FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mods revamping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mods revamping
    Posted: 12 September 2004 at 3:51pm
Anyone else think, we need to rethink who our mods are?

We have 15 mods exactly.

Octane: Last visit, September 2: Tippmann IT
KRL15: Last visit, July 4: ran off by whiny OMHW members
Rambino: Last visit, September 9: Busy with a new child (Congrats)
Tippmann Tech: Last visit JANUARY 19: What the crap!!!
HwayHzrd: Last visit September 10: Busy with a new job, but still has time to drop in
Reb cpl: Last visit, Today: Active Mod, Stick Czar
Evil Elvis: Last visit, August 15 : Is never around, unknown reasons
Sandman: Last visit, yesterday : Active mod
Picasso: Last visit, August 15 : I have never seen an edit by him. OMHW seniority
Enos Shenk: Last visit, today : SHI enough said
RockSlide: Last visit, August 24 : Not around very often. but still shows up.
Shortbp: Last visit, September 9 : Havn't seen very much moderating recently.
Pepperdog: Last visit, JULY 15 : King of mods, though not very active.

I bring this point to light because of whats starting to go on. I the New Players forum right at this moment, there are at least 2 topics open with naked women in them. Enos and Reb seem to be the 2 most active moderators. There are also multiple ways of getting ahold of them. Maybe we should rethink who our mods are? Some are never around. Names in red are mods who should be removed, in my opinion. Mods that are NEVER around unless they are spoken about. Last time i brought this point up, Evil Elvis mysteriously appeared, edited 2 posts, and has been gone since.

We need more active mods. Forcing KRL out of here was a horrible thing. Nobody should be made to feel that they are not welcome around here, unless they blatantly violate rules, then they get IPblocked. He was on the forum a lot of the day and could watch for these kinds of things.

What we need are mods like this, that can keep an eye out more often. Also a helpful matter is that Reb and Enos (2 most active) have  multiple means of being informed. They both have AIM handles, and Enos can also be reached on #paintball, where there is almost always someone looking through the forum. Its great and quick response system.

bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 3:55pm
yeah we are in a mod drought almost.
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 3:55pm
Yup, I need be promoted.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 3:55pm

Good thread Guyzorz

most of the old/OMHW mods just show up and post, not actually mod, they should be plat and pass the modship to more active people  -sandman of course

Edited by BARREL BREAK
RfUiLreZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RfUiLreZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 3:56pm
Yeah. Me too.
Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 3:57pm
I think some of the more mature plats could do the job easily enough. Even if they aren't here a lot, individually, give enough of them 4 stars and they can cover the job.

WuNgUN
and
Reifidom

for example.

Even some gold and standard members could be mods, from what they post, and how they act.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 3:57pm
well first Jason needs to fix the star system, cough cough
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 3:58pm
Reifdom and WuNgUN, I really dont think are here enough, If given the opportunity, there are tons of people who would, and would do it well though
-ProDigY- View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 4/20 faliure to follow sig rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ProDigY- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 3:59pm
I think we absolutely need more mods.
Great thread.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 4:01pm
youm0nt for mod! lol editeds would be <>
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Anyone else think, we need to rethink who our mods are?

me.
Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

Yup, I need be promoted.

Edited by youm0nt
Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Reifdom and WuNgUN, I really dont think are here enough, If given the opportunity, there are tons of people who would, and would do it well though

That's true.

Although some of the people who would be very active as mods, are also the same people who despise idiocy/refuse to leave T&O for more than a minute at a time. Which I feel is fully justified given the current outbreak in new player.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 4:02pm

Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

youm0nt for mod! lol editeds would be <>

motion seconded

Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 4:03pm
I'd say Funky and Pat, even though I know Pat wouldnt want to be mod.

Funky would make an uber mod though.

I agree with Theguy as far as the mod being from #paintball, I dont know how many countless times I or someone else linked Enos to a thread that needed fixing, information about the forum does indeed spread extremely fast in #paintball.

Edited by Solipsism
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 4:04pm

Originally posted by Frozen Frozen wrote:

Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

That's true.

Although some of the people who would be very active as mods, are also the same people who despise idiocy/refuse to leave T&O for more than a minute at a time. Which I feel is fully justified given the current outbreak in new player.

the one and only reason i dont say "let me mod" is that i dont leave T&O except t regs and marker gallery

matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 4:04pm
we do need more mods that arent going to abuse the privalages.

To do that, people that have been demoted or have had strikes shouldnt even be considered. active mods are a rarity nowadays. I dont even recognize half the mods names you listed.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 4:05pm
I say let the forum run itself.

Soon it will be like, "Lord of the Flies." I cant wait to see who Piggy will be.

boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 4:07pm
we need more mods. i havent heard of half of those mods you listed. i think youm0nt should be a mod.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 4:09pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

I say let the forum run itself.

Soon it will be like, "Lord of the Flies." I cant wait to see who Piggy will be.

please, use a GOOD book as an example, and spyder099 gets my vote as piggy 

DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 4:21pm
I concur (sp?) i dont see many mods i think ive seen enos, reb, and sandman recently

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic