Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$80 (besides marker)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FreQ the Havoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreQ the Havoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $80 (besides marker)
    Posted: 10 September 2004 at 6:15pm

I'm getting a stock A-5 on tomarrow, and I have $80 otherwise to spend.  What kind of gear should I get?  I'll just get 200 balls for under $10, either a 16oz Co2 tank or a 20oz Co2 tank, And goggles of some brand.

If you have any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated!

>X - CORTANA 1 0 CRYOSTOR. 23.4.7
>(PRIORITY ALPHA)

>UNSEAL THE HUSHED CASKET
DMN 0166 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMN 0166 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 6:18pm
almost all jt model goggles are great goggles. the v-force morph are great goggles as well. i recomend a thermal lense, so you dont experience fogging.

expecially with a tippmann, a 20 oz is worth it.

your also going to need a pod pack. the only way to determite what pack you like, is to try it on. different packs fit different people differently... there's a sentance for ya.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 6:35pm

You have several choices to use that $80

1. Goggles

2. Double trigger

3. Barrel

4. Co2 tank

5. Ball hauling (harness)

6. A case of 2000 paintballs (most of brand name balls are under $60)

7. Drop forward

Theres more but, it depends on what type of game yer into....woodsball or speedball?

Do not steal....the government hates competition!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreQ the Havoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 6:40pm
I was also wondering if anyone has heard of JT Head Sheild.  It seems like it would be comfortable, but I don't know if it would be entirely practicle.  Though it's only $30.00, and it seems pretty cool... 
>(PRIORITY ALPHA)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 6:44pm
If you can, go to where they have it and ask if you can try it on and see if you feel comfortable wit it...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreQ the Havoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 6:45pm
     Yeah, that's what I figured.
>(PRIORITY ALPHA)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 6:49pm
Well thats the only way yer gonna do it, you cant jus pick up a mask thinking its a perfect fit fer you...its jus like tryin on a new pair of pants...you hafta try it on 1st before making a purchase.
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 10:31pm
i have the JT Elite Headshield and it works great. doesnt fog up and stuff, and it's comfortable. it's a good mask. i'd say try it on then if you like it go for it. get a 20 oz CO2 (you wont be sorry), mask, pod pack if you want, J+J Ceramic barrel. and that would be about it. i'd say the barrel should be upgraded because it's not very good(a lot of people will tell you this).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic