Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$250+ to spend

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chaos_Lord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaos_Lord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $250+ to spend
    Posted: 23 August 2004 at 9:54am
I have about $250+ a little to spend a need a guna nd everything to start. What should i buy???
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 9:58am

You can get a 98c to start with for about $140, then pick up the mask, tank and whatever else you'll need to start with with that extra money.

The 98c is a great marker to start with, It's affordable, and upgradable. You might even have some money left over to pick up a few upgrades for it.

If you went with an A-5, the marker itself will cost you about $275.

The 98c is probably your best bet. It's a dependable workhorse who will last it as long as you need it to.

Edited by Reb Cpl

oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 9:58am

Ding

http://www.kmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1304221& ; ;cp=712507.710318&parentPage=family

its only a model 98 but if you relly wanted a 98 custom you could put the package together yourself.

Edited by oreomann33
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 10:02am
Get a paintball gun.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaos_Lord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 10:16am
So i could get a 98 custom for around 130 that leaves me with about 130 left. what else???
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 10:18am

well the tank, a decent mask, a new barrel ( do a search on here about barrels) and perhaps some upgrades for the marker.

Look around, see what's available and what tickles your fancy.  

†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Trogdor2 Trogdor2 wrote:

Get a paintball gun.

ya know, most people who make useless replies actually try to be funny about it.

Get yourself a 98 custom, a 16oz c02, a new barrel, and a mask. A good mask would be pretty much anything made by V-force or JT. There are others, but those companies have quality masks for lower prices.

For a barrel, a good choice would be a J+J ceramic @ $35.

so a 98c @$140
J+J        @$ 35
16oz c02 @ $25 or  so
JT Nvader elite thermal(i have this one, its nice) @ $35(not positive)

total---- $ ~$235
borntopaint View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Likes to eat "Meat"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borntopaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 10:55am
i'd say yes to teh nvader its good with the thermal but get a lappy instead ofthe J&J its a lil more but i'm madly in love w/ mine otherwise evything else is great info

"I normally refrain from conversation during gestation."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaos_Lord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 10:59am
woot! thanks a lot. So i just have to find the right barrell now. should i save for the flatline barrel or get like a 14 inch bigshot??? dont know how much that is though? how about paint and any special clothing costs and such?
whiteknight457 View Drop Down
Guested - I got BUNKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 11:38am
Search The Forum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaos_Lord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 11:51am
Is it worth to save up for the flatline or should i just get a different barrel?

Edited by Chaos_Lord
Guested - I got BUNKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 11:57am

do u play speedball or woodsball?

if you play speedball........ buy a lapco bigshot 12 or  14 inch, ebolt, halo b since speedball needs fast hoppers, lpk, drop forward, n2.

if you play woods............ buy a flatline, remote and R/T, 12v revy, x chamber

DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 12:02pm

the 12'' j&j ceramic or the 12'' lapco bigshot would be 2 great barrels, they are pretty much the same, just most people tend to like one or the other. you could get the flatline if you want to pay the extra cash, but its basiclly only intended for woodsball, and i dont see a ergency or the need for it personally. i think you would be better set with one of the first 2, they can be used for woods or speedball and they are a lot cheeper.

you should also get a double trigger, $35 max

Edited by DrunkDriver
Guested - I got BUNKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 12:03pm
flatlines will get you shot easily in speedball

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaos_Lord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 12:39pm
im planning on probably playing more woodsball then speedball. so i guess i should save up for the flatline unless something else take priorty like any other special equipment and paint. any ideas? or maybe i should just get like drunkdriver said a 12" or 14" bigshot.( dont know which size is better) Ideas are welcome.

Edited by Chaos_Lord
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 12:51pm

well here you go:

get the 98c

if you are worried about getting shot in the back of the head get a JT Elite Headshield

or get a V-Force Armour from www.pbgear.com and it's cheap but with no back head protection.

then get a tank. i like my 20 oz but whatever you want. then play stock for a while. i'd reccomend getting a pair of gloves and wearing those when you play. kinda hurts when you get shot in the hand.

then after playing with it stock for a while and getting used to it get a new barrel like a 12" J+J Ceramic or a flatline. depends if you want accuracy or range.

then some hints:

be aggressive. dont be afraid to get hit. wear layers so it doesnt hurt as much if you'd like(i wore a long sleeve shirt and a t-shirt once and i was fine). and have as much fun as possible. never stay in one spot too long. and be safe!! never take your mask off while there is a game goin on or if you are in shooting range of a loaded gun.

monster- baller View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster- baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 3:31pm
You could buy an a9 and a package with a tank, mask, loader
ect. for around $275 plus shipping
i reject reality and substitute my own

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaos_Lord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 1:31pm
should i get the e-bolt or the R/T for my 98 custom? I already have a flatline barrell too and i play woodsball more than speed. 

Edited by Chaos_Lord
PBinfonater View Drop Down

Strike 1: Disrespectful Behavior H-25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBinfonater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 2:04pm

Originally posted by monster- baller monster- baller wrote:

You could buy an a9 and a package with a tank, mask, loader
ect. for around $275 plus shipping

right a9 whooooooooo yaaa better than that **edited**ty a5        

There is no "I" in "Team", but there sure is a "Me".
Tippmann A-5
RT
Flatline
Chrome Bullet drop with on/off
Male Palmer
Internal Polish
Stainless Steel kit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaos_Lord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 2:06pm

im confused

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic