you can get some pretty darn good consistency with that.

The main reason why speedballers use HPA is because it's just that little bit more consistent. They need their velocities to be as consistent as possible so they can get as close to the allowed barrel velocity to keep their chances of hitting a breaking on a target as high as possible.

If you just play rec, don't worry about HPA unless you really really have the money burning a hole through your pocket.

Put that money into something more productive such as a new gun or a fancy upgrade.

PSU Paintball

slimjim23 View Drop Down
Likes to Bump Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimjim23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 8:33pm
thanks snakeeyes. that actually helped me
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by SnakeEyes SnakeEyes wrote:

pretty darn good consistency with that.

The main reason why speedballers use HPA is because it's just that little bit more consistent. They need their velocities to be as consistent as possible so they can get as close to the allowed barrel velocity to keep their chances of hitting a breaking on a target as high as possible.

AND because we dont want to be runing anything that will freeze up out markers. if you have a electro phnumatic you dont want condensation on on your solinoid that will make water droplets that will end up on your electronics and fry them
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 11:02pm
Yes, that is true for the fancy pants upper end guns.

My statement was implying the use of HPA for Tippmann speedballers. But that actually gets me thinking now, how does the E-Bolt run on CO2?

PSU Paintball

slimjim23 View Drop Down
Likes to Bump Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimjim23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 5:11am

i'd think not well ^^^ unless you dont take avantage of the e-bolt's speed...which just doesnt make sense.

i just need a setup that will handle my response trigger, something that'll keep my shots consistent and not freezing my gun.

would an a-5 with a palmers stabilizer and antisiphon tank be as good as an a-5 with a cheap/average hpa tank?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic