Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro/Carbine help... again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TerranDemon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerranDemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro/Carbine help... again
    Posted: 02 October 2004 at 8:53pm
Alright, i've been looking around, and i've come up with some more questions.

First, how can i use one of the car stocks (the ones that extend to like 3 different possitions) for the 98 Custom for my Carbine? And then, could i put the "M16" style raised sight rail for the 98 Custom on my Pro/Carbine, i think they both have the same type mounting rails.

Now something that goes with my pro/carbine... What is the difference from normal HPA tanks, carbon fiber, and the wrapped fiber HPA tanks? thanks all
I'm Anything But Ordinary

individual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote individual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2004 at 9:04pm
The only way you can get the 98 car stock on to your carbine is to lathe off some of the material then put thread on it, which would be very involed and a real pain. You could look around for an old air-tipps Pro/carbine car stock. As for the sight rail, it will fit but it will not hold the linkage arm in place and that means you'ld have to keep your stock plastic sight on as well.
   There are steel HPA tanks which are heavier and more durable, and there are carbon fiber and wrapped fiber which are the same thing. These tanks are much lighter but are more easily scratched and usully are more expensive. The steel and fiber tanks both perform there duties the same.
   Good Luck with your Pro/Carbine

Edited by individual
Pro/Carbine
J&J Ceramic 14"-Airtipps RVA
Dye stickies-Evil 2x Trigger
SL68II Trigger Spring with tensioner-Lighter sear spring
Polished Internals-SS screws
-In the works-
ASA-->VA w/ AA Reg
spenchutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spenchutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2004 at 9:06pm
you cant put the stock or the m16 rail on your p/c.  you have to buy p/c specific parts that only airtipps sells but they went out of business and now their products are unavailable.  you're out of luck.  I was looking for the same stuff a couple months ago and never found anyone i just gave up after searching for like 2 weeks. 
Setup:
Tippmann Pro/Carbine
Dead On Expansion Chamber
Shocktech Long Drop Forward
12" Lapco Bigshot
TerranDemon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerranDemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2004 at 9:26pm
well, if i have to, i'll just mod available parts to do the job for me. ok, the linkage arm... right, i'm with you now. I can just "slide" the little plastic curant sight rail thing up some to allow the other one more room. If the plastic sight thingie has a name, please tell me so i dont sound like a fool forever. But, i love my pro/carbine... so i'm going to mod it alittle bit every year i suppose. thanks for all the help, and more suggestions are welcome from anyone
I'm Anything But Ordinary

individual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote individual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2004 at 10:26pm
Its just called the sight, i said that so it was more clear. You cant really just slide it forward cause if you look at it there is a recess that the back of the sight sits in to hold it in place. Its good to see people that care for the Pro/Carbine, its and amazing gun that will be there for you whenever you need it. Enjoy
Pro/Carbine
J&J Ceramic 14"-Airtipps RVA
Dye stickies-Evil 2x Trigger
SL68II Trigger Spring with tensioner-Lighter sear spring
Polished Internals-SS screws
-In the works-
ASA-->VA w/ AA Reg
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2004 at 11:48pm
Another solution to your rear sight, you could post around places like the tinkers guild buy/sell forum for a prolite rear sight. Theyre metal, and lock on with a set screw into the little circular divot on top of the gun. They sit a bit farther forward, and since its metal you could always shorten it up with a hacksaw.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic