Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Christian Hardcore music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Mosh pit at a Christian rock concert?  Seems a little inconsistent?

Show me in the bible where we it anything about not listening to hard rock or moshing.................You can't.

Your going by what you've heard from bible extremists and have idea what your talking about.

I challenge anyone.

And 40 years ago Elvis was thought to be evil.  Times change and now that more christian youth want to rock, they're going to.  It's not a sin to do so.........

Edited by tippy_182

VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 3:02pm

Originally posted by boomstick boomstick wrote:

The only christian hardcore band that i know of is underoath and they suck.  I dont listen to christian rock because it is so pathetic. If you want god, go to chruch and be more active in your church's community. If you want to listen to music, listen to something good.

wait a min....Underoath is christian rock???? holy crapzor!

Fear before the march of flames sounds pretty good when i listened to em at FYE, but i cant stand christian rock so nevermind them.

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by VisionIMP VisionIMP wrote:

The only christian hardcore band that i know of is underoath and they suck.  I dont listen to christian rock because it is so pathetic. If you want god, go to chruch and be more active in your church's community. If you want to listen to music, listen to something good.

Fear before the march of flames sounds pretty good when i listened to em at FYE, but i cant stand christian rock so nevermind them.

Are you so ignorant that you like music and find out the genre and hate it???

I can't even say what I want for fear of a strike..........

boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 3:12pm
^I had a hard time believing underoath was christian rock too.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 3:27pm
I went to Autum Blaze on saturday (a huge Christian rock concert at the Continental Airline Arena).  There were 16,000 people there.  The only reason that I went was because I'm a youth counceler and I got in for free.  I was really suprised by a band called "Skillet".  Their music is really hard core and I was sitting there thinking "This is really stupid...  God would hate this..."
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 3:27pm

Alot of Hardcore bands are "christian", not because they sing about god or anything, but because they are xXx (StraightEdge).

Anyway.

Im not the biggest fan of Hardcore music in general, but I have seen NormaJean live before. I saw them here in Orlando at The Social (the place where they started playing at)They have tons of energy on stage, and I personally dont know how the lead singer dosent shoot his voice-box out singing like he does.

They are one of the few Hardcore bands I see live, becuase usually the pits at hardcore shows suck. You dont just get the pushing/shoving of punk pits, they will karatechop and kick you to death, (or "hardcore dance" as the kiddies like to say). Its just not that good of a show when you have to worry about getting your skull knocked in all night.

RenegadeGopher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Renegade of Funk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RenegadeGopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 3:41pm
Christians are retarded.

Slipknot sucks.

Hatebreed is full of sewage.

End of this.
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by tippy_182 tippy_182 wrote:

I said they were pretty good, i never said i liked them, i listened to em some more before i made this post and didnt like them, now that i know they are christian rock i dont like them even more. Just like what renegadegopher said i dont like christians, let alone religion so im not going to listen to their music.

Why do you even care?

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 3:52pm

I said they were pretty good, i never said i liked them, i listened to em some more before i made this post and didnt like them, now that i know they are christian rock i dont like them even more. Just like what renegadegopher said i dont like christians, let alone religion so im not going to listen to their music.

Why do you even care?

So in you sick world, they're pretty good really means I don't like them?

And I care because it's people like you that sit back and call christians ignorant and non open-minded.

Edited by tippy_182

boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 4:12pm
^Who really cares?? the punisher sucks.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 4:18pm
Christian rock comparable to slipknot and hatebreed?

so what.. its like

::screaming:: JESUS LOVES YOU ::headbangs:: ::screams more:: ooo JESUS WILL SAVE YOU ::screams quotes from bible::

Sounds like a grand ol' time to me..
Variable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Variable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by borntopaint borntopaint wrote:

Originally posted by Variable Variable wrote:

Originally posted by borntopaint borntopaint wrote:

hardness comparable to hatebreed / slipknot

Problem located.

how is that a problem?

It is a problem because slipknot is anything but heavy.
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

so what.. its like

::screaming:: JESUS LOVES YOU ::headbangs:: ::screams more:: ooo JESUS WILL SAVE YOU ::screams quotes from bible::

So you have never been to a christian rock concert, nor have you seen one from TV.  From what you've wrote you didn't even take time to go on the internet and read some lyrics.

Your just as sad as vision.

WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 4:25pm

Originally posted by Trogdor2 Trogdor2 wrote:

I went to Autum Blaze on saturday (a huge Christian rock concert at the Continental Airline Arena).  There were 16,000 people there.  The only reason that I went was because I'm a youth counceler and I got in for free.  I was really suprised by a band called "Skillet".  Their music is really hard core and I was sitting there thinking "This is really stupid...  God would hate this..."

ive listened to skillet before, i have one of their CDs, but i stopped listening to them cause it really got annoying, its like really bad rock that talks about God, and most of the stuff they say isnt part of the Bible and God probably wouldn like it.

Now i listen a lot to a band called Pillar. My favorite song by them is called Holding On, I also like third day (fav song by them is creed), switch foot is really good too (fav song is I dare You to Move) then I have lots and lots of other various christian atrists.

My only problem with Pillar is that their old CDs are under the Christian genre but their new CDs are under the Rock genre, i dont understand...

WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 4:29pm

Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

so what.. its like

So you have never been to a christian rock concert, nor have you seen one from TV.  From what you've wrote you didn't even take time to go on the internet and read some lyrics.

not really, im not a fan of noma jean (the headbanging stuff), i cant stand stuff that hardcore, but the music i listen to is fluent, not the breaks or screams in it, and there is a lot of bass and drums, some guitar, but not too much (well, i dont really notice it)..

Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 4:36pm

So you have never been to a christian rock concert, nor have you seen
one from TV. From what you've wrote you didn't even take time to
go on the internet and read some lyrics.

heh.. why is that sad? Why in my right mind would I go look up lyrics for something im never going to listen to? I think you took what I wrote the wrong way or something. By all means it wasnt meant to get you all butt hurt over.

Your response was funny though
MuRdoc18 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
aka ALWAYSRIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuRdoc18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

Originally posted by Trogdor2 Trogdor2 wrote:

ive listened to skillet before, i have one of their CDs, but i stopped listening to them cause it really got annoying, its like really bad rock that talks about God, and most of the stuff they say isnt part of the Bible and God probably wouldn like it.

Now i listen a lot to a band called Pillar. My favorite song by them is called Holding On, I also like third day (fav song by them is creed), switch foot is really good too (fav song is I dare You to Move) then I have lots and lots of other various christian atrists.

My only problem with Pillar is that their old CDs are under the Christian genre but their new CDs are under the Rock genre, i dont understand...

Have you heard pillar's cover of Sunday bloody Sunday? Freakin awesome song.

Member of Forumer Against Most Forumers.
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by MuRdoc18 MuRdoc18 wrote:

Have you heard pillar's cover of Sunday bloody Sunday? Freakin awesome song.
no....
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:26pm
i'm more of a christian ska/comp kind of guy....

CREATION!!!!

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
keithx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 5:27pm
i am still waiting for some "hardcore" bands to be named besides hatebreed...
I prefer .223 over .68
---------------------
A-5 R/T
Flatline w/ F/X SD shroud
F/X Sniper stock
Intruder Assault Foregrip
SpecterGear CQB 3pt Sling
Crossfire 68/4500 (coming soon)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic