Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just saw the passion......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by munky! munky! wrote:

Originally posted by meteora meteora wrote:

I went to see it with my church, i got really sad its amazing what he did for us and what Jesus had to go through

keep in mind that it was a holly wood movie and the realy story was probibly a bit less heroric... havnt seen it though

i also dont think jesus has any signifigance

but i dont really know the story or anything... even though my mom was a pasture for awhile (luthern) so was my grandpa

I fail to see how someone endures days of constant torture and ridicule for us when he didn't even have to give us the time of day, and he isn't considered a hero?  We all deserve to be in hell and because of his love I'm going to heaven.  He's all the hero I need.

Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by tippy_182 tippy_182 wrote:

Originally posted by -ProDigY- -ProDigY- wrote:

Yeah, nothing like two straight hours of guilting you into
religion.

Exactly.  Even prodigy trying to throw an insult proved a point I'm trying to make.

Try watching the movie and see if you don't feel guilty.

I sure did.  And I should.

I made him go through every single minute of it.  He didn't just do it for me.  He did it for everyone.  Including you Prodigy.

He's not forcing anyone to believe in him.  Thats your choice nad he leaves it up to you.  But I'm guessing since you felt guilty hes already dealt with your heart.  I know it sure touched mine.

Dealt with...heart...ughhh

So you have a book and Mel Gibson to control your life. You win.
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

I find it amazing that people need some Hollywood movie to become inspired spiritually. It says a lot about both American culture and a majority of those who title themselves "Christians".

This goes to you and Frozen above me.

I was already a christian before I saw this movie but this helped me to realize.  But so what If this influences someone to become a christian?  I say they have more guts than either of you.  At least the standing for something instead of nothing.

Frozen---Mel Gibson has no control over my life, God does.  So don't make it seem like I'm worshipping Mel, because I'm not. 

Edited by tippy_182

Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:18pm

I went to see it with my church, i got really sad its amazing what he did for us and what Jesus had to go through

keep in mind that it was a holly wood movie and the realy story was probibly a bit less heroric... havnt seen it though

but i dont really know the story or anything... even though my mom was a pasture for awhile (luthern) so was my grandpa

I fail to see how someone endures days of constant torture and ridicule for us when he didn't even have to give us the time of day, and he isn't considered a hero?  We all deserve to be in hell and because of his love I'm going to heaven.  He's all the hero I need.
Your going to **edited** yourself when you die and find out your beliefs are bull...
I need a new Sig...
Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:19pm

I find it amazing that people need some Hollywood movie to become inspired spiritually. It says a lot about both American culture and a majority of those who title themselves "Christians".

I was already a christian before I saw this movie but this helped me to realize.  But so what If this influences someone to become a christian?  I say they have more guts than either of you.  At least the standing for something instead of nothing.

When did I, even once, even possibly, say that I'm not Christian?

Assumption is the mother of all **edited**ups.
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Your going to **edited** yourself when you die and find out your beliefs are bull...

I've repented of my sins and confessed them to Christ.  No offense, but the last place you will find my is hell.  Couldn't go if I wanted to.  I'm blood bought

-The Unknown- View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -The Unknown- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:20pm

You my friend, are severly messed up...

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Frozen Frozen wrote:

By the way you were talking, I proposed that you werent.  And anyone the uses the F word probably isn'y a christian.

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by -The Unknown- -The Unknown- wrote:

You my friend, are severly messed up...

I agree

Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -The Unknown- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:23pm

If you are a real christian, you probably wouldn't be using that kind of language right now...

Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:23pm

By the way you were talking, I proposed that you werent.  And anyone the uses the F word probably isn'y a christian.

Oh, so I can't be a christian because I swear every so often? One(two!) teeny weeny swear **edited**s me for life and possibly beyond?
Please, feed your garbage to someone else.

Ever heard of a devils advocate? Let's see if we can pick this apart. But no, I was actually serious about most of it.
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:25pm

I've repented of my sins and confessed them to Christ.  No offense, but the last place you will find my is hell.  Couldn't go if I wanted to.  I'm blood bought
You are pretty **edited**ing stupid huh? You totally missed my point. Your going to **edited** yourself when you die and just lay there instead of go to a make believe place in the clouds with the magic man who made you...
I need a new Sig...
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:26pm

Frozen---Mel Gibson has no control over my life, God does.  So don't make it seem like I'm worshipping Mel, because I'm not. 

I think you're a bit wrong. If I wanted the easy way out, then I'd be Christian and be exactly the same as everyone else around me. Being one of a few openly atheist students in a Catholic school of a thousand isn't really a piece of cake. But I stand up for what I believe and think about it as well.

So back to the thinking concept. I said a majority of those who call themselves Christian, not all of them. If your faith was not rejuvenated by the movie, then the post does not apply to you. Make sense?

However, since you mentioned it, I'd say that anyone who chooses their faith because of a movie is a sheep, and the same goes for anyone who never gets past the Superego stage of their religious development.

Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -The Unknown- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:26pm

And you are gonig to *Insert your very immature language here* yourself when you die and find out that our beliefs were/are right...

WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:26pm

yup, me 2.

you can say that for me, trodor, you, ect. but i dunno about others, such as Apu, but it is their choice, 

its truly a life or death situation, either spend eternity being tortured, burned, and bitten by snakes, or walks streets of gold and worship God and never feel pain or be tired, personally, i choose option 2

Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -The Unknown- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:28pm

But you're the only one who deserves to eat it...

Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

yup, me 2.

you can say that for me, trodor, you, ect. but i dunno about others, such as Apu, but it is their choice, 

its truly a life or death situation, either spend eternity being tortured, burned, and bitten by snakes, or walks streets of gold and worship God and never feel pain or be tired, personally, i choose option 2

So you would condemn a fellow human, a creation, if not believer of, God, to an eternity of pain because they do not see things the way others do?
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:30pm

Oh, so I can't be a christian because I swear every so often? One(two!) teeny weeny swear **edited**s me for life and possibly beyond?

Ever heard of a devils advocate? Let's see if we can pick this apart. But no, I was actually serious about most of it.

but why would you do it if you know you are breaking the commandments.

also, he didmt say you weren't, but you truly arent acting like it

also, read my commandment quiz

tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:30pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^

You can't argue with them. 

Don't worry about it.  They wouldn't argue unless the felt threatened.  I would be to If I was them.

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

but why would you do it if you know you are breaking the commandments.

also, he didmt say you weren't, but you truly arent acting like it

also, read my commandment quiz

If you have ever masturbated then you have violated one of the Ten Commandments. Get the hell off our forum, sinner.

Edited by Ejp414

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic