Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I’m thinking about quitting paintball...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 11:54pm
heh get good and try and get on a sponsored team...that will take care of yer money troubles

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 11:55pm
im in almost the exact same situation as you are, only i get a limited amount of money from doing some stuff around the house ($5 a week) and the only real thing of value i have is my xbox which im not going to sell and i cant really get a job since my permit got revoked then reinstated and i have to start the permit driving time all over,

i just recently bought a r/t (e-grip would have been my first choice but i dont have the fundage) brand new for $50 on ebay , but all that money came from selling my GBA, my only solution to the problem was to get my dad into paintball, after he went out and saw me play like 1 time he started asking me about guns and stuff and wanting to know what he should/could get in his price range and all, but if thats not possible for you than maybe mow some neighborhood lawns or paint some houses, walk dogs, shovel snow, wash cars, look for old people that need stuff done, do whatever you need to, if you could do stuff like that after school for a year or so even if you only upgrade $10 and $20 at a time (what im doing) its still better than nothing, and then after you get the smaller things out of the way you can start working on saving up for the bigger stuff

A-5
E-grip
32 W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32 bottomline
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 11:58pm
^^heh i did that when i first started...my dad is already a hunter/gun freak so when i got into paintball he became very interested and encouraged me to play and bought me stuff

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
HondaXR View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Makes Foxworthy Look Like a Yankee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaXR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 10:45am

Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

Just take a break, don't quit.

Yea I havent played since last December....All I use is a SL2 and I can own with it......

SL68II
Pro/Am
68 Carbine
gogged_86 View Drop Down
KY Test Subject

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogged_86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 11:02am
i havnt played since last month.... but i play again next weekend. funds sick here too, bought a car, then sunk moola into the car because of a problem so almost all my summe rmoney went into the car. no money for upgrades but i still play. keep shootin, where there is a will there is a way
Gogged_86
TheSpookyKids87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Heh-heh heh-heh - You said "post"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSpookyKids87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 11:10am
I haven't played in a long time..about four months, and I have a job, but I spend money on other stuff like food and going out.
S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S\/\/4T-L()G4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 11:29am
Originally posted by rave5910 rave5910 wrote:

im in almost the exact same situation as you are, only i get a limited
amount of money from doing some stuff around the house ($5 a week) and
the only real thing of value i have is my xbox which im not going to
sell and i cant really get a job since my permit got revoked then
reinstated and i have to start the permit driving time all over,

I had a job when I was 14. Maybe laws are different where you guys live. I obviously couldn't drive at that age either.

I am not being mean, but if you want money THAT bad, you can get it. Maybe you can bike 3 miles to work. Maybe you have a farm near you. Maybe your neighbor needs stuff done around his house. I picked up sticks around my neighbors house for five hours and made $50. Thats a case and a half of cheap paint.
Bauerp0weR 18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bauerp0weR 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 11:41am

Get good at poker... I know I can't really relate to your money problems since I'm tight with my money and usually always have about $500 in reserve incase something comes along.  Anyway, get a group of guys together, 8 or so, and have like a $5 buy-in.  Yesterday I played with 7 guys and turned my $5 into $35.

You don't necessarily have to play with "friends" either, we had this kid named Elliot join our game, we all hate him but we just played with him to take his money, he came late and got out first, can't say no to easy money can ya? .

Black Smart Parts Ion
Halo B
Check-It Unimount
macroline
68/45 Pure Energy tank
Apache16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apache16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Joshy Joshy wrote:

Yeah..I guess you're right. It's better to play once every 2 months than not a while. Thanks man, you've been the only helpful person here.

Mow lawns????
My markers-

Tippmann 98 custom- 14" j&j ceramic, 12v revvy xboard

Spyder Aggressor xt

Brass Eagle Raptor ltd- 12" eagleworks ;)
Joshy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 11:51am
My parents are thinking about giving me money then having me work it off..
I guarantee that I am better than you at Halo 2.
Skirt View Drop Down
Likes to kiss the kitty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 11:51am
If I were in your position, I wouldn't quit. I'd pack it all away for
now, until I got a job. Temporary retirement. (I'm not sure if this
was already said, sorry if it was.)

An easy way to earn money:

Donate plasma to the blood banks.. I'm pretty sure they pay for
that. I haven't done it yet because I don't weigh enough.

Edited by Skirt
Tippmann 98 Custom
{No upgrades yet, need money}
Joshy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 11:55am
I'm only 16 if it changes any of your guys' suggestions.
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 12:31pm
Don't quit, just don't play as much. I would play more, but I don't have the time. I'm lucky to go paintballing 2 times every 6 months. I'm sure theres some type of work you can do too to get some extra cash.
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by <span style=font-size: 2px;> </span>

<a name=1410355></a>
         <span =bold>S\/\/4T-L()G4N   S\/\/4T-L()G4N wrote:

Maybe you can bike 3 miles to work. Maybe you have a farm near you. Maybe your neighbor needs stuff done around his house.

it would be more like 15 miles for me, i live out in the sticks and unless i can drive theres really no way i can get a job, i used to do stuff for the neighbors but then their kids grew up and didnt need baby sitters anymore and they started getting their kids to do all the work

A-5
E-grip
32 W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32 bottomline
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by newport newport wrote:

I quit...I still have my gun and gear, I just don't make a point of going once or twice a month anymore.

::shrugs::

There are better things in life to spend money on...like a car and a girlfriend.
Cars and girlfriends....psshh
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 2:14pm
so..just wait longer between outings..i havent played since like july..but im not contemplating quitting.

And if you think your A-5 makes your skills, and you refuse to downgrade, thats ridiculous.
Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff ZNuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 2:23pm
I haven't played in over a year. I have the money, I just don't feel like it. I think I have better things to do with my time/money.

You're 16? You should be able to get a job.
X
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 2:57pm
Eh im 13 and i have a job. In most places (in the US) you can have a job when you are 13, but work so many hours a week. And when your turn 14 you can work much more. I work for a realtor who pays me to pass out flyers to homes for his business. And i make anywhere from 15-20 an hour. The faster i walk the more i get paid..
Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Joshy Joshy wrote:

I'm only 16 if it changes any of your guys' suggestions.

get a REAL job...
Joshy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by matt06 matt06 wrote:

And if you think your A-5 makes your skills, and you refuse to downgrade, thats ridiculous.

I don't think it makes my skills. I'm just saying I'm bad enough with an A5, it wouldn't be worth it to downgrade.

Originally posted by Frozen Frozen wrote:

get a REAL job...

To (legally) work anywhere besides a fast food joint I have to have at least a 2.0, and since I ****ed up last year and no grades have been sent out this year, I can't get one.

Edited by Joshy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic