Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is A Good Sniper Setup

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Stare directly into my avatar...

Joined: 03 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 9174
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 10:09pm
Oh noes!!!!!!11 u is teh snipp-er.

i got snipp-erd.

let me get mah 30 inch barrel nd scope. 

I WILL SNIP U BACK!!!!!1111

wow i am bored.  once again "I pity the fool who highlights and quotes this.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Back to Top
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Joined: 06 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1624
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 10:52pm

Wait,, back up a bit , I cant find you Wit my 3X9 Weaver , Wats Dat ?!? , Yer ear !! , ok, Aww Pooh , hit the dirt 30 feet in front of you , lemme sneek up on ya , hold still now,, ,plug Yer ears, here I come , Woot Gotcha !! Oh, wait,,

 

 

This is starting to read like an old comic book , lol

SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
Back to Top
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Joined: 27 March 2004
Location: Frisco Nor Cal
Status: Offline
Points: 7224
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 11:44pm
Looks like a dialog fer a porn flick
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Back to Top
S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Joined: 22 July 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3271
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S\/\/4T-L()G4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 7:50am
Originally posted by ekeboo ekeboo wrote:

Originally posted by S\/\/4T-L()G4N S\/\/4T-L()G4N wrote:

[QUOTE=ekeboo]


well eexxxccuuuusssseee me!  Deer are also really dumb i didnot say i was a sniper and you can shoot somebody with them seeing you!!! and with youre last sentance you should get your tail out of a bush and do a stinkin charge on a bunker!!!



If deer are that dumb, why are there so few bow hunters and so many rifle hunters? Any nub can shoot a deer at 300 yards. Not everyone can shoot a deer that you can see every individual hair on them.
Back to Top
monster- baller View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Flaming

Joined: 12 April 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 234
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster- baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by S\/\/4T-L()G4N S\/\/4T-L()G4N wrote:

Originally posted by ekeboo ekeboo wrote:

Originally posted by S\/\/4T-L()G4N S\/\/4T-L()G4N wrote:

[QUOTE=ekeboo]


well eexxxccuuuusssseee me! Deer are also really dumb i didnot say i was a sniper and you can shoot somebody with them seeing you!!! and with youre last sentance you should get your tail out of a bush and do a stinkin charge on a bunker!!!



If deer are that dumb, why are there so few bow hunters and so many rifle hunters? Any nub can shoot a deer at 300 yards. Not everyone can shoot a deer that you can see every individual hair on them.


there are so many rifle hunters because most of man-kind is to lazy and impatiant to hunt deer with a bow is they even hunt at all
i reject reality and substitute my own
Back to Top
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Joined: 25 December 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3714
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by monster- baller monster- baller wrote:

Originally posted by S\/\/4T-L()G4N S\/\/4T-L()G4N wrote:

Originally posted by ekeboo ekeboo wrote:

Originally posted by S\/\/4T-L()G4N S\/\/4T-L()G4N wrote:

[QUOTE=ekeboo]


well eexxxccuuuusssseee me! Deer are also really dumb i didnot say i was a sniper and you can shoot somebody with them seeing you!!! and with youre last sentance you should get your tail out of a bush and do a stinkin charge on a bunker!!!



If deer are that dumb, why are there so few bow hunters and so many rifle hunters? Any nub can shoot a deer at 300 yards. Not everyone can shoot a deer that you can see every individual hair on them.


there are so many rifle hunters because most of man-kind is to lazy and impatiant to hunt deer with a bow is they even hunt at all


Sitting in a little tree fort for 8 hours isn't my idea of fun, sorry.

TArget shooting, however, is most enjoyable to me.
Back to Top
Blue Hopper View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 841
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 3:36pm

The people on this forum have no life.Enough with the sniper. So as promised heres my speach again 

Look all yalls argueing about snipers have gotten so old I'm thinking of never opening this forum again. People please stay away from the word snipers. I'm thinkin a lot of these people lost their parents to snipers the word makes them so upset. I'm guesing that everyone knows its a touchy subject here. So if someone even mentions it then don't argue with them. A word is only as important as the meaning WE give it not a bunch of proffesional snipers and dictionarys. The reason I'm so mad is from previous posts and I don't want a flame war growing again.

Yes I have posted this before and will keep posting this till yall give up fighting.

Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
Back to Top
TippmannBro View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Enos for Prez.

Joined: 31 March 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 523
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 5:13pm
I think that we need to get the Moderators to sticky a post up that will tell all of the newbs that they do not need to start sniper posts. They are the ones who get all this started, but they dont know any better. It would help if they were given some sort of warning about what it will cause. This thread needs to be closed. I hate these things.
WAR EAGLE!!!

Back to Top
-BlAcK SuN- View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 21 August 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 15
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -BlAcK SuN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 5:22pm

ok its probaly already been said but i just wanna kno why people act anal about the word sniper and why they dont like them when they play the way i see it is if u r following the rules then don worry bout what other people r doing worry about ur self

 

WOAH scary that sounded like a cheap dr. phil

What did paintballs ever do to you !!!use hollow metal balls!!! (shh they hurt more too
Back to Top
wolfwood's_here View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 August 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 23
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfwood's_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 5:44pm
anyway...

if you decide not to go with the flatline, make sure to not get a barrel that is much longer than about 14". It has been noted by many (myself included) that a longer barrel DOES provide better accuracy, but it also takes lot more gas and can cause ball breaks in barrel. How? the paintballs are slowing down too much in the barrel and hitting each other. This is very rare, but can physically happen.

If you want a listing of these other types of barrels, just look for the barrel comparison thread somewhere around here...


as far as the remote, for some people (me), we need to have a certain weight on the marker, in order to be able to handle it properly. meaning that I do not usually use a remote because it makes my gun too light. This means that any kick will now be much greater, because there will be less mass to accelerate (think inertia). Unless I have a way of stabilizing the marker, I will not play very well at all.

thus the stock. It can be used to help stabilize the marker by pressing against yourself. Yes, it is true that most stocks make it harder to sight with a mask on, unless you have a flexible mask, or a stock that is designed to make sighting easier, such as one that connects to a bottomline instead of the back of your marker. personally, I think that sometimes people spend too much time trying to aim with sights insead of watching where the balls go and adjusting. this way, you can shoot without losing focus on the field (when you "aim", you focus on one point), so a stock may not interfere with your aiming at all.

So, in the end, whatever you call yourself, do what works for you and do it well.
"May you go with the love and protection of Almighty God"     -Nicholas D. Wolfwood
Back to Top
brandizzle View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 01 August 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 139
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 6:03pm

I am Kamikaze when i play.. i get shot alot in one game but i also get alot of people out..bunkering is fun



Edited by brandizzle
Back to Top
Blue Hopper View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 841
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 6:54pm

Originally posted by TippmannBro TippmannBro wrote:

I think that we need to get the Moderators to sticky a post up that will tell all of the newbs that they do not need to start sniper posts. They are the ones who get all this started, but they dont know any better. It would help if they were given some sort of warning about what it will cause. This thread needs to be closed. I hate these things.

Not everyone who joins this forum will see it at first. Everyone needs to just do what I said calm down and don't get upset. If someoine asks about a sniper setup again try to help them but don't give them any crap about what they just said.

Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
Back to Top
whiteknight457 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested - I got BUNKD

Joined: 17 April 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 580
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 9:42pm
o and i aint 12 moron. nice try to flame me back. and heres my trademark according to you   []
Back to Top
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Joined: 25 December 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3714
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by wolfwood's_here wolfwood's_here wrote:

anyway...

if you decide not to go with the flatline, make sure to not get a barrel that is much longer than about 14". It has been noted by many (myself included) that a longer barrel DOES provide better accuracy, but it also takes lot more gas and can cause ball breaks in barrel. How? the paintballs are slowing down too much in the barrel and hitting each other. This is very rare, but can physically happen.



I stopped reading after that part. Sorry bucko, but you're wrong.
Back to Top
whiteknight457 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested - I got BUNKD

Joined: 17 April 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 580
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 9:52pm
^^ true, a longer barrel is less range and duznt cause lots of probs, they use em fer looks mostly
Back to Top
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Joined: 27 March 2004
Location: Frisco Nor Cal
Status: Offline
Points: 7224
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 11:40pm

Im repeating what I said in another thread that was started a couple days ago....

If you really think bout it, theres only 1 way to avoid the "sniper subject" in the forum....."ignore it". 

If you get an urge to see what the hoopla is all bout...jus read it and dont post anything.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Back to Top
wolfwood's_here View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 August 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 23
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfwood's_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by †Sniper† †Sniper† wrote:


I stopped reading after that part. Sorry bucko, but you're wrong.


Um, ok....if I am wrong, why? Because hasn't ever happened for you? Because it has never happened before? Hmm? Note also that I said it is physically possible, not that I had actually done it. It is easy to say  "you're wrong", so explain yourself. Meanwhile, I will explain myself.

Have you ever heard of the term "drafting". That is why bicyclists ride right behind each other. When your marker fires a paintball, it has to push the air in front of it in the barrel out of the way, and creates a vaccum exactly behind it. That means the paintball will slow down unless the air can be pushed out quickly. Things like porting fight that, giving the air in front (and also the gases behind) of the paintball a place to go. Are we good to that point?

Now, I ask you why you do not see many barrels nowadays that are not ported? Especially long barrels? Especially on high quality markers?

Let me set up a simple math sequence. I will assume there is no friction inside the barrel (which there is in even the highest quality barrel). I will also assume that any ball will have an instant acceleration, which they do not. This is because realistically, the second ball will have a greater acceleration than the first, and the third better than the second, because of drafting inside the barrel. The balls WILL reach a point where the acceleration does not increase, but you would either reach thepoint that you had a constant stream of paintballs coming out of the barrel or they would be hitting each other so fast that you would basically have a stream of paint sputter. We will not need to look that far ahead just yet. Ok? No? Too bad.

Velocity = Distance/Time

300fps * 12 in/ft = 3600 in/sec

30bps ROF means you will have another ball in the chamber and fired every 1/30th of a second.

1/30th second * 3600 in/sec = 120 in or 10 feet, so that means that the paintballs are 10 feet apart.

I do not have the time nor resources to figure out friction so that my numbers could be perfectly accurate. It shows that with today's best equipment (and assuming no friction, and instant acceleration which both do not exist at this point) that it is not possble to have a paintball hit another in the barrel. Notice I could also not account for any effect of draft. This considered, I cannot yet prove my point mathematically. In fact it seems I am closer to proving yours than mine. But at least I know why.

I hope to bear no ill will, but I do not like when people are bold enough to call me out, yet too lazy to even understand or comprehend why.

Have a nice day.
"May you go with the love and protection of Almighty God"     -Nicholas D. Wolfwood
Back to Top
Betterdays View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 09 May 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 310
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betterdays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 3:47pm

You seem to be contradicting your intial arguement with your second explanation...


Originally posted by wolfwood's_here wolfwood's_here wrote:



but it also takes lot more gas and can cause ball breaks in barrel. How? the paintballs are slowing down too much in the barrel and hitting each other. This is very rare, but can physically happen.
 




Originally posted by wolfwood's_here wolfwood's_here wrote:



It shows that with today's best equipment (and assuming no friction, and instant acceleration which both do not exist at this point) that it is not possble to have a paintball hit another in the barrel.


Your second arguement is correct...it is not possible to have another paintball overtake the first in the barrel....because the second ball would be subject to the same forces of friction as the first and slowed the same amount. (This obviously assumes no catastrophic failure in the barrel which prevents normal operation)

"Drafting" does not apply here...for a variety of reasons. Without getting to deep into the physics of it, drafting works because it counters air resistance. At the size and speed of paintballs (or real bulltets for that matter) this resistance is so minimal its lost in the friction the barrel generates.




Back to Top
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Joined: 25 December 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3714
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by wolfwood's_here wolfwood's_here wrote:

bla bla bla long crappy post


Dude...a longer barrel is NOT more accurate, THAT was the point I was talking about. I'm not even gonna go into the ohter stuff about balls hitting each other in the barrel.
Back to Top
Sarge14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 13 August 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1550
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 5:22pm
I dont usually do this because of my loyalty to my 98c, but get an A-5 with a flatline.

I play with a guy who is a down right sneaky You know what, which uses an A-5 flatine. yes he has some of those fake leaves on his mask but thats it, he isnt what i would define a sniper, more or less a sneaking person. my point here is you dont need to tramp through the woods looking like a fool trying to blend into the backround and do a one shot one kill deal.

And also dont listen to anyone when they say dont say sniper, its a stupid thing that un-mature people cant seem to get rid of.
Nothing is Stronger than the Heart of a Volunteer


Proud to be a Soldier in the United States Army!
Commo Leads the Way!!
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.328 seconds.