Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is A Good Sniper Setup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Kovax14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kovax14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is A Good Sniper Setup
    Posted: 21 August 2004 at 9:31pm
I play woodsball almost all the time, and i thought that if i could shoot farther than my enemies, i could have a great advantage in those games (none of them have flatlines or anything)...so my question is whats a good sniper setup for a 98 custom?
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 9:34pm
 ARE YOU SURE YOU WANNA ASK THAT QUESTION!!?!?!
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 9:34pm

ok here's a little tippmann help. dont say sniper here. people tend to flame you. just a little advise. also here is a good one:

tippmann 98c

flatline barrel system

expansion chamber

remote line

some sort of scope if you like

i hope this helped you a little. good luck with your set up. and welcome to the forums!!!!!

VolrathDaFallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VolrathDaFallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 9:41pm

Like Smitty said don't use the "S" word on this fourm, its dangerous.

Anyway a good long range shooting setup would be a gun with a flatline on it. Like a 98c with flatline, A-5 with flatline, Autococker with flatline.

paint the gun in camo

Scope on top

Put a stock on the back of it unless its an autococker

Put a By-pod under the berral

and get a guilli suit

Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 9:57pm

The popular opinion and consensus ,is that snipers dont exist in paintball , and any Dad-gummit , bone headed Newbie that insists that this is a fantasy game that glorifies combat , and wants to try and be a sniper ,is not only without a total lack of judgement , but is totally detached from reality , and need to be held underwater for about half an hour for a reality check !!

Having said all that , the disbelievers DO have some good points to make , you cannot engage an enemy from beyond the range of effective return fire . No matter the aerodynamics of the flatline , as long as it is shot at a comparable Velocity as other paintball markers ,it will have the same effective range , Simple Physics , and newtons laws of gravity take precedence over advertising hype there . Distance , you wont get with a flatline,, not appreciably anyway , that leaves only one thing,, Accuracy .

There are many things you can do to make your 98 more accurate , most would agree an aftermarket barrel is Prolly the most important , and first upgrade a Tippmann owner should make . I agree with that , and get some practice . Research paint to barrel bore match , barrel lengths , polishing your internals (for shot to shot consistency ) before you spend any money on a barrel , time well spent . Then play with your marker for a bit , see what you like , and what you dislike , then research some more and find the best improvements for YOUR style of play . I only have a few store bought upgrades , Cuz that matches my style of playing , and works for me , that may not work for you ,only you can decide that, lol

The best set up you can get is one you are accurate with and are well practiced on , focus on that , and you will blow away your opponents . its not the marker that defines the player , develop your game first . there are some pump players that OWN the field when they walk on, and its not cuz of their markers ,its whats pulling the trigger !!

SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
Robert C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:02pm
I dont know whats more annoying, the sniper posts, or everyone warning them "not to say the "s" word".

Anyway I do have to agree, you will quickly grow out of wanting to be a sniper after you play a few games and realize your not doing anything but hurting your team and yourself.
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:06pm
My vote is for the Hush-Hush'ers , LOL
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:20pm
omg sniper
sniper sniper sniper sniper sniper sniper sniper sniper
Bomber Brigade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bomber Brigade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:21pm

Well. You don't need a gun to look like a sniper. You can just buy a tippmann 98 custom buy some speedball upgrades. And use sniper tactics. That will work just as good. Those sights and flatline barrel and stuff is all overpriced. Paintball is a game in itself. Its not made to replicate real life. I use to think the same thing. But its a game in itself. So don't be like oh I don't want that its not realistic. It deosn't matter. Just remember that. And the best tactic that I can give is Just because you can't see them deosn't mean they can't see you. Well I hope that helps.

Groove.

ic3man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ic3man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:27pm

Originally posted by Robert C Robert C wrote:

I dont know whats more annoying, the sniper posts, or everyone warning them "not to say the "s" word".

Anyway I do have to agree, you will quickly grow out of wanting to be a sniper after you play a few games and realize your not doing anything but hurting your team and yourself.

b.s. i play senerio games and personally snipers a highly honored out there and we change the outcome majorly but were not  "snipers" in the most indepth of the term but that just triped my trigger so i had 2 retaliate

†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:30pm
omg i can snipe you from 100s of feet, or sneak up on you and take you out, and nobody will even hear the shot. i am god
sig2206.A-5 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I am a dumb signiuture picture thing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sig2206.A-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:53pm

Lets see robert........hmmm looks like you just joined so you have no idea why everyone gets mad about the word sniper.Here, why dont you type in sniper in the search icon on top and you can look at the 123,200,223,354,456,675,867,000,000,000,000 sniper posts on there. Put it this way there is no posible way to be a "sniper" in paintball mainly due to the fact that a paintball only goes about 150 ft then drops.That means no acurate shots and after you get one person your getting lighted up by 30 some people.The "sniper aspect is to be coseled(sp) and to pick off enemys/players/whatever from a far distance,remember the average pb field is either speed/air/x/ field leath or about an acer(sp) or a half.

So dude dont talk before you actually know whats going on/already happend.

Topic starter; I would say, get a flatline barrel, a remote line, a car or full combat stock, and if you want the buy your self a nice adco site.http://www.opsgear.com,http://www.ronin-gear.com,http://www.LapcoDirect.com,http://www.acisports.com,http://www.bushrag.com

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 11:03pm
^its 124,200,223,354,456,675,867,000,000,000,000, duh
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

/me snipes BC
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 11:27pm
oh yeah i forgot the stock
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by †Sniper† †Sniper† wrote:

/me snipes BC
bounces off me because your too far away.
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 11:39pm

Originally posted by †Sniper† †Sniper† wrote:

/me snipes BC
bounces off me because your too far away.

I use the M24, non of this lamer paintball sniper stuff.

you are dead

ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 12:07am

ok i just found this out the definition of sniper a is a a person shooting from a concealed position. so really if you hide in a bush and shoot someone without being seen you were just a sniper just a fact that i found.

Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 12:18am

Yeah, I'm glad that people finally realize that, and if they didn't, then I would just give up this sport.

[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 12:20am
Originally posted by ekeboo ekeboo wrote:

ok i just found this out the definition of sniper a is a a person shooting from a concealed position. so really if you hide in a bush and shoot someone without being seen you were just a sniper just a fact that i found.

Oh, well that I hope ends this stupid thread.

[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic