FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Christian Hardcore music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
For Honor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike, stupid sexual slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote For Honor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:31pm

Originally posted by MuRdoc18 MuRdoc18 wrote:

and if you want to talk to a ingnorant teenager go to this kid^

boomstick just got:

Edited by For Honor
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:32pm
that sig is just too funny^^

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

Originally posted by tippy_182 tippy_182 wrote:

So you have never been to a christian rock concert, nor have you seen
one from TV. From what you've wrote you didn't even take time to
go on the internet and read some lyrics.

Your just as sad as vision.

heh.. why is that sad? Why in my right mind would I go look up lyrics for something im never going to listen to? I think you took what I wrote the wrong way or something. By all means it wasnt meant to get you all butt hurt over.

Your response was funny though

If I remember correctly, about a week ago, in some heated rap thread argument, you said that people should be open-minded and find some rap they could relate to or like.

Now do you see the double standard?  Seems like the rules change to fit your life, don't they?

Your post was quite funny as well.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:45pm

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Mosh pit at a Christian rock concert?  Seems a little inconsistent?

Show me in the bible where we it anything about not listening to hard rock or moshing.................You can't.

Your going by what you've heard from bible extremists and have idea what your talking about.

I challenge anyone.

And 40 years ago Elvis was thought to be evil.  Times change and now that more christian youth want to rock, they're going to.  It's not a sin to do so.........

First, take a great big chill pill.

The mosh pits with which I am familiar are basically lame excuses for fighting.  You go into the mosh pit expecting to get a broken nose, and disappointed if you're not bleeding when you leave.  And that I DO consider inconsistent with contemporary American Protestant Christianity.  Maybe your mosh pits involve holding hands, but mine involve headbutts and flying elbows.

Now, on to your larger point:  40 years?  You have got to be kidding.  Check the 700 Club - those guys are talking about Satanic music all the time.  Or just check your local evangelical pastor.  Ozzie, Marylin, Def Leppard(!), Judas Priest - the list goes on of modern-day rock bands that have been accused of being "evil" in some form or other.

You are right - there is no longer an across-the-board condemnation of all rock music by any large church.  Whoop-de-do.  Churches are still condemning music all the time.

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:50pm

Mosh pit at a Christian rock concert?  Seems a little inconsistent?

Show me in the bible where we it anything about not listening to hard rock or moshing.................You can't.

Your going by what you've heard from bible extremists and have idea what your talking about.

I challenge anyone.

And 40 years ago Elvis was thought to be evil.  Times change and now that more christian youth want to rock, they're going to.  It's not a sin to do so.........

First, take a great big chill pill.

The mosh pits with which I am familiar are basically lame excuses for fighting.  You go into the mosh pit expecting to get a broken nose, and disappointed if you're not bleeding when you leave.  And that I DO consider inconsistent with contemporary American Protestant Christianity.  Maybe your mosh pits involve holding hands, but mine involve headbutts and flying elbows.

Now, on to your larger point:  40 years?  You have got to be kidding.  Check the 700 Club - those guys are talking about Satanic music all the time.  Or just check your local evangelical pastor.  Ozzie, Marylin, Def Leppard(!), Judas Priest - the list goes on of modern-day rock bands that have been accused of being "evil" in some form or other.

You are right - there is no longer an across-the-board condemnation of all rock music by any large church.  Whoop-de-do.  Churches are still condemning music all the time.

Don't get the wrong idea of christians by what a few loud mouth people say.

The majority of christians arent like that.  Im not, my family isn't, but if a christian says anything is wrong(like homosexuality) then it immediately becomes christians are arogant and un-open minded.  No, we believe what we believe, and I don't have to sleep with a male and try it out to be open-minded and realize I'm not homosexual(not directed at Clark Kent)

Yes, some churches do condemn music, but the majority of churches don't, if you talked to most people in church they listen to something other than "christian" music.  You can be a christian and listen to more than praise songs and hymns.

Edited by tippy_182

VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:51pm

If I remember correctly, about a week ago, in some heated rap thread argument, you said that people should be open-minded and find some rap they could relate to or like.

Now do you see the double standard?  Seems like the rules change to fit your life, don't they?

Will you just stop, no one is going to listen to you and visa versa. You sound like a PMS'ing 13 year old.

boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:52pm
Everyone just stop arguing about christian rock. It is not worth arguing over becuase it sucks.
YONK~!~
Check This Out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by boomstick boomstick wrote:

Everyone just stop arguing about christian rock. It is not worth arguing over becuase it sucks.

five iron frenzy > you

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by VisionIMP VisionIMP wrote:

Will you just stop, no one is going to listen to you and visa versa. You sound like a PMS'ing 13 year old.

Coming from someone who just got owned.

Nice attempt to cover up your pain..................

keithx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:53pm

there is a HUGE difference between the mosh pit at the ozzfest and the moshing that goes on at real hardcore shows...

the kids who listen to norma jean, etc. are into this whole "fashion core" or "metal core" movement... they wear girls jeans, have horrible haircuts, and talk about being tough even though they weigh 90 pounds soaking wet... so they are disliked by both hardcore kids and old long haired metal heads...

I prefer .223 over .68
---------------------
A-5 R/T
Flatline w/ F/X SD shroud
F/X Sniper stock
Intruder Assault Foregrip
SpecterGear CQB 3pt Sling
Crossfire 68/4500 (coming soon)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by VisionIMP VisionIMP wrote:

he made a good point and that's yer response to it?

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:55pm

he made a good point and that's yer response to it?

Thank you shocker, cause he never would have admitted I had a point.

Edited by tippy_182

boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

Originally posted by boomstick boomstick wrote:

five iron frenzy > you

maybe. I don't listen to much christian rock. I'm just saying all this stuff so people will get pissed.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:57pm
No crap Tippy. You hate me thats chill lol.

Plus ive listend to Christian rock, and I dont like it. Therfore I wouldnt ever need to look up lyrics for it because im not going to listen to it.

Try not to make me look like a dumbass on things ive said weeks ago that you are trying to counter me on. For once I wasnt trying to start anything. Though if you like, it can keep going.
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

No crap Tippy. You hate me thats chill lol.

Plus ive listend to Christian rock, and I dont like it. Therfore I wouldnt ever need to look up lyrics for it because im not going to listen to it.

Try not to make me look like a dumbass on things ive said weeks ago that you are trying to counter me on. For once I wasnt trying to start anything. Though if you like, it can keep going.

Ive only disagreed with you on one other thing, rap.  And I disagree with everyone on rap.  Not picking on you in general.

I agree, I probably should give rap more a chance, just people like Lil Jon ruin it for me.  No ones perfect.  I wouldnt have said anything if in the rap thread you would have just said "I like rap and I don't care if anyone else does".

I just find it when I say I have listened to rap and don't like it, you said we should be open-minded and find some we like, then go and make a comment you havn't really given that much of a chance.

Edited by tippy_182

Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 6:06pm
Meh.. maybe I didnt read all the pages on the rap thing close enough. I was making the comment to the majority of the people that had posted there.

Tis all a misunderstanding.

Time to eat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 7:06pm

Don't get the wrong idea of christians by what a few loud mouth people say.

The majority of christians arent like that.  ...

Yes, some churches do condemn music, but the majority of churches don't,....

Certainly true.

BUT, while not all (and not most) Christians are talking about Satanic music, pretty much ZERO non-Christians are talking about Satanic music.  Tipper Gore complains about music, but she doesn't call it Satanic (although I do believe she is is a Christian), and her biggest beef is with rap.

As a result, it is not surprising that people associate churches with complaining about rock music.  It certainly is an unfair generalization, but it isn't wrong.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 7:08pm
BTW - any South Park fans here?
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 8:57pm

Im sorry tippy but you obviously cant tell when someone, such as myself, doesnt give a crap what you think of me or what i say. The fact of the matter is, I HATE CHRISTIAN ROCK. Nothing you do will change my mind. Its not worth arguing over, i never cared in the first place, and you never had to open your big mouth and turn this into a religious debate.

You can go on thinking you "owned" me but how can you "own" someone who doesnt give a damn in the first place.

We really need Enos to lock this topic.

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 9:06pm
^^^I would want it locked if I were you to........

VisionImp -  0

Tippy_182-  1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic