FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mods revamping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 8:21pm
Thanks whomever it was that gave me a recommedation! As I have said before privately to other mods, I don't think I could be a mod here. Not because I am not here enough as someone else hinted, seeing how I probably log 6-7 hrs. here daily, but because I can be thick headed and could/can disappear for days or weeks at a time (very rarely though). The KRL15 witchhunt and the politics/arguing involved were enough to scare me out of ever wanting to become one. I also can't stand the way some members "kiss the tail" of mods hoping it will open-up some doors or at least the Regular's section! I think things have been running fairly smoothly lately, but miss some of the mods who use to frequent the forums more.

Edited by WUNgUN
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 8:25pm

Originally posted by WUNgUN WUNgUN wrote:

The KRL15 witchhunt and the politics/arguing involved were enough to scare me out of ever wanting to become one.

lmao, appropiate words 

Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 8:28pm
someone wanna tell me if the star machine is back up? i really want to know. because the last time i saw wun gun i thought he was gold.
WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Smitty Smitty wrote:

someone wanna tell me if the star machine is back up? i really want to know. because the last time i saw wun gun i thought he was gold.

That was probably 2 years ago or so...nice try Bic!

Edited by WUNgUN
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 8:34pm
o. i swore you were gold earlier. oh well. still i want to know if the machine is fixed. they were talking about it right before i had to leave for a while. just wondering. i hope they did. i figured they did with all of the talk about getting new mods becuase we dont have enough active ones.
hoginds24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
who’s the ph00l now?!?!?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoginds24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 8:43pm
i think some with a major role in PBC should be promoted. But maybe thats because im there so much
[IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6924/willproducsv6.jpg">
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 8:52pm
I can only imagine what would happen if i was a mod...
The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 9:06pm

Originally posted by WUNgUN WUNgUN wrote:

Thanks whomever it was that gave me a recommedation! As I have said before privately to other mods, I don't think I could be a mod here. Not because I am not here enough as someone else hinted, seeing how I probably log 6-7 hrs. here daily, but because I can be thick headed and could/can disappear for days or weeks at a time (very rarely though). The KRL15 witchhunt and the politics/arguing involved were enough to scare me out of ever wanting to become one. I also can't stand the way some members "kiss the tail" of mods hoping it will open-up some doors or at least the Regular's section! I think things have been running fairly smoothly lately, but miss some of the mods who use to frequent the forums more.

i also hate that. i dont care who the person is, if i disagree then i will speak my mind, even if it pisses them off. I think that youm0nt should be a mod if he wants and so should a couple of other platinum members.

I LIKE BIKES!
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

I'd sell our house, and use the money to find you and destroy you.

bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

LMAO good ol frozen balls
meteora View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meteora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 9:24pm
too bad we couldnt clone enos....

GUN WHORE
XTC
patrick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Walking Dead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 9:26pm
hm. i'd probably be up for it, but like enos said, the forum is so broke, i don't think i'd be able to deal with it. we really need someone like me, who doesn't keep normal hours : ) i may not post as much anymore, but i'm always reading.

gnarkill View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Hamster Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 9:27pm

Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

LMAO good ol frozen balls

my good ole friend.

Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 9:27pm
If I modded.. Id be the one everyone had a problem with, and Id love it.
meteora View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meteora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 9:29pm

if i was a mod.... i would give everyone a puppy

thats a good thread idear...if i was a mod i would (insert action here)

GUN WHORE
XTC
HeadHunter59 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dial down the center!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadHunter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 9:32pm

I think that all the mods need to talk and figure out what they wanna do. Its not are choice who we want its the other mods and whatnot. I think we just play it out and see what happens yeah we need more but its the mdos choice.

Yeah i agree with nomating(SP?) people it might open the mods eyes and watch them and see how they do and maybe they could be next mod or something.

My 2 cents.

Edited by HeadHunter59
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 9:52pm
Thanks for reccomendations*

*Jackasses
patrick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Walking Dead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by HeadHunter59 HeadHunter59 wrote:

I think that all the mods need to talk and figure out what they wanna do. Its not are choice who we want its the other mods and whatnot. I think we just play it out and see what happens yeah we need more but its the mdos choice.

Yeah i agree with nomating(SP?) people it might open the mods eyes and watch them and see how they do and maybe they could be next mod or something.

My 2 cents.

no, it really doesn't matter at all. they can't add any more mods until the forum is fixed.

Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

Thanks for reccomendations*

*Jackasses

Haven't had a chance to touch yourself tonight?

That will make all better.
ump107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ump107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2004 at 12:08am

An idea I have seen on other forums is for each section of the forum there are 1 or 2 primary moderators for that particular group of threads. It helps reduce the workload on all of the moderators by giving them a specific area of responsibility. They are not restricted to only their primary section of the forum so if necessary if the thoughts and opinions moderator is in the new player forum and he sees a troll doing something stupid he can take care of it.

I know it is difficult to find good moderators too. Maybe develop a test to for the perspective moderates to take to help determine if they really are up to the job. Their would still have to be a Grand Puba moderator to oversee the moderator group and make sure they do actually do their job and are not abusing their privileges. There could even be a requirement for moderators to verify that they are actively visiting the site and earning their “keep”.

As far as requirements for moderators goes, that would be hard to determine. I suppose you could require moderators to be a minimum age, and to use proper spelling and grammar to at lest make them look somewhat intelligent. But I wouldn’t recommend any number of post requirements or years experience or years of forum use. There are many mature wise visitors to the site. Those who know to think about and plan an appropriate reply for their thoughts on a topic.

In my opinion from the posts I have read I think oldsoldier if he has the time would make a good moderator, he seems to be wise and thinks out his posts.

Edited by ump107
Tippman 98 Custom
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
BT-16 Barrel kit
BT-Folding stock
JT USA Spectra ProShield
"If you must runaway do so quietly; Screaming looks bad on the news.” (unknown)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic