Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just saw the passion......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 9:07am
theres a book my grandmother has, called "Many infallible proofs" it connects many things in the Bible (original Bible, not a changed version for other churches) with events that happen in modern times. Very persuading and interesting. As you know the Bible speaks of an anti-christ, the last leader of the world that will come from Europe when Europe takes over as superpower and the great power in the west (most likely us) falls. And Europe is coming together (ie: European money) etc......The Bible speaks of the future with remarkable accuracy, and don't say it dosent if you havent read it because than YOU don't know. Im Roman Catholic, we don't go to peoples houses, we don't call people (thats the Church of Latter day saints aka mormons) who do that, they come to my door like every month. They have very different beliefs from the Catholic church. My church does lots of good, we help poor people on thanksgiving, and lots of other stuff. Ive grown up in a christian house so that explains how I got my beliefs and go to church often as my moms an organist in my church.

Benny go home!
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Frozen Frozen wrote:

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

Originally posted by Eastside Eastside wrote:

I took a world religiouns class in my high school last year, got A's, you still gonna tell me im wrong? The bible was not finish around 100 ad. The last book wasnt finished until the mid 1800's.

<>
the mid 1800's?? the final book of the Bible is Revaltion, which was written by Paul while he was exiled to an island I can't think of the name too....more like 100 years after Christ died....not 1800 years

Revelations was written by a man named John, more than likely the same John as the gospel writer. Oh, and if the Bible wasn't finished until the 1800's, then where did the term "Gutenberg Bible" come from?

Gutenburg made the first widely available bibles...in like the 1400's???

Exactly, so if the Bible was first published in the 1400s, then it couldn't have possibly been completed in the mid-1800s.

HondaXR View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Makes Foxworthy Look Like a Yankee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaXR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 9:38am
Yea I saw it.....Some of that stuff was super bloody and I cant stand human blood(fine with animal blood for some reason). But at the end I was just about crying like the rest of the people in the place were. But still it was a very good movie.
SL68II
Pro/Am
68 Carbine
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 9:56am

People on both sides of this suck. The point isn't to insult Christianity or to insult any other religion. My point was exactly as AdmiralSenn stated it, I think it's sort of sad that so many need a movie to be reminded of their "faith".

Just because I said that I am atheist doesn't mean that I was putting forth the idea that God doesn't exist. I may think that, but when a Buddhist says he is Buddhist, do you become offended and try to defend your religion? If you do, then you're probably very insecure in your faith.

And, yes, The Unknown, I went to sleep, I would continue the debate with you in particular, except that I don't see any need to. I think any outside observer with an ounce of intellect would see exactly what was going on. However, I do think it would be interesting to see what random non-sensical response generator you're using--I don't think I've seen those before.

I agree, people shouldn't need a movie to be reminded.  But it happens, be it a movie or not, it happened.  If people feel better about themselves and their religion, then let them.

This thread went out of control when people started throwing around insults.  If you keep it civilized and stick with the facts, then people wont get mad.  But people from both sides, such as unknown drop to name calling and starts an insult thread.  VisionImp states strictly what hes been told and hasnt researched any of what he says.   If anyone would like to debate in a clean manner  and ask a question about my beliefs or theorys, or theirs, I would be glad to answer or listen to them.

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 10:02am
Originally posted by tippy_182 tippy_182 wrote:

People on both sides of this suck. The point isn't to insult Christianity or to insult any other religion. My point was exactly as AdmiralSenn stated it, I think it's sort of sad that so many need a movie to be reminded of their "faith".

Just because I said that I am atheist doesn't mean that I was putting forth the idea that God doesn't exist. I may think that, but when a Buddhist says he is Buddhist, do you become offended and try to defend your religion? If you do, then you're probably very insecure in your faith.

And, yes, The Unknown, I went to sleep, I would continue the debate with you in particular, except that I don't see any need to. I think any outside observer with an ounce of intellect would see exactly what was going on. However, I do think it would be interesting to see what random non-sensical response generator you're using--I don't think I've seen those before.

I agree, people shouldn't need a movie to be reminded.  But it happens, be it a movie or not, it happened.  If people feel better about themselves and their religion, then let them.

And the fact that it happened says a lot about our "Christian" society. That's what I was pointing out.

capcadetspencer View Drop Down
Who cares about a title???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capcadetspencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 3:53pm

Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Originally posted by tippy_182 tippy_182 wrote:

Originally posted by munky! munky! wrote:

Originally posted by meteora meteora wrote:

I went to see it with my church, i got really sad its amazing what he did for us and what Jesus had to go through

keep in mind that it was a holly wood movie and the realy story was probibly a bit less heroric... havnt seen it though

i also dont think jesus has any signifigance

but i dont really know the story or anything... even though my mom was a pasture for awhile (luthern) so was my grandpa

I fail to see how someone endures days of constant torture and ridicule for us when he didn't even have to give us the time of day, and he isn't considered a hero?  We all deserve to be in hell and because of his love I'm going to heaven.  He's all the hero I need.
Your going to **edited** yourself when you die and find out your beliefs are bull...

I believe you will ""edited" yourself" when YOU die and find his beliefs are real... What you are saying is the bull....

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift -Steve Prefontaine

MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 3:54pm
I don't like it cause everyone else likes it.

Coming in May 2005!
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Big Jim Big Jim wrote:

I personally don't believe Christianity is a religion. I believe it is having a personal relationship with God.

Well at least theres someone (besides senn) in here that i can respect.
tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 5:28pm

Christians are people who put their faith in the belief that there is a God. Like it or not, people (including you) put their faith in things every day. When you sat down in your cumpter chair, you put your faith(know it or not) in that chair that it would hold you when you sat down. When you lay down tonight your going to put your faith in the bed in the fact that it will hold you up. (you=every reader)

Faith is trusting something. I put My faith in the fact that their is a God, and he has a plan for me on this earth, and a place for me when i die.

Some people put their faith in another god, or that their is no god, or what ever else, my point is: if you believe in something else than God,i will not flame you or even think bad about you. Just pray for you.

I can't convince you that i'm right, and you can't convince me that i'm wrong.

Flame me if you must, but it will not annoy me, so whats the point?

Here we go again
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 7:27pm
I know, this is an uber bump, but I wanted to answer Prodigy's post.

I didn't hang up my hat, just my keyboard. The reason why is evident in the first 3-5 pages of this topic.

Anyway, at least we've got some degree of civilization in here.

And once again, anyone up for a hardcore religion debate is free to PM me. As long as I'm not evacuating from Frances and possibly Ivan, I'll answer.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic